PDA

View Full Version : Lions comp

flyfisho
12-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Is the Lions comp still happening at Awoonga this year ?
hearing mixed reports of its existence.
I am ( was , maybe) heading there then, and was wondering if Riot gear will be necessary at the boat tramp :-/

flyfisho
14-10-2008, 06:22 AM
Seriously ???

Sniper
14-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Just rang Kylie at Lake Awoonga Caravan Park to find out exactly what is going on with the Lions comp on the same weekend. The comp has been cancelled indefinately, however, accomodation is still limited as it looks like quite a few people are still going up for the weekend.

vet
14-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Gladstone area water board has changed its rules and it won't allow catch and kill comps on the lake anymore, so unless lions changes it's rules than there will be no comp. We should all thank Kurt from the hatchery for instigating this rule. cheers scott.

Big_Ren
15-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Wonderful news..........I assume they still have the Tinaroo meato comp? It might be next.

NAGG
15-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Wonderful news..........I assume they still have the Tinaroo meato comp? It might be next.

Paul ..... I was just thinking that when I read your post ......... couldn't agree more:thumbsup:
These days ...... With digital cameras & brag mats ... we certainly dont need to slaughter these magnificent fish

The photo I saw of the gantry ... Barra Bash (strung up dead barra in the tropical heat) a few years back made me physically sick:(

Chris