PDA

View Full Version : Hervey Bay Fishing Trip

ON-THE-CHEW
04-10-2008, 01:58 PM
It is only one more sleep until I head up to hervey bay to spend two weeks trying to cram in as much fishing as I can. I have been up there heaps of times before but have always been limited to land based as I have never taken my boat. This time I will be able to chase the fish instead of having them just out of casting distance.

Will be bringing most of my gear for plasticing, poppering, trolling, slugs and if I have to even a bit of bait fishing. I planned two weeks so hopefully I get a few days good weather.

Just wondering what is on the bite at the moment, is there any where that has been going particularly well at the moment. I have noticed the warmer water has moved into the bay in the last couple of weeks so hopefully there should be a bit of action for trolling and the speedsters.

Any hints would be muchly appreciated as mentioned I have only fished up there land based but have a large fuel tank so will try anywhere.

Andrew

bluefin59
04-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Andrew how are you , i go to hervey bay twice a year and there is always some hot action up their i find the fish'n'tales web site to have the latest local info for the area . I always check this site before going and i usually go down to the tackle shop down at the pier to get some info on what is working at the moment ,they have been on the money everytime i have been in the store , a big guy with a beard i think his name is chris is always helpful and will give you a map with the green zones on it . Have a good trip i always enjoy my holiday to the bay ...matt

BARRAkid
04-10-2008, 03:35 PM
check your pm ;D

chewy01
04-10-2008, 03:48 PM
just posted a report about the straights mate