PDA

View Full Version : Banjo Lures

Barry Ehsman
09-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Recently ordered these plastics from a TV add (typical fisho sucked in by anything)tried them out last weekend in a local river & was plesantly suprised to catch 4 Redfin late in the day after persisting with hardbodies with no luck, Now i cant wait to try them out at Teemburra Dam next month (might have to upgrade the hooks).
Like to know if anyone has had any luck with them.

Cheers Baz

Colo77
09-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Let me know how they go at Teemburra. A great place to fish around here, just havn't been able to get up there for quite a few months.

Colo

Barry Ehsman
09-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Will do Colo won't be back home until the end of November,going to Baffle Creek for 1 week on the way home. I will post a new thread then.

childers
05-11-2008, 11:11 AM
g'day barry ,
think i saw the same add ,
went on for ages ,
did look the goods,
really keen to hear how you go at teemburra and baffle with em ,

good luck cheers

I GOT CRABS
05-11-2008, 01:10 PM
my mate also bought some and used them on our latest trip to weipa with not much luck. I dont think they would hold up in the timber

warrior
05-11-2008, 07:21 PM
we have heard some good reports from up north near cairns of some fishos have been targeting barra with succses ,good luck with your trip ,they were using the white 6inch models with upgraded hooks

darylive
05-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Well if you are going to sit up late at night drinking and watching TV this is bound to happen. You Idiot what were you thinkin? :P

How bright would you be? :-/

Mine arrived yesteday ;D I bought 'em from Ebay.

Up late, what are you gonna do?
it is either Ausfish, TV, or E-Bay, combine all three and you get Banjo Lures!

Well it is cheaper and safer than night clubs ;). I might give 'em a run this weekend at Monduran now you have reminded me.

I know they are here some where?

bicko1
28-03-2009, 12:09 AM
they are good but are too light to cast if you can get a good back wind or float them into a snag they will go well

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
31-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Awesome concept. It teaches an angler patience and finesse lure presentation. I reckon everyone should have a go.

Steve B
31-03-2009, 08:31 PM
I think similar to what JM is saying, They will work IF you have the ability to work a lure like the pros ( and these guys ARE pros!!!) do on the commercial.

Their style and finesse is spectacular when shown on the TV infomercial. Replicate that yourself with any lure and you will get fish...I doubt there would be too many amongst us that could work a plastic as good as these guys. I have been trying to master a few special styles (from several DVD's) in the local pool....its not easy and takes plenty of practice....I have got no where near these guys standard yet. Saying that, If you could master it, theres no reason why the banjo lures wouldnt catch heaps.

Cheers Steve

darylive
31-03-2009, 08:55 PM
I think similar to what JM is saying, They will work IF you have the ability to work a lure like the pros ( and these guys ARE pros!!!) do on the commercial.

Their style and finesse is spectacular when shown on the TV infomercial. Replicate that yourself with any lure and you will get fish...I doubt there would be too many amongst us that could work a plastic as good as these guys. I have been trying to master a few special styles (from several DVD's) in the local pool....its not easy and takes plenty of practice....I have got no where near these guys standard yet. Saying that, If you could master it, theres no reason why the banjo lures wouldnt catch heaps.

Cheers Steve

Really Steve that is your trouble right there mate.

Fishing in the local pool. Go and have a lie down mate

mull dog
31-03-2009, 09:03 PM
i got sucked in myself and after trying them in the creeks thought they were shit. even put them on standard jig heads to work em better but no success. thought i'd try them on bottom basher rig out at the reefs and yeeehaaaa;D (especially the glow in the dark ones). gets the better fish on the two hook rig. where can i get more cheaply?

darylive
31-03-2009, 09:13 PM
i got sucked in myself and after trying them in the creeks thought they were shit. even put them on standard jig heads to work em better but no success. thought i'd try them on bottom basher rig out at the reefs and yeeehaaaa;D (especially the glow in the dark ones). gets the better fish on the two hook rig. where can i get more cheaply?

Well there you go they probably work better on their own left in the current.

Big_Ren
31-03-2009, 09:19 PM

Few years ago he might have caught something down there Daryl:o

Whitto
01-04-2009, 07:13 AM
HHHHHhhhhhmmmmm the only good thing I saw was the nose hook attachment....those of you who use Slick rigs might take not..(throw the guts away and nose attach)....no more boiling and belting with a meat tenderiser to produce flexibility....you will be surprised with the difference.....those of you who have already tried it will know what I'm talking about;)

themissus
01-04-2009, 12:05 PM

:LMAO:

Come on Daryl....play fair.......don't pick on him....you know he's special:stupid: :hammer:

Steve B
01-04-2009, 12:16 PM
HHHHHhhhhhmmmmm the only good thing I saw was the nose hook attachment....those of you who use Slick rigs might take not..(throw the guts away and nose attach)....no more boiling and belting with a meat tenderiser to produce flexibility....you will be surprised with the difference.....those of you who have already tried it will know what I'm talking about;)

Whitto and Barry,

I have been experimenting with a squidgy 130ml flick bait to get the same action as the banjos....actually they look really good in the water. have a narrow profile and greater flexability to create actions when hooked in different areas. I like the nose hook attachement......even straght unweighted looks good....The bare slickies as Whitto described produce a pretty good action nose hooked too.

Cheers Steve

Kim, I have feelings you know;) ....I have to go lick some windows now:P