PDA

View Full Version : Stainless vs Plastic Burley Buckets

fish-n-dive
09-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi, I'm just after opinions on Stainless vs Plastic Burley Buckets.............

mik01
09-10-2008, 07:08 PM
plastic would make less noise when munching the burley.
also doesn't mark the gel coat on my boat where the bottom rear touches the hull.

haven't had a stainless so can't comment further

Scott nthQld
09-10-2008, 08:02 PM
I've got a plastic one, been on there for years, was on the boat when we bought it so don't know exactly, but up to 16 years ('92 hull) and still going strong, had to replace the stainless bolts for it once though due to corrosion.

I'd go with a plastic one, no stains from rust and much cheaper, but still lasts an age

tunaticer
09-10-2008, 08:26 PM
The noise factor alone makes metallic berley pots more a hinderance than a bonus. The chopper rattles and clangs about in sloppy conditions unless you take it out and stow it where it doesnt bang around.

Jack.

russ81
09-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey guys

I have gotten sick and tired of buying and loosing burley pots so i now get pvc tubing from bunnings and drill holes through it on the top i glur an end cap and have a screw cap on the bottom

battleon
10-10-2008, 04:13 AM
Hey guys

I have gotten sick and tired of buying and loosing burley pots so i now get pvc tubing from bunnings and drill holes through it on the top i glur an end cap and have a screw cap on the bottom

Great idea!!

Doesn't get any easier than that.

STUIE63
10-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Depends what you are going to fish for I think the ones on the back of your boat are ok for pelagics but for bottom boucing I use a burley bomb that drops the burley under the boat on the bottom I used to use a s/s burley pot till one day it took off and when I pulled it up it was munched probably by a shark I guess . so now I lower the bomb let out the burley and pull the bomb up
Stuie