PDA

View Full Version : Trailor Tampering At Mooloolaba

Goldfinch
06-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Not sure if anyone else has had this happen to them or not. Went for an afternoon session from Mooloolaba last Thursday and when I was loading the boat back onto the trailer I noticed my winch cable had been reversed. Someone had pulled out the cable, probably realized it was too hard to steal because it's seriously tied on, and then just wound it back on backwards so all the gears were reversed. What the ???

Has anyone else had this happen at Mooloolaba carpark on Parkyn Road?

Cheers
dave

Travesso
06-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Scum bags! >:(

Goldfinch you got away lightly mate, a couple of years ago at Grand Hotel Carpark Southport I had some a$$hole steal my winch handle (that I accidently left in the back tray of my ute).... Logic and a little bit of human decency would tell you that if there is an empty trailer hitched to a car at a boat ramp that at some point the owner would require the winch handle to get his boat back on wouldnt it!? These scum couldnt care less about other people. I can tell you, winding on a 750kg 15ft fibreglass boat is not fun using a pair of multigrips! >:(

antics
06-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Goldfinch,

A mate of mine told me of a time when he came back to the ramp (Nth Brissy) and found that some "scum" had hooked his winch cable to the end of his trailer and started winching, and did not stop. The trailer was effectively folded in half, and left attached to his car.

What a wonderful feeling it must give these people.

Ant.

cormorant
06-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Have come back and noticed the hitch had been tampered with and the %&^*^% hadn't put it back on properly nor made an effortto steal it. Yeah real funny - they had done several trailers in the carpark.- could kill someone just so they could watch some ramp chaos.

WTF is wrong with some people

Hope Darwins law of evolution catches up with them soon.

Corm

Benny01
06-10-2008, 10:23 PM
ive heard of a few rollers been stolen up in mba. never thought bout the winch handle. wonder how hard mine is to get off

the baker
07-10-2008, 12:19 AM
:angryfire: :rifle: :furious2: :behead: :hanged: THEY ARE SCUM

Lovey80
07-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Other than the Pin and hitch on my polyblock hitch they'd need bolt cutters to get at anything. All of my storage boxes(ammo boxes) are bolted down with stainless chain and padlocks. I think i would seriously lose my composure and unleash the fury if i ever saw this happen to someone else so if it was mine i'd definitely see jail time.

Cheers

Chris

bustaonenut
07-10-2008, 04:45 AM
some poor guy had his brake cables cut down the gold coast a couple of weeks ago.

wilcara
07-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Its amazing is it not? Once somebody stole the D shackle off my safety chain... boy that was inconvenient! I had to drive around the city for AGES on a Sunday trying to find a service station that sold something like that, because my boat was only sitting on the trailer via the winch and I had a two hour drive home. I have spare everything now, unless they nick the car....

death_ship
07-10-2008, 06:28 PM
they only stole the D shackle once?

Blueroo
07-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Watch your hitch as well. Ive seen a hitch come undone and spring up to be held thankfully by the safety chain. Someone just unclipped it and the weight of the boat did the rest as it came up onto the trailer. There's some mongrels out there.
Stue

tae4551
07-10-2008, 07:00 PM
we have a reversing camera hooked up to hard drive now that moniters the trailer. we have had the lights cut several times and tyres let down. we thought we were being targeted but after talking to a few people found out we weren't the only one's. when we catch them on camera the mugs shots will be on the web for all to see

Goldfinch
07-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks for all the feedback folks. I usually launch from Scarby and have had no problems there. In fact....someone actually picked up our dropped winch handle and popped it in the back of my ute and it wasn't stolen when I got back in. Amazing !!!

I too carry spares of as much as I can and padlock whatever I can as well. Desperate times for bored and desperate and maybe jealous people.

Dave

death_ship
08-10-2008, 06:08 AM
sunshine coast is full of grubs, the only thefts i have had have been up there, i agree scarby is pretty safe.

yellahunter
08-10-2008, 07:21 AM
good topic guys,
as a new boat owner im paying particular attention