PDA

View Full Version : fishing tuesday?

FNQCairns
04-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Anyone up for a ramp to ramp 6-7am to 2pm fishing trip out from Cairns on Tuesday, it's long range ATM but seabreeze say it 'might' be possible.

If interested PM and I will fill in the gaps.

cheers fnq

ronnien
04-10-2008, 01:25 PM
pm sent mate.

ron.

Wahoo
04-10-2008, 04:34 PM
looking good for Tuesday Scott, where would you be heading?

Daz

FNQCairns
04-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Daz not real far just somewhere on the inside of the reef, I need to get back a little early so less travel more time fishing - if the wind plays our game, just getting out will be a treat.

cheers fnq

Wahoo
04-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Daz not real far just somewhere on the inside of the reef, I need to get back a little early so less travel more time fishing - if the wind plays our game, just getting out will be a treat.

cheers fnq
looks to be a repeat of last Tuesday's outing, if it is i might head out to J/L

Daz

disorderly
04-10-2008, 08:04 PM
It is looking promising....hmmm...might have to disappoint some customers and get out there as well.

FNQCairns
04-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Well I hope we all make it out, Daz J/L should be great, too far for me in the time I have though, interested to hear how you get on.

cheers Scott

FNQCairns
04-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Lots more red (on mine) in the 9pm update:):):):)

cheers fnq

levinge
05-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Hey FNQ, Scott_nthqld and I got out yesterday, shitty tides, wind and swell were nowhere near what was predicted but there was at least one good moment in the day. Scotts report will tell you the full story.

Good fight and had some fun (even with little to no run)

FNQCairns
05-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Levi that's a stonker! Bet you thought you had hooked the reef for a little while:) Will chase up Scotts story.

cheers fnq

levinge
05-10-2008, 08:34 PM
I was hoping it was a lazy Spaniard, but alas not. Still a good fight and the bugger pulled hard, best Trev fight I have had yet.

Good Luck on Tuesday, wish I could be there, but I unfortunately have to work and as usual when the weather turns good, you know where I am forced to be "workin". You'd thing as a shifty that the odds would be on my side 4 days on 4 days off, but seems that the man up stairs has my schedule and the weather patterns down pat!!!!

Wahoo
06-10-2008, 07:54 PM
you heading out tomorrow Scott? my plan changed from Tuesday to Wednesday now, let us know how you went

Daz

FNQCairns
06-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Yeah still heading out Daz, bit dodgee on the wind ATM hope it grades down soon.

Will let you know how we go.

cheers fnq

disorderly
06-10-2008, 08:59 PM
This is the near-current wind readings out near where I want to go....

Hovering around the 4-5 knot mark....should be sweet.:)

http://data.aims.gov.au/awsqaqc/do/station.do?stationId=7

pubgolf
08-10-2008, 05:15 AM
Did anyone get out yesterday?
How did you guys go?
:thumbsup:
Rod

FNQCairns
08-10-2008, 08:14 AM
Rod we got out yesterday, think Daz is floating around as I speak.

Had a good day the wind was kind, got some largemouth and multiple trevally, my back and arms still know about it, was hoping for an incidental spanish but no luck.

cheers Scott

pubgolf
08-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Scott,
Nice Work. We headed out today. We being myself and my old man, up from melbourne on holidays.
It was hard work getting across the paddock but once out there it was a good day.
The old man dropped his first bait down and boats a Red Emporer a tad small at about 30 cm. Second bait down he gets busted off by Moby Dick. so being the good son i give him my rod and 20 seconds later hes onto something else. I forgot about him and his fight with this fish. Then i get asked "what do you call these?" I looked over and hes got a 55 cm trout on its side beside the boat. He also boated a few Spangled emporer, grassy sweetlip and the ussual small reef suspects.
He did well for a bloke going on 70 with 2 dicky knees (except for the whinging at every wave we hit on the way out and the way back.
The BAD news is there was no spaniards. NOT 1. we got a mack tuna but that fought like fat albert.
I cant wait to get out there again
Cheers
:thumbsup:
Rod

Scott nthQld
08-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Sounds like you and Ronnie had a good trip Scott. Ronnie gave me a ring that arvo and gave me a few of the details, says he'll go up a report when he gets to a computer with the net.

FNQCairns
08-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Scott, I think Ron is psychic, he mentioned more than once if we had a chance of boating a nanny and I played it down as a bit of a long shot although anything can be at this spot, never know for sure till the end of the day, then just as I was paying no attention thinking he had just another bludger, up come this lovely red colour!

Good trip chock full of exercise to end a near 2 month drought.

cheers fnq