PDA

View Full Version : Throttle very stiff on new motor

troy
04-10-2008, 03:30 PM
I have only recently taken delievery of a new 150 E Teck.
You have to push down very hard to gain power and then it takes off at rate of speed you do not want to be doing.
Then when you want to ease off you have to pull hard and then it goes of the plane.
Hard to explain the situation apart from saying the throttle has some very tight spots.
Before i see the Dealer i wish to know can this problem be fixed as during the test run the Dealer said the throttle was very touchy but still handed it over to me.
Thanks
Troy

Kleyny
04-10-2008, 03:32 PM
there should an adjusting knob on the controler that adjusts the acc/gear shifter.

neil

bay local
04-10-2008, 03:46 PM
The same sort of thing happened to mine, but not as bad. What was wrong with mine was that the cables weren't lined up properly inside the control box. All fixed now and is really easy to push down and pull up.

Outsider1
04-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Definitely not how it should be Troy. Probably twisted or misaligned cabling or similar like bay local has mentioned. If I remember correctly Taroona had the same issue initially with his 150 E-Tec earlier this year.

Cheers

Dave

Taroona
04-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Mine was installed incorrectly and after I brought it to the attention of the dealer they fixed it promptly for me and I have't had a problem since.

So I guess talk tot he people who installed the motor for you.

Les

troy
04-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Mine was installed incorrectly and after I brought it to the attention of the dealer they fixed it promptly for me and I have't had a problem since.

So I guess talk tot he people who installed the motor for you.

Les
Mate what did they do to correct the problem.
Troy

troy
05-10-2008, 07:49 PM
What happens if the Dealer has stated that that all the ones he has sold has the same problem.
It can be a very high risk in rough seas as you have no control of the throttle.
Thanks
Troy

Quaker
05-10-2008, 09:20 PM
What happens if the Dealer has stated that that all the ones he has sold has the same problem.Troy

Then it'd be time to find another dealer.

lampuki
05-10-2008, 09:26 PM
who was the dealer?

troy
06-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Fears confirmed went to my Dealer and told him the problem.
Answer all E Teck's that he has fitted do the same thing and went on about sensors and things i did not have a clue about.
No other E Teck Dealer in town and nearest one is 110 klms away.
Troy

Local_Guy
06-10-2008, 09:12 AM
troy, thats not good enough from the dealer. you paid big bucks for your outfit it should all run smoothly.

i'd be telling them to fix the problem and you'll be back in 3 days to collect your boat.

troy
06-10-2008, 09:18 AM
troy, thats not good enough from the dealer. you paid big bucks for your outfit it should all run smoothly.

i'd be telling them to fix the problem and you'll be back in 3 days to collect your boat.
Local Guy
I am in a no win situation as he said his motor and his son's motor does the same.
Troy

Outsider1
06-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Give BRP a call and ask for customer support and explain your issue.

http://www.brp.com/en-AU/Company/Contact.Us.htm

I have a 2008 150hp E-Tec and I can assure you that is not the way the throttle is supposed to be set up.

Cheers

Dave