PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good camping spot???

Timmmy
02-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Hey all, im wondering if anyone can give me some ideas on good camp sites in the Brisbane area. Prefferably northside. Wanting to leave the boat at home so I would love to find a spot where i could fish close to camp. Also got a two year old so he has got somewhere to swim and muck around. Any ideas appreciated.

PADDLES
02-10-2008, 09:47 AM
try beachmere caravan park timmy. playground next door for the kiddo. safe sandflat style beach over the road for a swim/play in sand with kid/fish. and a short walk down the beach gets you to the river mouth for a different spot to wet a line. bowls club next door for cheap meals and beers. keep your eyes down when you have a walk at low tide and you'll know what you're fishing for ;)

Timmmy
02-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Will have a look at that. Sounds good. Thanks for reply Paddles.

sleepygreg
02-10-2008, 11:28 PM
you could also try the scarborough caravan park. right on the water...safe place for kids to swim the spit is a good place to fish....saw a woman catch a 45cm bream there today....it was a monster.....boat club and scarbie pub are within walking distance..and there is a takeaway (bay boats) 25m up the road. newly refurbished sites and new cabins as well as powered tent sites. (and Morgans seafood is only 50m down the road)

Greg

Kleyny
04-10-2008, 09:58 AM
bribie caravan park at bongaree all the way.
you've got spots like bucklies hole. See mullet musketers reports on the fishing at bribie land based.
Heaps of great snady beaches for the kids. You can even go fro a quick drive to the "surf" for a look at 1 foot surf.

neil

Fishbait
04-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Yep I agree - don't want to be biased here either but try beautiful bribie mate. The passage is quite safe for young children to swim also whilst your thowing a line in. Cheers, Darren.

Louis
17-10-2008, 11:10 AM
There is Wivenhoe dam and Somerset dams.

Captain Logan campground at Wivenhoe is close to home and firewood is provided. Also you can catch fish (usually catfish) in the dam. There is also plenty of wildlife around the camp ground such as kangaroos and and sometimes koalas to study. In all a pleasant place to spend a weekend.

Louis

shrunken pojie
17-10-2008, 09:43 PM
G'day,

Don't know how far you meant by "Brisbane area" but there are a stack of camp grounds and van parks on the beach's and rivers of the Sunny Coast. If you don't want to venture quite that far, there is Coochin Creek just off the highway south of the Caloundra turnoff.

If you don't mind going a little further afield, there is the campsite at the bottom of Borumba Dam or Island Reach camp ground at Imbul.