PDA

View Full Version : coxcraft rum runner2

agcool
09-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Just looking for some feedback on the late model rum runners 2 any opinions would be nice .

Angla
09-10-2008, 11:45 PM
What sort of feed back.

I had an older one. 5.2 metres with an old Evinrude 115.

Went like the clappers and would not need any more horses. They rock a fair bit while on the water but they can handle a pretty rough sea. I had mine out in 35 knotts off coolum and even caloundra. Mainly travelled that area from Mooloolabah to out as far as The Banks. Good fishing deck for 2 only.

Chris

Rumrunner2
10-10-2008, 10:56 AM
I've had a Rumrunner 2 with a 115 4stroke Johnno (white suzuki) for about 18 months now and I love it. Its a great allrounder, family trips (2&5yo kids) in the passage, the bay and over to Moreton. Also use it for offshore trips off the cape and up to wide Cal. Have had it through its share of swell and chop, both outside and in the bay and it handles it pretty well. They are generally more competetively priced than signatures but more importantly the cabin and deck lay out was more suited to what my wife and I were after.

Like I said I love mine, the only reason I would sell it would be to go bigger (6m+)

Cheers
RR2

krazyfisher
10-10-2008, 04:19 PM
I have the reef runner which is the same hull just a differant deck layout. had mine for 3 yrs

agcool
10-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Whats it like in the rough

krazyfisher
11-10-2008, 07:28 AM
I find mine very smooth for its size and I would call it stable, but it is a wet boat, clears do fix that.

Rumrunner2
11-10-2008, 03:45 PM
I'd agree with krazyfisher, they are a bit wet in rough stuff (I need new clears!!). They do however ride pretty well and feel safe and solid for 5.4m. There is no tracking or fighting the steering even when going with or across chop/swells, which you will find in some lighter hulls. Nice high sides are good in sloppy conditions and a good to lean against especially fishing offshore (a short guy might struggle a little when trying to wee over the side!)

tin can marlin
11-10-2008, 04:03 PM
I have been i one and i would have to say they are a very nice rig. And if i was in the market i would be looking at new because the deal might be better than buying used as the market is tight worth a look at.

Kevaclone
11-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Whats it like in the rough

Mate of mine has a 2 yo Reefrunner
it's a rougher boat than my old Seafarer V-Sea, so much so that some days he can't go far because it's too much for his back
And unless you have the front and side clears up you will need a raincoat

other problems he's had is cracks in the hull, had to have the original boat replaced after 3 months, cracks appeared around the engine mount in the transom, and now there are cracks again in the gelcoat in the bottom of the hull

after that seeing all that I'd never own a Cox Craft boat

the older versions were supposed to be great boats

Kev