PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Pt Boat Ramp

PROBIE
07-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Ausfishers

Does anyone have some good ideas for approaching council regarding getting public pontoon put in at ramp near raby bay VMR.

VMR and Mort Bay Trailer boat club have one. Would be really handy for the rest of us.

Has this been tried before.

Thanks

Ted

sharkymark2
07-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Lets not stop there;D. How about some almost all weather ramps. Find it hard sometimes with the half cab trying to maneuver the boat on to the trailer with the missus helping. She isn't the strongest helper::). All our regos must be worth something :-/.

mik01
08-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Ausfishers

Does anyone have some good ideas for approaching council regarding getting public pontoon put in at ramp near raby bay VMR.

VMR and Mort Bay Trailer boat club have one. Would be really handy for the rest of us.

Has this been tried before.

Thanks

Ted

petition?
I'm sure the VMR boys would help by putting up a notice and keeping the petition in the VMR watchhouse? they could benefit by increased awareness of memberships to the non member boaties that launch there. Would save you standing there all day on the weekend in the sun trying to get signatures.

letters to councillors would also help - start lobbying your members.
it would be a smart idea to investigate budgets and planned works of the council in that area or in the ramp park to see if there may be some money available.

I would be happy to sign a petition and/or write to the Redlands council for the cause.

mowerman
08-10-2008, 09:06 PM
I have been having an ongoing dialogue with my local member ,Choi, on a number of boating and fishing issues for the last 6 months or so.

One request was for a couple of truck loads of sand at raby bay and Wello ramps. Those rocks arent real good for a glass boat.
Usual reply, "Ill mention it to the relevant department." Right.

Well bugger me if I didnt get a phone call about a month later from John from the Department of transport. Seems he is in charge of the maintenance for all the ramps in QLD.

And therein lies the problem. All the ramps. Lot of dollars involved and only a limited budget, do it for one and have to do it for others, yadda yadda yadda.
Maybe more people asking their politician where their boat rego goes might help.

One thing he did say was that Raby Bay ramp was to be upgraded to 6 lanes in the next 12 months. No mention of a pontoon though. And after using Vicky point ramp a couple of times,I dont think Id want one at Raby Bay.

Rod

mik01
09-10-2008, 12:32 AM
I have been having an ongoing dialogue with my local member ,Choi, on a number of boating and fishing issues for the last 6 months or so.

One request was for a couple of truck loads of sand at raby bay and Wello ramps. Those rocks arent real good for a glass boat.
Usual reply, "Ill mention it to the relevant department." Right.

Well bugger me if I didnt get a phone call about a month later from John from the Department of transport. Seems he is in charge of the maintenance for all the ramps in QLD.

And therein lies the problem. All the ramps. Lot of dollars involved and only a limited budget, do it for one and have to do it for others, yadda yadda yadda.
Maybe more people asking their politician where their boat rego goes might help.

One thing he did say was that Raby Bay ramp was to be upgraded to 6 lanes in the next 12 months. No mention of a pontoon though. And after using Vicky point ramp a couple of times,I dont think Id want one at Raby Bay.

Rod

hi mate,

pontoon still more dignified than the 'beach' or rocks.

yeah they can be a pain when its peak times and people don't clear off within a respectable time, however I have been very frustrated coming back in with the glass boat waiting for ages for the tiny 'beach' to clear to pull up.

either boaties don't know that 2 can fit side by side, or worse, jetski's park sideways on it and mozy up to the cars taking ages to reverse the car (taking wetsuits off, towelling down etc.)

good to hear about the upgrade - that will mean that the 'beach' and rocky sides will disappear so a pontoon hopefully is a must have in the plans.

cheers,
Mick

oldboot
09-10-2008, 10:06 AM
I supose we could start a "bucket of sand" campaign at wello.
Just bring a bucket of sand every time you put your boat in;D

If course it would have to be done in an enviromentaly sensitive way::)

cheers

PROBIE
11-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks Everyone for your feedback

Rod, I know what you mean about the pontoon at Vic point. I was thinking more of something that was off to the side of the ramps (not in the middle). Can you pm John's contact details please, I'm interested to speak to him.

Thanks

Ted

oldboot
11-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Just as amatter if interest....if they are going to put more lanes in at Raby Bay and a pontoon...... where will it all go?

cheers

datamile
11-10-2008, 11:31 AM
A pontoon for loading/off loading would be handy at a few more ramps, away from the ramp would be fine for me for loading kids and parents. I would still need to pursaud the wife to drive the boat on , or to get the trailer ;(

mik01
11-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Just as amatter if interest....if they are going to put more lanes in at Raby Bay and a pontoon...... where will it all go?

cheers

plenty of room from the fence dividing the redland boat club to the VMR pontoon side. I would assume they would expand towards the VMR side over the rocky 'beach'.

don't forget, its already 4 lanes now (or is it 3? can't remember). another 2 is no big deal

Marlin_Mike
11-10-2008, 02:32 PM
plenty of room from the fence dividing the redland boat club to the VMR pontoon side. I would assume they would expand towards the VMR side over the rocky 'beach'.

don't forget, its already 4 lanes now (or is it 3? can't remember). another 2 is no big deal

It has 4 lanes mik01

mik01
11-10-2008, 04:07 PM
It has 4 lanes mik01

thanks Mike - do you have any knowledge of the planned works? will it impact on the VMR in any way?

solaris
11-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Oldboot

I heard that the other side of the VMR is were the additional ramps and carparking was designated to go. Hopefully it will go ahead.