PDA

View Full Version : how is the best way to get barra to eat stiffy bonie bream lure

fatboyfishing
05-10-2008, 06:54 AM
guys just wonder what is the best way to fish with a stiffy lure ?

tunaticer
05-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Who is gonna be the first to get banned for a week??

2manylures
05-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Seduction works well ;)

TinarooTriumph
05-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Im bookmarking this thread right.... now.

TimiBoy
05-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Depends on the height of the gunwhale?

Cheers,

Tim

wilcara
05-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Mmmm.... Bend forward a little?????

Black_Rat
05-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Don't know ? I don't get that excited when i'm fishing ;D

chewy01
05-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Steve b where r u?

JEWIENEWIE
05-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Carefully i would expect.
Jewie

gunna
05-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Pull it with jerky movements under water.

Dick Pasfield
05-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Been talked about before.

Here's a link, got to wade through the small talk though::) http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=131522&highlight=stiffy

NAGG
05-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Now which one are we talking about ??? Boney Bream , Twitch bait , deep diver :-/

Chris

fatboyfishing
05-10-2008, 09:25 PM
boney bream

BR65
05-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Mine are moded to suspend, I intend to fish them deep into lay down timber, rip em down hard, then let it sit for a bit

eotbmg
05-10-2008, 09:53 PM
First and foremost determine if they are sinkers, suspenders or floaters. I generally try to make mine suspend by changing treble config. , but something slowly the other way is great too. I wind in slack and use a walk the dog style retrieve with some pauses thrown in
Ben

pubgolf
05-10-2008, 10:31 PM
isnt it funny how the mods are quick to ban repondants but not quick to pull the threads off
Grow up Fatboyfishin
Ohh and pardon the pun
:thumbsup:
Rod

Barraboss
05-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Fatboy,

EOTBMG answered this for you. Watch the lure when twitching it close to the boat till you get a "wounded baitfish"" look (well sort of anyway) with side to side movement. The key is, as with any lure, to use the lure in the right location, as there just well may be a lure more suited to the surrounding.

As many know, I am a big fan of the Stiffy Boney Bream and it is a great lure when used correctly and at the right time

Cheers
Matt

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
06-10-2008, 11:23 AM
In simple- You can use short, sharp rod pulses to help induce life and movement. The lure offers very little water resistance so the angler needs to be creative to impart motion in a short distance otherwise the lure travels a long way forwards without much desired action. The lure has no bib, so it creates very little in the way of tight vibration. It has an internal rattle system which can be livened by 'twitching' the lure. Any sideways flutter or body sway will help create an underwater wobble which will make a form of pulse that helps stimulate fish.
Just like most twitch style lures, the angler is most responsible for bringing the lure to life. Mostly used in shallower regions, the lure, like any other lure can be adjusted to give it desired balance and sink or suspend rates for use in various sections of the water column. This is just a simple start.
Johnny

fatboyfishing
06-10-2008, 12:10 PM
isnt it funny how the mods are quick to ban repondants but not quick to pull the threads off
Grow up Fatboyfishin
Ohh and pardon the pun
:thumbsup:
Rod
rod this was a real question that i wanted real info on
it was for fun.

Steve B
06-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Fatboyfishin,

I think we went through a fair bit in the thread Dick added as a link.

I have been using them this year only with some great success. But like many other 'flavours of the month' that come and go, timing is everything. They are a niche lure, like frogs and need to be used under the right conditions.

I have found winter, shallow water, and sunny days are a couple of keys I have found successful, as they are a shallow lure. They entice a reaction out of fish sitting in warmer shallows that are generally not actively feeding. Although they are also smashed by fish actively feeding too....as does any lure. The wounded presentation combined with the awesome reflections created with the designs in the shallow water is the key.

I am never concerned about the sink/suspend/float factors.....I just use it the way it works. I have a sinking one that has caught most of my fish.

My prefered method is a CONSISTANT twitch,wind,twitch method (the wind takes up the line slack)....thats it. Hope that helps.

cheers steve

Colo77
08-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Pull it with jerky movements under water.
the stiffy or the lure/rod tip?? lol. This thread started out going places unintened I'm sure.

Colo