PDA

View Full Version : Billfish Tinnie

the baker
02-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Hey all

I have been setting up the boat for the new season, not long put a new moter on & I have now got the outriggers on too. It is all starting to come together I can not wait to get out there so I thought I would show you guys what she Looks like.

Cheers Dave.

the baker
02-10-2008, 10:49 AM
And here is one more& the outriggers are home made out of 2 surf rods.

Jeremy
02-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Hope you get a few. Won't that bimini get in your way?

Jeremy

preso
02-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Mate, that looks great. Hope you get a few. Just laugh at the others out there when you fill her up;D .

3rd degree
02-10-2008, 02:03 PM
I've done a bit of trolling for Billy's in my 460 Dory.... although didn't put riggers on it.

You get some strange looks when outwide thats for sure!

Cheers

Jim

the baker
02-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Hey 3rd Degree, Preso

Your right about the strange looks but i wont be the only one out there. A mate of mine has a setup in 4.4m he has done very well with it too when you get out with bigger boats you see the odd camera flash;D But i must say being out in the smaller boats it is a hole new game gets the blood pumpin just thinking about it no its bloody AWSOME:D

Jeremy I will see how it go's with the bimini but it dose fold forward time will tell.

Thanks Dave.

sleepygreg
02-10-2008, 11:14 PM
ahhhh - if only I was 25 and bulletproof again!!!

Greg

jeffo
03-10-2008, 05:59 AM
good to see another small boat chasing billfish. They shouldnt be to far away now, hopefully i have my new boat going in time (445 haines), if not ill have to chase them in my 12 footer.

Are you a member of a game fishing club? Its a great way to keep keep in the loop with whats going on, and also good to know a few of the bigger boat owners for it it turns rough out there and you need a piggy back home in their wake.

We (Sunshine Coast Game Fishing club) have our next club meeting next tuesday night (first tuesday of each month) at the kawana waters hotel public bar at about 7.30pm. Come along and make yourselves known. There is quite a few members who are game fishing from small boat now days.

nigelr
03-10-2008, 06:45 AM
From vague memory, Peter Pakula had, at one stage, some pics on his excellent site of a smallish tinny he used to billfish out of, with great success.
Cheers and enjoy, hope you get amongst them. I reckon you'de need a bit of shade out there............

thelump
03-10-2008, 07:00 AM
Never say it cant be done. 445 Allycraft.

Jeremy
03-10-2008, 07:22 AM
here is mine...taken on a livie off Caloundra

thelump
03-10-2008, 07:45 AM
This is the second one. A fair bit bigger than the first. Both caught at South West Rocks in the tinny and both on 15lb mono (I was fishing for spotty macs) You cant beat an open tinny for fighting a big fish.;D

NormC
03-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Looks great Dave. Your trailer looks pretty solid too. Looks like it would handle a trip up North to the Gulf, Cape, NT etc if you are after some variety and have the time.

The flexibility of a boat like yours is something many don't appreciate. Billfish out wide one day. MJs around the snags in the creeks the next. And the ability to load it with camping gear and head North when you have the time and inclination. What a life.

Hope you enjoy it.

Norm C

dog tooth
03-10-2008, 08:22 PM
i hope is it fitted out with a decent live well?

you could eaven put out a decent spread on the barra dams with thoughs outriggers =)

good luck

the baker
04-10-2008, 12:21 AM
thanks Guys

I think as much time on the water as i can and it will come together
I hope I can get some photos of the boat in action too & post them up

Dave.

the baker
04-10-2008, 12:26 AM
Awsome photos there to guys it would be good to see a few more pics of Billys taken in the small boats so post them up.