PDA

View Full Version : where to buy Berkley Hollow Bellys

fish_head
02-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Heading up to Awoonga on the 18th Oct . I live in Ballina and want to buy some 6inch Berkley Hollowbellys ,after reading reports of how great they are. Cant find them anywhere Tried MO Tackle but they sold out soon as they got them.Can anyone tell me where i can buy some. Are there tackle shops near Awoonga that have them in stock? Am desperate to get my hands on some

Bud-dy
02-10-2008, 11:36 AM
I believe that a shipment come in and has pretty much all been sold out.
BUT a new shipment is due in ( in 10 days ) that will be sent out to stores ??
Paul

tunaticer
02-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Saw some in TackleWorld Sandgate and in the tackle shop at the caltex Carseldine today.

Jack.

MattChew
02-10-2008, 03:16 PM
I think Tackle Warehouse have some still and should be able to post them to you.

Thanks
Matt

SeekingBarradise
02-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi Fishhead Matt is right the Hollowbellies are stocked at The Tackle Wharehouse in Cooparoo in Brisbane.

Their number is 07 3398 6500. If you want to talk barra while you are in there make sure you ask for Adam as he is close to clocking up 40 x 1000km round trips to Barra lakes based from Brisbane. A fine effort. I think one of the young fellas (Kris) just got back from Monduran as well.

Last time i was in there i saw a couple of different sizes (Hollowbellies) with around 3 colours of each on the shelf.

Trev (Awoonga) and Matt Fraser put a thread up about a month ago on how to rig them. I think it was in the freshwater section.

Good luck on your trip mate.
Cheers Lyndon.

Barraboy7
02-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Yes I got some from the tackle store near Caltex Carseldine and rigged them how the guys showed very well on the post mentioned earlier. You have to get some Nitro Jig heads for them. They are very soft tho and you will need to take super glue to effect repairs. I ground down the jig heads as shown also.
They swam nice but we only got one fish on them, as well a quite a few hits
Barraboy7