PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Dealer - Gold Coast

frankgrimes
09-10-2008, 05:23 AM
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good yammy dealer on the Goldie?

Spoken to the guys at Marine Tune Burleigh + Labrador, and they seem alright..

Need to get a new 60 4stk fitted.

Thanks
Mick

death_ship
09-10-2008, 05:48 AM
marine tune were ok when they did my yammy, cheapest too

frankgrimes
09-10-2008, 06:08 AM
marine tune were ok when they did my yammy, cheapest too

Thanks mate - The guys down at Burleigh seemed the better of the two....which shop did yours?

boatboy50
09-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Hey Frank,

The Labrador shop does is now seperate to the Burleigh shop.

The guys at Burleigh are the cheapest for any Yamaha stuff, including new engines.

I don't know how good their mechanics are, but i've never heard a complaint.

Don't forget about Yatala Yamaha also, many people rave about their service and prices.

Regards

Darren

NormC
09-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Marine Tune Labrador is now called Broadwater Boating and is owned by the Hinterland Group (Hinterland Marine, Hinterland Toyota etc).
A couple of year ago, I bought a new Yammy motor from the Burleigh outlet (cheapest price), but always had it servced at Labrador (closest). Happy with both.

Brother-in-law had trouble with his Yammy a couple of years ago. Had it to an independant workshop 2 or 3 times and they charged him heaps without fixing it properly. He took it to Marine Tune (as it was atthe time) Labrador and it has run perfectly since.

I think most of the staff have remained the same at Labrador after the change of ownership.

Norm C

boatie_72
09-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Mate Marine Tune are ok, but u get what u pay for, i know of many customers that have had engines fitted to the boat and they dont proform right coz they havent been tested, Also try Tanner Marine down at tweed.

frankgrimes
09-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the feedback fellas - The 60's going on a Polycraft CC, and I believe Burleigh Marine Tune have experience in setting them up correctly(Might give them another call and confirm)

Mtx
09-10-2008, 11:21 AM
yeah go burleigh marine tune - speak to Mark.

SCOTTYGC
09-10-2008, 01:29 PM
i jaust had my yammy 4 stroke serviced by Chris at labrador (as its just around the corner )
he explained everything that he did and rang me before doing some extra work that needed doing

scotty

the gecko
09-10-2008, 04:53 PM
I think hinterland marine at burliegh are owned by Why-tings brother. Send Nick a pm.

Andrew

rc@hinze
09-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Just had a Yammy 50 supplied and fitted by Tanner Marine at Tweed. It also was on a poly. Under new ownership down there and they are very helpful. Their main mechanic is supposed to be very experienced in Yamaha. Give them a phone call and sound them out for yourself. - all the best

death_ship
09-10-2008, 08:34 PM
got mine from burleigh, they had a pretty good attitude, no complaints

waynesworld
09-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Bought my yahama from marine tune.Had dramas with it.Took it back.$180 later guess what same dramas.Definately not going back there.Took else where and $65 later.MINT!

frankgrimes
09-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Bought my yahama from marine tune.Had dramas with it.Took it back.$180 later guess what same dramas.Definately not going back there.Took else where and $65 later.MINT!

Which marine tune? Burleigh or Labrador?

frankgrimes
09-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Just had a Yammy 50 supplied and fitted by Tanner Marine at Tweed. It also was on a poly. Under new ownership down there and they are very helpful. Their main mechanic is supposed to be very experienced in Yamaha. Give them a phone call and sound them out for yourself. - all the best

Thanks mate will give them a buzz tomorrow.

tin can marlin
09-10-2008, 09:42 PM
I would say stay away from marine tune and go to broadwater boating they are more professinal etc. Marine tune don't water test there motor fitout my brothers motor fitted by them was hopeless wrong hole wrong prop pay the $500 extra and go to broadwater boating.

waynesworld
09-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Burleigh.Told me that a plug had fouled and threw the carbies out of tune!Not possible.Bad lesson there.

dreemon
10-10-2008, 07:18 AM
I ordered a tinny from burligh, at first he wanted to over charge me almost 2 k, then waited for the phone call to say "it's here come pick it up" I rang them and it was sitting there for 3 days ! with 2 dings >:(

frankgrimes
10-10-2008, 07:51 AM
Crikey - bit of negative feedback for Marine Tune!

honda900
10-10-2008, 08:38 AM
I got my boat and motor from Marine tune burleigh, nothing was too much of a problem.

Even got the mechanic to meet me at a spot for a water test, no problems at all at a time when they were really busy. Had my motor serviced there and it alway came back purring.

Just be aware that the labrador premises has been sold and no longer owned by Marine tune.

All in all have had good service from them.

Regards
Honda.

thelump
10-10-2008, 10:06 AM
Not a motor I know but I bought a trailer from Marine Tune and one of the springs broke. They drove to my house(Thornlands) and replaced both springs on that side without so much as a grumble. Would definately use them again.

BigE
10-10-2008, 08:15 PM
yatla yamaha!

toothfish
10-10-2008, 08:53 PM
See Paul Banning @ Broadwater Boating,Chris is the head mechanic & believe me they will look after you big time.After sales service would leave Marine Tune for dead.

frankgrimes
10-10-2008, 10:09 PM
See Paul Banning @ Broadwater Boating,Chris is the head mechanic & believe me they will look after you big time.After sales service would leave Marine Tune for dead.

Thanks mate - Had more than a couple of recommendations for Chris @ Broadwater.