PDA

View Full Version : Soft Plastics

Gordie
02-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Never stop trying.

I have a stack of Lures that I thought were only good for Barra.

I caught another big lizard on one last night, around 700mm.

Released of course. Abused by my mates.

Gordon

mylestom
02-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Gordon,
Don't the Big lizards love plastics, it great to see the big girls swim away.

Took a lot of convincing down here, to make all flathead over 700mm catch and release for the local competition. Now five years down the track and it just the accepted thing.

Fishing for our grandchildren future.

Will they be able to catch n release fish for themselves and their children is my concern.

That also why I love impoundment barra fishing. A resource that is stocked, caught and released. Yes I know that you can keep, but always reckon that the 97cm trip fish that you catch this trip, will give someone a nice metery in the future.

Love my plastics, best flathead down here in comp for last four years all big girls caught on plastic, best mate two years(only time he uses plastic) and myself in about 600 competitiors.

Welcome to plastic fantastic

Trev

Never stop trying.

I have a stack of Lures that I thought were only good for Barra.

I caught another big lizard on one last night, around 700mm.

Released of course. Abused by my mates.

Gordon

Gordie
03-10-2008, 09:01 AM
A good attitude there, great to hear.

My grandchildren are three little girls and I can't let them near hooks yet but it will come.

There is a lot to teach people regarding the hooking and handling to minmise the damage to the fish. Some of my mates are the worst but I am working on it.

Gordon

LeeannP
03-10-2008, 10:02 AM
We've been braining the big girls down the Pin area and picking up some lovely jew on plastics. We've shown some of our friends how to use them and being self confessed gumbies when it comes to fishing even they're finally catching some great fish.
Mostly we've been using the Gulp Jerk Shads in the 7" size in the deeper water. Big and little flathead will take them.
It's great to see that you're exploring other avenues Gordon. We're all forever learning when it comes to fishing! ;)

Gordie
03-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Nice to see you have chilled out LP.

Reagrds Gordon