PDA

View Full Version : Cruisecraft Outsider 580

hallcomp01
05-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Ausfishers,

I'm taking interest in a used 1990 Cruisecraft Outsider 580 and im inviting comment to anyone who might know somthing about these models.

I have never owned a cruisecraft but I'm told this model is based on a very renounded "Explorer" hull..

I'm looking to get rid of my Hanies Hunter 565f CC in order to get a cuddy for the family..

Therefore Im wondering about the ride in rough waters (avoiding brusecraft banter) and any other "things" to look out for when looking at these babys ?

Cheers

Chris

Outsider1
05-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Hi Chris,

I have owned mine for 11 years (a 93' model) and have no complaints at all. I have had no issues with the boat in that time. A very well built boat with no particular vices. Ride is quite OK by me, may not be the best for it size (have not directly compared/tested, so don't know!) but certainly not bad and overall a very safe and easy to drive hull.

IMO the cockpit fitout was very good for the era and it is a very good fishing boat in terms of space (2.47m beam and long open cockpit) and features. It has a large kill tank, two transom bait wells, plumbed large ice bins, built in tackle boxes etc, deluxe Reelax seats (swivel 360 degrees), side pockets etc etc.

The walkaround sides are relatively narrow, about 5" max, but workable and the cabin space is amazing for a walkaround. Again high level of fitout, including a porta potty type toilet.

These were the very first Outsider models, followed a couple of years later by the 510 Outsider and a 750 model?.

The hull was the tried and proven Explorer/Hustler 570 hull which has a 22 degree deadrise apparently.

Mine had a 150hp Johnson 2 stroke on it which I replaced at the beginning of this year with a 150hp E-Tec.

In my experience you don't see them for sale very often, which probably says a lot about what their owners think of them.

Here is a link to a boat test on the model;

http://www.marinews.com/details.php?recordid=552

Cheers

Dave

hallcomp01
05-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Dave,

Thanks heaps ! The review looked good, I love walkarounds as a concept, they seem the best mix between cabin and CC.

I suppose a "test" on the water will be the final qualifier.. Will certainly make the trips back from moreton drier for the family and I think the model still looks sexy for its age..

Cheers

Chris

boatboy50
05-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey,

I have seen that boat on EBAY. The price seems right, as long as the boat and engine checks out well.

I believe they are a solid boat with a good hull.

Regards

Darren

fourfingers
06-10-2008, 04:52 AM
Cant say I know an aweful lot about that particular model but did come across this. Maybe worth a look?

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/details.aspx?R=2959644