PDA

View Full Version : Navionics Gold Electronic Charts

Travesso
01-10-2008, 07:08 AM
Hey guys,

Looking at getting a Navionics Gold small chart to cover preferably from the Sunny Coast down to Yamba way. I was looking at the Rosslyn Bay to Moreton Bay including Fraser Is. CODE: 8G145S. Can somebody who has this chart confirm how far south it actually goes? It is difficult to tell from the Navionics website and it definitely seems to extend at least down to straddie... Most of my fishing is out of the Tweed but I dont want to write off moreton bay either by getting the Gold Coast to Crowdy Head card! I emailed Navionics but no reply as yet... Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Travis

Travesso
01-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Whoops! Sorry, shoulda posted in the electronics forum! :-[

fisho ricko
01-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Hey travis,

I've got one of the local navionics gold cards Rosslyn Bay to Brissie, and it covers down to the Tweed.... detail cuts off half basically at the tweed river mouth, especially to cover yamba.... so if your looking for a chart to cover down that way and up to moreton bay i would be more inclined to go the australia wide chart, as there is only bout $90 difference (between the price of a single smaller chart and the australia wide chart). And detail for the whole of australia, covers in the same detail as what the two smaller charts would... wish i went the australia wide chart at the time.

cheerio

fisho

Roo
01-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Hey travis,

I've got one of the local navionics gold cards Rosslyn Bay to Brissie, and it covers down to the Tweed.... detail cuts off half basically at the tweed river mouth, especially to cover yamba.... so if your looking for a chart to cover down that way and up to moreton bay i would be more inclined to go the australia wide chart, as there is only bout $90 difference (between the price of a single smaller chart and the australia wide chart). And detail for the whole of australia, covers in the same detail as what the two smaller charts would... wish i went the australia wide chart at the time.

cheerio

fisho

What Fisho said is spot on, get the big chart and solve you problems...I fish out of tweed when fishing the inshore reefs around 9mile and while all my marks are within the limits of the chart....it cuts off half way between Fingal and Kingscliff to the south....I think it is 4 or 5 NM of detail around the major inlets is on the built in map of my Hummingbird, so this is what i effectively am looking at when fishing tweed inshore reefs.
Cheers Roo

Travesso
01-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks heaps lads! I guess I'll have to put the map on hold for another few weeks and get the Australia wide one then... Better safe than sorry... and besides, $355 compared to 2 x $270 sounds like better value to me! ;D Marinedirect.com.au seem to be the cheapest around hey. Has anybody seen the Gold Australia wide ones for cheaper than $355 ($365 delivered)?

Local_Guy
01-10-2008, 02:34 PM
i think the standard price is $389.

i also bought the Australia Wide chart too. I depart from Rosslyn Bay harbour and the maps cut off between north and great keppel island... not good for me.

you could always befriend a staff member at BCF and use their 25% off discount.

wilcara
01-10-2008, 03:02 PM
$222US plus delivery at Fishon so $355AU isn't too bad.

Spaniard_King
10-12-2008, 07:47 AM
Travesco,.. did you end up gettin a chart??

Travesso
10-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Hey Garry,

I did end up getting one yeah. The Australia wide XL9 card. I got it from BCF cuz I discovered my secretary's brother works there and a 25% discount is soooo sweet! ;D

The detail on the card is awesome up around the broadwater and stuff but there isnt too much around the tweed I've found. Does indicate where the reefs are out as far as nine mile but any Tweed fisho that cant find 9mile without a plotter really should reconsider whether they should be out there! :P

I've been putting some serious hours into getting the new boat all tricked out so I haven't gone out in a few weeks but I might have a peek outside this weekend...

Cheers,

Trav

Spaniard_King
10-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Hey Garry,

The detail on the card is awesome up around the broadwater and stuff but there isnt too much around the tweed I've found. Does indicate where the reefs are out as far as nine mile but any Tweed fisho that cant find 9mile without a plotter really should reconsider whether they should be out there! :P

Cheers,

Trav

Won't make too much diference if this proposal gets thru.. see PDF (red part to be made a marine park approximately 10klm to Sea)

ifishcq1
10-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Travis

you don't need a gps just head out anywhere and wait
once the fish know the longboat is out they should come to you
at least that was my experience except for 1 time when I took a dark haired blonde and a stir-chef

I finally got the bottom flowcoated on the big fella last weekend (5 straight weekends of rain has shi..ed me to death)
so it is looking good for Christmas

Cheers
Scotty

Travesso
11-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Won't make too much diference if this proposal gets thru.. see PDF (red part to be made a marine park approximately 10klm to Sea)

Jesus Geoff!? Where did you get that one from?? Tell you what if that one gets up the mud hole / gravel patch / 36's and Kingy Reef are going to get a whole lot busier! :o

Fingers crossed it doesnt!

Travesso
11-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Travis

you don't need a gps just head out anywhere and wait
once the fish know the longboat is out they should come to you
at least that was my experience except for 1 time when I took a dark haired blonde and a stir-chef

I finally got the bottom flowcoated on the big fella last weekend (5 straight weekends of rain has shi..ed me to death)
so it is looking good for Christmas

Cheers
Scotty

Hahaha nice one Scotty!

Well I haven't had too many outings on the longy yet as I've been getting it all tricked up... but I have a new update for you mate. I installed a Teleflex fuel sender in the tank and now the Yammy Fuel Gauge works perfectly! No need to crawl under the dash any more :D She's in the shop today for the 100hr service... hopefully they dont sting me too hard, it's been running like a dream ever since I finished the 2 battery setup!

I have also moved the tank right forward, to the very front of the consoles. then I'm gonna close in the remaning space between the consoles to make a storage box... Photos will follow on the email as usual :)

Good work on the big boy! You have definitely got two people on the goldy hoping you get it all sorted before christmas, trust me!! ;D Keep up the good work! I'm still considering what I'll do with the outside of mine... focusing on the inside first :)

Take care mate!
Trav