PDA

View Full Version : Now this is a tow vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!

SgBFish
10-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Just got back from a month in Canada.

This what they use to tow things and they are everywhere in Alberta because of the oil boom taking place there. Check the second photo the GMV is 14.2T.

They tow these trailers north to the fields and live in the vans.
In LA they selling GMC Silverados for 15K USD after the discounts on offer. This one is about twice that.
Scott

tunaticer
10-10-2008, 03:35 PM
If i could feed that with fuel I think i would opt for the v12 diesel dodge pickup.

GMC worry me a lot these days I think thier days are well and truly numbered.

Jack.

Chimo
10-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Particularly like the extra fuel storage in the back of the tray.

At least in Alberta there is no Provincial 7% tax so you only have to pay the Federal 7% VAT / GST

Probably wouldn't find this truck or the trailer at the ramp when you get back either.

Cheers
Chimo

SgBFish
10-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Chimo the rumour was that the Alberta Gov was going to pay the Federal tax for all constituents. How true that is I don't know.

death_ship
10-10-2008, 04:55 PM
hey scott, looks like captain rednuts ute, couldnt feel the 580 haines when we hooked her up

Chimo
10-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Hi Sgbfish

Not sure what your meaning is ? but are you suggesting that the province is going to take care of the Fed tax for all the residents too?

What a ripper if true and if they do it will all the other Cdns fit into Alberta after they move from most other places in the country?. The Nuefies probably won't find Alberta tho.

Cheers
Chimo

Local_Guy
10-10-2008, 08:26 PM
looks like a Ford F350. saw one of these down at the raby bay boat ramp pulling out a 10m fibreglass cat

honda900
11-10-2008, 12:05 AM
scott,

How do you reckon your missus will go getting that into the shopping centre..:o

Had a couple of mates get rid of their f250s, just to big, nice but you cant park them anywhere..

Regards
HOnda

SnapHead101
11-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Great vehicle, just what I need! What I can't understand is if they are 15 K in Canada, why do they cost 100K plus in Australia ??

SgBFish
11-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Snaphead they are 15K in Los Angeles, slightly more in Canada. I can't understand why they are so dear here!!!

Honda with one of these she would just push her way through. They were everywhere up there and they were paying $1:20/L for fuel.

Cimo thats what i understood they were going to do to encourage people to move there. Every business had a help wanted sign in the window.

I did like the remote start button for cold mornings where you can start car and run it from inside the house so its nice and warm when you get when its -40 outside.

scott

haggis
11-10-2008, 07:45 PM
the boss has a silvarado
you dont even notice his seven meter half cabin on the back of it.
bloody fast for a diesel truck . bloody big to . heated seats are magic after fishing all day in the rain in the winter
cheers haggis .............

capt
11-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Only in America ! ! !

Jimmy