PDA

View Full Version : Marine Spotlights

Tazmaniac
02-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Can anyone give me the name of a manufacturer or supplier of marine grade spotlights ? I'm after something like the driving lights on your car but of marine quality to fix to the hardtop. So far have only been able to track down the small docking light type or the swivel type, neither of what I'm really after. Any info greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Taz.

scrubba01
02-10-2008, 07:56 PM
I have a big flood light I think it is a Narva. All plastic shell and sealed beam. Any thing with a sealed beam should be ok I would think.

chewy01
02-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Mate lightforce do a marine pair, they loook the goods but im feeling sick at paying 400 for a pair

John Buoy
02-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Have a look at the Jabsco range they are reliable.
Most of the good ones are in the states.

Regards Frank

cormorant
02-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Hella marine , doing LED ones as well but sit down befoe getting the prices but they are very good quality optics and wiring doesn't die like in others we have used.

rc@hinze
02-10-2008, 11:14 PM
http://www.optronicsinc.com/spotlights3.htm

Just bought one of their hand held lights and its great. Available thru most boating stores.

Mad-One
03-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Repco sell the Narva ones. If ya on the Gold Coast call into Repco Burleigh and ask for Phil I'll look after ya on price

Cheers Mad

Ps are you ex Taswegian?

wilcara
03-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Are they stainless brackets etc?

BrenMac
03-10-2008, 03:11 PM
G'day Taz,

I went the the Lightforce spotties on my new boat.

I already had them on the fourby, so I knew what I would be getting and most of the other "marine" lights on the market are really only docking lights with nowhere near the same beam penetration.

Cheers
Brendan

fish-n-dive
03-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Check out BIAS & Whitworths catalogues.......... you might save some money??

Tazmaniac
04-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Thanks for all the replies fellas, much appreciated. And yes Mad-One, I am ex Taswegian, although I left there in 1967. Have lived in Vic. and N.S.W. and been in Perth now for close on 22 years.
Taz

White Pointer
06-10-2008, 08:19 PM
G'day,

Go to the Hella Australia website and search for Hella Mega Beam Work Lamp. The Part Number is 1539LED. It has an aluminium die-cast housing and a S/S bracket. It's also pretty compact. Because it is fully sealed dust and water are not an issue. It will operate from 12-24 volts and only consumes 7W. That's a lot of battery hours. The light output and spread is good with 1 lux at 58 meters.

White Pointer

cormorant
06-10-2008, 11:05 PM
G'day,

Go to the Hella Australia website and search for Hella Mega Beam Work Lamp. The Part Number is 1539LED. It has an aluminium die-cast housing and a S/S bracket. It's also pretty compact. Because it is fully sealed dust and water are not an issue. It will operate from 12-24 volts and only consumes 7W. That's a lot of battery hours. The light output and spread is good with 1 lux at 58 meters.

White Pointer

Yeah - great lights but hell what a price they charge. What are they woth??

Angla
06-10-2008, 11:20 PM
I have one of the Jabsco 12 volt searchlights under the bowsprit. Been there for about 4 1/2 years now and can't fault it. It cops some punishment where it is too. The anchor just misses it but when retrieving the anchor using the retieval ball it can take a twist. It has also hit the winch post once when the trailer was on too much angle while retrieving. Also knocked it into the pontoon once. Have pulled the switch apart once for repairs.

http://www.rivermarinesupply.com/xcart/catalog/category_66_Spot_Lights_page_1.html

Chris

White Pointer
11-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Yeah - great lights but hell what a price they charge. What are they woth??

I'm getting a boat built and the manufacturer has included it at just under $380 fitted under the hard top.

White Pointer