PDA

View Full Version : Are you a boatie without a boat….. I am looking for a First Mate !!

Amosa
09-10-2008, 01:34 AM
Last year I bought a 4.6Mtr. bowrider (fibreglass) with an as new 60HP 4 stroke Johnson. The boat is in very good condition and I have all necessary safety gear etc. It is fitted with a ski post and I have skis.

It was intended to be used by wife, son, and myself, but my son has been up to his neck in university work, my wife is a good passenger but can’t swim or help with the boat, and it certainly needs two able-bodied persons to handle it, especially in/out of the water. Both my son and I are licensed but lacking inexperience, and knowing this are a bit weary about being overly adventurous.

The boat has consequently been little used and I am looking for a mate to go out with so that instead of sitting in my garage the boat can be put to good use. I am therefore looking for a licensed and an experienced person and a good knowledge of fishing would help although this is not intended exclusively as a fishing exercise.

I live on the south side of Brisbane near Forest Lake. So anybody interested … drop me a line. Email safm@uqconnect.net

mik01
09-10-2008, 07:56 AM
you will find a mate in the new members section - there are always people looking for someone with a spare seat in a boat.

BenDover
09-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Hey Amosa.

Yeah mate if your keen to go fishing sometime. Ill take you out and show you the ropes and the area's you can comfortably navigate on your own in the bay.

BD

chop duster
09-10-2008, 06:05 PM
BenDover is that your real name?:o
you might have a little trouble finding a first mate with that corka!:D

Tri N Hard
09-10-2008, 06:22 PM
I hope that is not the Ben dover who is best mates with Phillip Crevease:-[ :-[

mik01
09-10-2008, 07:09 PM
I hope that is not the Ben dover who is best mates with Phillip Crevease:-[ :-[

lol - could be a mate of Phil MCrackin!! :-/

BenDover
10-10-2008, 05:47 AM
Ha, as if thats my real name. Its from national lampoons.

thelump
10-10-2008, 06:58 AM
He has been seen recently with Phil Mcavity and Pat mcgroin.;D

TimiBoy
10-10-2008, 07:35 AM
And that famous Gay pair Patrick Fitzmichael and Michael Fitzpatrick...

;D;D;D

Tim

honda900
10-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Just goes to show, you think you buy a boat and all your mates will come out of the wood work trying to help you get it in the water.

It winds up being the opposite, hard to get good reliable deckies.. Every one wants to go until you give em the thursday arvo call.. Sundenly they got to much on.

Mate I hope you find a good deckie to help you out.

Regards
Honda

Greg P
10-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Good luck with your search.

Just as an aside. Can I ask what the difficulties are getting the boat on/off the trailer? A boat that size should not be too difficult for an able bodied person if the trailer is set up correctly. If you are looking to get general experience from spending time with another boatie then you are doing the right thing but get the trailer right and you should be able to enjoy the boat on the water with your wife/solo whenever you want.

wilcara
10-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Honda that is so spot on isn't it?

Ages ago I bought a boat because I could never find anyone to go with, and as soon as I did everyone says "Oh I didn't know you were into boating - you must come out on my boat!" and I seemed to spend all my time on other peoples boats.

Oh well, could be worse I guess... lol

Tri N Hard
10-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Love ya work, lol, keep im comin

BenDover
10-10-2008, 05:53 PM
ha ha, yeah. After you buy an entry level boat to see if you even like boating. Everyone wants to take you out and show you their rig and wouldnt be caught dead in yours if its not as good. But ofcourse you have to pay for the beer and half the fuel. ;). And for that you dont even get to try the spots where you think the fish are, and after 2 hours of no bites on bait if you even mention trying drifting with plastics you get the mickey taken out of you back at the pub (after catching no fish at all and not even trying with the plastics). :). Been there done that.

But I dont mind as my boat is broken at the moment. Just cant afford to buy my big 1 yet :(.
ps. I always get the best/most fish when i randomly decide to go out solo.
BD

Amosa
14-11-2008, 02:35 AM
Hi mate,
Sorry for the belated response to your offer but I have been swamped with other things. The weather ain't been great and I want to get an engine service a.s.a.p. If a land vehicle breaks down you can get out and walk but with a boat it ain't quite so easy !
Send me an email address and if you are still interested perhaps you could drop in for a beer and to have a look at the package before you decide where it would be appropriate to take it.

Regards, Amosa

Donny Boy
14-11-2008, 05:35 AM
[quote=Amosa;928357]
If a land vehicle breaks down you can get out and walk but with a boat it ain't quite so easy !

Y ??????????????

You mean.....................you can't walk on water........

Geez............................someone musta forgot to tell me.........................;)

Drop in one day & I'll show you how it's done....;D;D

( Don't forget the Bread & the Fish !!!) ::)