PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fishing Awoonga next week?

mikooh
01-10-2008, 06:57 PM
It must be getting warmer... every second post here atm is about BARRA!!!:o :o

I am heading up to Awoonga on Saturday for a week of IBD relief...I would like to say hello to a few Ausfishers if anyone is poking about up there. I will be fishing with my girlfriend (her first barra trip- she's over spending half the summer without me...) in a blue hornet with an Etec on the back, and we are staying at the gateway cabins. So come over and say hello if you see us.
The weather forecast..........looks useable..does anyone know what effect the winds have caused ove the last few days? have water temps dropped significantly? any current info would be greatly appreciated8-) 8-)

Thanks,

Mick

Big_Ren
01-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Gidday Mick

Sorry mate, but you'll miss us by two weeks. We're on the houseboat from the 20th-26th and then Willowgrove until the 31st.

Cheers
Paul

Awoonga
01-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Mick...lets see fishing next week....at some stage...Weather...Strange weather Sunday water temps 26... Monday they had dropped Tuesday Strong winds Lots of wet people back at the ramp...Today the same cloudy it even rained a bit....As far as the effect of the wind...Bom says the wind may ease....And a tip for all Awoonga users this weekend ..Make sure your boat is in order.. And you have your lights on when you return after dark.. And if you intend to drink make sure you are under the limit.....You have been warned

mikooh
01-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Mick...lets see fishing next week....at some stage...Weather...Strange weather Sunday water temps 26... Monday they had dropped Tuesday Strong winds Lots of wet people back at the ramp...Today the same cloudy it even rained a bit....As far as the effect of the wind...Bom says the wind may ease....And a tip for all Awoonga users this weekend ..Make sure your boat is in order.. And you have your lights on when you return after dark.. And if you intend to drink make sure you are under the limit.....You have been warned
Looks like we may need the spray jackets:-[..... Hornet + 30k soueasterly = FREE SHOWER:-/ :-/ :o

Thanks Trev

Mick

catch_n_cod
01-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Mick,
Will be there on the 11th and 12th staying at Awoonga Gateway( maroon clarke centre cons, silver prado). May see you there.

Trev,
Thanks for the tip, will check all is in order.

Cheers,
Todd.

Awoonga
01-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Gidday Mick

Sorry mate, but you'll miss us by two weeks. We're on the houseboat from the 20th-26th and then Willowgrove until the 31st.

Cheers
Paul
Paul Good one mate... looks like there is no need for me to go home that week

Whitto
02-10-2008, 07:07 AM
Gee's Trev your never going to have a problem getting a decky...Whitto;D

Big_Ren
02-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Paul Good one mate... looks like there is no need for me to go home that week

You are never home anyway Trev;D I am sure you carry a swag and cooking gear in that Mossie of yours.

Mossie1
03-10-2008, 08:28 AM
4 sleeps to go we are staying in a cabin at the Awoonga C/P, Ausfish stickers on the back of the boat please come and say G'day

Mossie

vet
03-10-2008, 08:45 PM
10-15 knots of north easters forecast, I'll be there. Little green tupperware with honda 40, Is a bit hard to see in the dark though. Good luck, scott.

Big_Ren
03-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Has Trev black-listed you from the Skeet Scotty? That'll teach ya for getting first fish for the boat;D;D

Cheers
Paul

mikooh
03-10-2008, 10:00 PM
8-) Ok Guys. I'm all packed n ready to go....will be hard to sleep tonight!!!
I will keep an eye out for anyone wanting to have a chat. Fingers crossed for a good report in a week or so;) ;)

Mick

NAGG
04-10-2008, 07:29 AM
8-) Ok Guys. I'm all packed n ready to go....will be hard to sleep tonight!!!
I will keep an eye out for anyone wanting to have a chat. Fingers crossed for a good report in a week or so;) ;)

Mick

Have a safe trip Mick ...... Catch heaps

Chris

CQHORNET
04-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Trevor,

I love that sixth sense that you have, good to see the Fisheries and water police at the Ramp last night.

DNO

Awoonga
04-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Deano... yes we had a good chat to them last night....Many more vists planned during the Summer....As far as Sixth sense goes...l think it needs new batteries... Donuts the last two days..Went out this morning... At least l got a bite...Next weeks weather patterns could change things....Stable is what need....

phatty
05-10-2008, 10:38 PM
winds spining round abit, not gettin real blowy until thursday.
might get a surf this weekend.

this afternoon wasnt to bad. water felt alittle chilli at first but some of them were still hungry.
might see me out there tomorrow on dusk.. maybe wednesday too.

matt.