PDA

View Full Version : outboard stand ideas...?

yellahunter
02-10-2008, 09:11 PM
hey guys,

i need to get hold of an outboard stand for my 25hp yamaha,
as i need to take it off when fishing the electric dams (hinze, clarry hall etc)

where do i get one big enough.....and what sort of $$ should i be looking at

or is there alternatives to buying...?

any help appreciated

Ben

Chimo
02-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Hi Ben

Have you thought about getting a bag trolley and hanging it on that?

Some of them now allow you to relocate the handle so you end up with a 4 wheel set up that is even more stable although even used upright they are not too bad.

Cheers
Chimo

CreelReaper
02-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Mate, if you are handy with your hands then I suggest you build it yourself. Wouldn't take long to make one up out of say 3" x "2" timber frame or even better some steel. Use old mower wheels etc on the frame for manouvering around. Actually come to think of it my uncle used an old porters trolley that he adapted some years ago.

Shane

rc@hinze
02-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Most of the chain boating/fishing/camping stores sell a stand that is rated up 25hp but it is quite flimsy. Also check out Supercheap Auto as they have a big range of trolleys that can be converted and small portable engine hoist that can be used for this purpose.

You can also bolt a horizontal piece and timber or steel onto your garage/carport wall and lift it onto that where it can hang happily until next time.

I have the same issue and problem with my 114kg 50hp.

sharkymark2
02-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Should be plenty of shopping trolleys lying around. They would make a great engine trolley. Plenty over my way around Runcorn.......::);D:D

Hornet Rider
03-10-2008, 01:16 AM
hey guys,

i need to get hold of an outboard stand for my 25hp yamaha,
as i need to take it off when fishing the electric dams (hinze, clarry hall etc)

where do i get one big enough.....and what sort of $$ should i be looking at

or is there alternatives to buying...?

any help appreciated

Ben

Ben, I've got a brand new spare one like the one in the pic below. Steel, wheels, pulls down when not in use, will take up to 150kg. PM me if you're interested.

cheers HR

PS Ben, regardless of what you choose to do, ignore the shopping trolley suggestions. No disrespect to those who suggested it, but a shopping trolley isn't designed to hold an outboard.