PDA

View Full Version : New Map of Lake Monduran

whiting
06-10-2008, 08:43 PM
A new map of Lake Monduran will be available from Wednesday 8/10/08.

The map shows the dam from the dam wall up to the Kolan River and all the major creeks.

It is an aerial photograph base corrected for distortions and overlayed with a GPS grid accurate to one tenth of a minute.

The original river bed is visable and it gives an indication of the dam shape at different water levels.

Local landmarks (eg White Rock, "B", Bird Bay etc) are marked on the map.

The maps will be available from Foxies Barra Havoc tackleshop and the kiosk at the Lake Monduran Holiday Park at the dam.

Price will be around $10.

It will be available at the World Wide Maps and Guides mapshop, Shop 30 Anzac Square Arcade in Brisbane some time next week.

Whiting

eotbmg
06-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Fantastic, hopefully we wont have to tow anyone out again!!!!!

Big_Ren
07-10-2008, 06:36 AM
I don't like your idea of a tow rope Benny......barbed wire;D

Roo
07-10-2008, 08:13 AM
Woo hoo. looking forward to getting my grubby mits on one.

crikey Ben, You left the door wide open with that one;) (and right on cue Paul enters stage left and delivers the blow!!)
I wonder if the map needs updating already......to show the NEW position of the fenceline!!

Cheers Roo.

eotbmg
07-10-2008, 08:39 PM
The fence line got pulled down, along with about 5 posts. Ol 175 horses of suzies best sorted it out, oh and some lunatic with a HOT FOOT.... YYEEAAHHHAAA
Ben

chewy01
07-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Wonder if the boys lost seat cushion is on there?? :) great news on the map

Big_Ren
07-10-2008, 09:19 PM
crikey Ben, You left the door wide open with that one;) (and right on cue Paul enters stage left and delivers the blow!!)
I wonder if the map needs updating already......to show the NEW position of the fenceline!!

Right on Roo:rifle: Ben (Barb) told me he always wanted to be a jackaroo ya know, rounding up cattle and the like;D His dream job for sure, and he was just getting in some practice shifting fences in that bay. We should rename it The Paddock in his honour;)

Ol 175 ponies struggled Benny. Stealth did not work in that bay::) And yes, some lunatic on the Hot Foot. Still laughing with you mate, not at you. There will be plenty more p*ss taken out of ya.

Cheers
Paul

Big_Ren
07-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Wonder if the boys lost seat cushion is on there?? :) great news on the map

Chew....I think Navi cast it in the drink with Vin's combo, watch, hat etc etc etc. He just didn't see it flying through the air.

chewy01
07-10-2008, 09:41 PM
maybe it doubled as a pfd??

eotbmg
08-10-2008, 06:58 AM
I reckon he has lost 10 grand worth of gear over board.... Remember the esky lid.....ohh noo.

Big_Ren
08-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Lol Ben. Navi now has an insurance policy for his insurance policy. There is a framed photo of Nav in the insurance company's head office;D

Chewy, not sure about the PFD mate, I think it must have sank quicker than Vin's Wheezer stick.

Cheers
Paul

black_sheep
08-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Yes, laugh it up boys.

I haven't even told you about the other trips that we've had with Vin rolling my 4WD near Emmaville on our way to cod fishing. Stuck the Pajero on the back of a tow truck and told him to drop it at my parents place in Brissy. We got Glenn Innis car rental to drop a car off where we rolled, packed rods into the hire car and still went fishing for the 4 days:o ;D .

Another time we went cod/bass fishing in the Nymboida River (in flood) and ended up wrapping the 15ft plastic canoe around a boulder and loosing $5K worth of fishing gear.

And then there was this time ...................... think you get the drift;) .

No shortage of carnage, swearing and some brotherly love when we go fishing::) .

Hope the boys fishing in Tinaroo don't see this post!!!

Big_Ren
08-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Yes, laugh it up boys.

I haven't even told you about the other trips that we've had with Vin rolling my 4WD near Emmaville on our way to cod fishing. Stuck the Pajero on the back of a tow truck and told him to drop it at my parents place in Brissy. We got Glenn Innis car rental to drop a car off where we rolled, packed rods into the hire car and still went fishing for the 4 days:o ;D .

Another time we went cod/bass fishing in the Nymboida River (in flood) and ended up wrapping the 15ft plastic canoe around a boulder and loosing $5K worth of fishing gear.

No shortage of carnage, swearing and some brotherly love when we go fishing::) .

Mr Bean and Basil Fawlty - all rolled into one;D You certainly have some stories mate.......reels exploding mid fight, trebles in the face, the esky lid saga, the broken winch handle, speeding off into the night at Lake Awoonga and forgetting to put the bungs in and making us put them back in at high speed in the dark:o and the list goes on and on and on....no wonder my guts hurt so much when I fish with you buggers...........have you told the airline yet you are flying to Cairns?

themissus
08-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Yes, laugh it up boys.

Navi....Please invest in a video camera(water and shock proof would be essential). It would be great viewing!! What was the esky lid saga??
Cheers Kim.

chewy01
08-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Im starting a new business, monduran salvage... should be pretty profitable i think!!!!!

Big_Ren
08-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Im starting a new business, monduran salvage... should be pretty profitable i think!!!!!

Just look at it like it's Navi's garage sale Chewy:P

black_sheep
08-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Kim,

Esky lid story was quite boring really. Got back from Mondy one trip and decided to take the boat and esky to car lovers. On the way I got a glimpse in my rear view mirror of something white skidding across the road. By the time I turned the car around 1km further up the road and drove back - someone had already stopped to pick it up. Only cost $120 for a new lid>:( .

Raincoat story was a bit better. Vin and I have these old yellow raincoats and pants - makes us look like a pair of prawn fishermen when we don 'em up the dam;D . Anywayz, for a while now I've been looking at buying a decent spray jacket that's somewhat fashionable. I finally found one that was a really good deal at 1/2 price so I lashed out and bought it. At the time I mentioned to Vin what a good buy it was but he was more then happy with his prawning jacket. 2 days later we decided to go offshore from Mooloolaba in unfavourable conditions in the middle of winter at 4am. Vin just whinged all the way because he was copping a flogging from the spray we were throwing up and was soaked to the bone and freezing. Meanwhile, I was as snug as a bug in my brand new spray jacket;) .

Needless to say I made a point of letting Vin know how dry and warm I was and what an awesome purchase I had made and what a tighta$se he was for not buying one too. I proceeded to take my jacket off, hang it over my chair and start fishing. Didn't catch anything so changed spots and started fishing again. About 10 mins later I turned around and noticed my jacket was no longer on my seat and had blown into the drink. I proceeded to curse non stop as Vin tried to hold back the tears that were now streaming down his face. I reckon I did about 100nm trying to find a blue jacket in a blue ocean!!!!! $100 for 1 hrs use:'( but gee it was good for that 1 hr:o .

I could write a book on this stuff Kim.

chewy01
08-10-2008, 05:24 PM
that is an absolute crack up,you pair should have your own fishing show!! :)

Big_Ren
08-10-2008, 05:37 PM
that is an absolute crack up,you pair should have your own fishing show!! :)

The wild and whacky adventures of New Moon and No Moon.....;D;D I am waiting for the return of serve......it will be ferocious me thinks.

eotbmg
08-10-2008, 06:29 PM
What about vin testing his lures in his pool, and the attack of the ferocious alsation..... More Nav we want more... Holy crap...... i just remembered that i have lent you my new camera for Tinaroo, ah well at least its water proof, but only to 3 meters. Try and drop it over in the shallows eh
Cheers
Ben

Big_Ren
08-10-2008, 06:34 PM
What about vin testing his lures in his pool, and the attack of the ferocious alsation..... More Nav we want more... Holy crap...... i just remembered that i have lent you my new camera for Tinaroo, ah well at least its water proof, but only to 3 meters. Try and drop it over in the shallows eh
Cheers
Ben

Your camera is in more trouble than the early settlers Ben. Does the insurance have a Navi clause?

chewy01
08-10-2008, 06:42 PM
imagine when monduran starts to drop again, steve and foxie will be staking out all the usual haunts awaiting the gear to show up, keep an eye out for specials in foxies.Ahhh that was bens cunning plan.he was trawling for navis gear.. and we all thought he was shabby driver....:) hey ben did ya get that pm bout jacks?

eotbmg
08-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Hey Chewy,
I was trying the 175 ponies on some serious torque test.
I did get the pm mate, did you get mine?
Tried on Sunday, with lures, i was getting sea sick from the other boats wake!!!!
Cheers
Ben

nipsta
08-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Hey Chewy,
I was trying the 175 ponies on some serious torque test.
I did get the pm mate, did you get mine?
Tried on Sunday, with lures, i was getting sea sick from the other boats wake!!!!
Cheers
Ben
you still trying for a jack ben dont worry i had a donugt saturday night too

chewy01
08-10-2008, 07:09 PM
no mate didnt get it, going sat night to try for one. and the following weekend im going down the inside of fraser chasing barra and fingermark...hope to buggery they play the game...i need a map like this one of mondy.It could read,broken live fibre,barra 8 chew zero. the lure graveyard... i might start one of the straights..have to get foxies input..

black_sheep
09-10-2008, 08:28 AM
What can I say - it's all true or as Vin would say 'Why are people so unkind'!;D .

How come I never got a drive of the ranger at Mondy Paul?? - scared I'll do a Miller;) . Atleast Benny Barbwire pulls fence posts while in the water:o .

I'm sure there'll be a few stories from next week. One day when I have a few hours spare, I'll go through my fishing diaries and pick out my top ten funny/disasterous moments.

Unfortunately, I actually have to tidy up some things before I finish work today.

Tinaroo by tomorrow night - woohoo.

themissus
09-10-2008, 08:39 AM
I could write a book on this stuff Kim.

Oohh Please do!! We want more!!!
Cheers Kim.

Big_Ren
09-10-2008, 09:15 AM
What can I say - it's all true or as Vin would say 'Why are people so unkind'!;D .

How come I never got a drive of the ranger at Mondy Paul?? - scared I'll do a Miller;) . Atleast Benny Barbwire pulls fence posts while in the water:o .

I am trying to break the boat in, not break the boat apart;D

Roo
09-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Have a good trip Nav and Vin. looking forward to the tall tales of the intrepid adventures on Tinaroo.

Ben, get them to fit a good length of cord to the camera.....enough to get access all round the boat while still being tethered to a central point onboard.....preferably some thing bolted down!!!but not so long that it fouls the prop.....or its goodbye camera!!!!!

Cheers Roo

Whitto
09-10-2008, 11:05 AM
I am trying to break the boat in, not break the boat apart;D Although Paul...What a sight it would be seeing the Chariot jetison itself of the island at the top end of the Basin.....Australia's Funniest Home movies stuff...unfortunatedly at your expense....just a thought I know it will never happen if u have anything to do with it;D

Whitto
09-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Have a good one Vin and Nav...remember travel light...it's less stuff to lose....I will be looking forward to your return report "The life and Times of Vin and Nav"...Keep safe Whitto;)

Big_Ren
09-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Although Paul...What a sight it would be seeing the Chariot jetison itself of the island at the top end of the Basin.....Australia's Funniest Home movies stuff...unfortunatedly at your expense....just a thought I know it will never happen if u have anything to do with it;D

Whitto, don't give Navi any more ideas;)

Cheers
Paul

black_sheep
09-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Here's one last one for ya Kim (for now anyway);) .

One time we were fishing up the back of Gympie trekking 6 Mile Creek chasing Mary River Cod. We decided to go cross country to avoid a dead stretch in the river. I was lagging behind a bit and Vin and Joe were 50yrds ahead of me. I saw them reach a farmers boundary fence and walk another 10mtrs along it to use as timber fence post to climb over it. When I got to the fence, it was only about 1.2mtrs high so I just straddled it. ¾ way through straddling it (beyond the backout stage) I saw a sign attached to the top wire that said ‘This fence is electrically char..……’ and that was as much as I got to read before I zapped my lefty. Immediately, I shifted my weight to the other leg in an attempt to break the current flow but all I managed to do was zap my righty. This ‘juggling’ act went on for a couple of seconds before I literally collapsed on the other side of the fence after loosing consciousness. Needless to say the boys found my attempted vasectomy rather amusing.

No more stories until I get back from Tinaroo – I don’t want to jinx myself further.

In fact Joe is the man responsible for our fishing obsession. Vin and Joe went to Uni so it’s been about 20yrs in the making. Joe will be our guide at Tinaroo. If you think we have some stories, Joe’s on the next level. He has done some crazy things AND lived to talk about them.

Anyway – thanks to all for the ‘blessings’, please remember to pray for us every night.

At least we not flying QANTAS!!!!!!!!

Roo
09-10-2008, 12:47 PM
:LMAO:
you couldn't script it any better could ya.....are your eyes still red from that one?
cheers for the laughs. Roo.

Big_Ren
09-10-2008, 12:48 PM
‘This fence is electrically char..……’ and that was as much as I got to read before I zapped my lefty. Immediately, I shifted my weight to the other leg in an attempt to break the current flow but all I managed to do was zap my righty. Needless to say the boys found my attempted vasectomy rather amusing.

This would now explain a helluva lot. Gawd mate, if you want a simple V operation done......step aboard, I have bolt cutters.;D

themissus
09-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Oh Navi....that's priceless. I'm to shy to ask any further info on the incident?::)
You both need helmet cam!!
I don't know what I'm looking forward to most, the pics and report or tales of misadventure. Have a safe trip, my the fish gods be kind to you.
Cheers Kim.:)

black_sheep
09-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Glad you all appreciated it!! Wasn't that funny at the time and yes Roo - it does explain my bloodshot eyes.

Kim - I can send you the photos if you have a decent zoom on your PC ;D . Hopefully we will get some fishing done between all the mayhem.

Whitto - don't encourage Paul! He really doesn't want me driving the Ranger or on top of my rod abuser, rod tosser, cushion loser titles, I'll get the Ranger Danger title as well:o .

2hrs to knock off so this will probably be my last post until I get back.

Tight lines to all.

BR65
09-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Navi, that is gold, I pissed myself laughing, and at the same time I shed a tear in sympathy, mind you, if it was one of my mates in your shoes, I would have done the same as the boys, its a cruel world out there indeed.
cheers
brian

Whitto
11-10-2008, 06:28 AM
It's not exactly in the Ball Tearer status but very near....more your Roasted Nuts....doesn't matter which way I look at it Im still wiping the tears away:'(

eotbmg
11-10-2008, 09:05 AM
SPoke to the boy this morning, and they have landed a couple of rats, and dropped some bigger fish, no mishaps as yet though!!
Ben

Whitto
11-10-2008, 10:46 AM
SPoke to the boy this morning, and they have landed a couple of rats, and dropped some bigger fish, no mishaps as yet though!!
Ben A slow uneventful start...the Boys may have turned the Bad luck corner....how dull are their reports going to be now....Gee's;D

NAGG
11-10-2008, 11:51 AM
A slow uneventful start...the Boys may have turned the Bad luck corner....how dull are their reports going to be now....Gee's;D

give em time Whitto ...... I've seen some fences around that dam + plenty of water to drop tackle into - Hey is it true that the story of the Titanic was really adapted from a Nav & Vin un- adventure:-/

chris

Whitto
11-10-2008, 02:35 PM
I actually thought of the Boys the other day when the Qantas Jet played up or was it down

Steve B
13-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Here's one last one for ya Kim (for now anyway);) .

One time we were fishing up the back of Gympie trekking 6 Mile Creek chasing Mary River Cod. We decided to go cross country to avoid a dead stretch in the river. I was lagging behind a bit and Vin and Joe were 50yrds ahead of me. I saw them reach a farmers boundary fence and walk another 10mtrs along it to use as timber fence post to climb over it. When I got to the fence, it was only about 1.2mtrs high so I just straddled it. ¾ way through straddling it (beyond the backout stage) I saw a sign attached to the top wire that said ‘This fence is electrically char..……’ and that was as much as I got to read before I zapped my lefty. Immediately, I shifted my weight to the other leg in an attempt to break the current flow but all I managed to do was zap my righty. This ‘juggling’ act went on for a couple of seconds before I literally collapsed on the other side of the fence after loosing consciousness. Needless to say the boys found my attempted vasectomy rather amusing.

No more stories until I get back from Tinaroo – I don’t want to jinx myself further.

In fact Joe is the man responsible for our fishing obsession. Vin and Joe went to Uni so it’s been about 20yrs in the making. Joe will be our guide at Tinaroo. If you think we have some stories, Joe’s on the next level. He has done some crazy things AND lived to talk about them.

Anyway – thanks to all for the ‘blessings’, please remember to pray for us every night.

At least we not flying QANTAS!!!!!!!!

Ha Ha ha , I am picturing it now....and trying not to at the same time!!;D ;D

Gives a new meaning to black balls....oh hang on....na its too easy!!;D

look forward to the reports fellas.

steve

eotbmg
13-10-2008, 08:41 PM
SPoke to the moon bros. Starting to warm up a little and the fish are chewin. Both are off their Krispy's. All rods are in one piece and the boat is still a float
Ben

black_sheep
22-10-2008, 02:51 PM
I grabbed a couple of the new mondy maps today - awesome.

The easiest map to read by far. Has everything marked including lat and long.

DEANO68
22-10-2008, 03:11 PM

Gidday navi, where did you grab the maps from.????can i get them on the sunny coast...????
deano...

rito, just read the first post.. ::)

darylive
22-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeh! How do we get these maps?

I would like to punch in some GPS marks before the next trip rather than spend the weekend pressing buttons.

NAGG
23-10-2008, 06:13 AM
Yeh! How do we get these maps?

I would like to punch in some GPS marks before the next trip rather than spend the weekend pressing buttons.

I saw the prototype at Foxies & it looks great ....... I'm going to pick up one next month:P
Now ..... can they do something similar for Awoonga.

Chris

DEANO68
23-10-2008, 06:31 AM
I saw the prototype at Foxies & it looks great ....... I'm going to pick up one next month:P
Now ..... can they do something similar for Awoonga.

Chris

its like any new toy chris , i want one NOW.>:( ......foxie will prob be closed when we come past, daughter in brizo ,might ge her to post one up....:-*

Whitto
23-10-2008, 06:35 AM
Other than Foxies where else were they going to be sold......At this stage I have not seen them elsewhere:'(

DEANO68
23-10-2008, 06:37 AM
Other than Foxies where else were they going to be sold......At this stage I have not seen them elsewhere:'(

in brizo whitto, check out the first post in this thread, ...
deano..

whiting
23-10-2008, 07:20 AM
The maps are available from Foxies Barra Havoc tackleshop (available online) and the kiosk at the Lake Monduran Holiday Park at the dam.

Price is $11.

Also available at the World Wide Maps and Guides mapshop, Shop 30 Anzac Square Arcade in Brisbane (07 3221 4330).

It's anticipated to be available at the Tackle Warehouse, Camp Hill, Brisbane some time next week.

Whiting

Whitto
23-10-2008, 07:38 AM
in brizo whitto, check out the first post in this thread, ...
deano..Bugger that deano....I avoid the City like the plague.....Ill get one at Foxies.....Thanks Whitto

rayken1938
23-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Link only goes to home page how do you get into site?
Cheers
Ray

Steve B
23-10-2008, 08:51 AM
its like any new toy chris , i want one NOW.>:( ......foxie will prob be closed when we come past, daughter in brizo ,might ge her to post one up....:-*

Deano,

Give foxie a call, he would post you one and pay by phone....I am sure he would for any good Ausfisho !! Ph 41 573600.

cheers steve

darylive
23-10-2008, 08:57 AM

Nav, we all understand why you bought a couple mate. :)

You probably need a new one each trip :D.

I though I was a cluster F.... but you B'Bastards take the cake. ;D

I just ordered one over the net no trouble.

black_sheep
23-10-2008, 09:13 AM
I got mine from the city.

Dean - I got one for paul and Ben too who live up the coast. If you have trouble sourcing one, I can pick one up for ya and send it up with the boys. They live at Buderin and Kawana Is.

They cost me $10.95 (+$10 if you want it laminated).

DEANO68
23-10-2008, 09:29 AM
quote=black_sheep;917112]I got mine from the city.

Dean - I got one for paul and Ben too who live up the coast. If you have trouble sourcing one, I can pick one up for ya and send it up with the boys. They live at Buderin and Kawana Is.

They cost me $10.95 (+$10 if you want it laminated).[/quote]

thanks navi, think i will give foxie a call and get one posted down....
prob easiest, thanks anyhows....:dankk2:

nipsta
23-10-2008, 10:32 AM
quote=black_sheep;917112]I got mine from the city.

They cost me $10.95 (+$10 if you want it laminated).

thanks navi, think i will give foxie a call and get one posted down....
prob easiest, thanks anyhows....:dankk2:[/quote]

yeah might pay to get one befor ethe trip sowe can get it laminated so it dont get wet are not long now

black_sheep
23-10-2008, 11:26 AM
No probs Dean.

Callop
30-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Just picked one up from the tackle Warehouse Old Cleveland Rd Camp Hill

NAGG
30-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Just picked one up from the tackle Warehouse Old Cleveland Rd Camp Hill

Dave ..... What do you think of it ?

Chris

Callop
30-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Dave ..... What do you think of it ?

Chris
Looks great. certainly a big improvement on the one I did using google.
When I first looked at it at Foxies I thought wouldn't it be good to have the timber marked or wouldn't it be good to have this or that but I think they have got the amount of detail right.