PDA

View Full Version : Townsville Fisho's - NQ Fisho's Lets Take on Mission or Kurrimine Beach

Pages : [1] 2

levinge
30-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Well I've had 24 hours to mull it over in my head and I think that we Fishos from Townsville to Cairns should have a big get together and fish on the Reefs off Kurrimine and Mission Beach.

So far I am thinking of making the home base for the M&G at either Kurrimine or Mission Beach.

Would like to hear from all interested in putting this together, in relation to the following:

Base Location: Kurrimine or Mission

Dates: thinking of January, February or March 2009 (takes that long
to organise)

Accommodation: King Reef Resort or Mission Beach (Big Caravan/Cabin Park
on the Beach)

Amenities: Kurrimine has minimal amenities, 1 shop/fuel station, pubs etc
Mission Beach: has Pubs, cafes, supermarket, lots of other stuff

Ramp Access: Kurrimine (beach only) or drive to Mourilyan Harbour Single Lane,
lots of parking. 30 mins north of Kurrimine
Mission Beach - Dual Lane all Tides Ramp, good amount of
parking spots. 5 mins from Camp

Fishing - I'll leave that up to you

Numbers of People Interested: ???

I am leaning toward Mission Beach as the location, as it has a bit more to offer than Kurrimine Beach, however, I will follow the Majority Vote.

Now its up to you guys and girls. Lets here you options/opinions???

Just a footnote added Jan 2009

added to the thread by Disorderly:

I just emailed Alistair Pike of Dunk Island Sportsfishing Charters...he is a local guy who runs a 7-8 metre plate boat around the islands and out to the reef...

He also has a bait and tackle shop at Nth Mission between the Hideaway and the clump point ramp directly across from the beach on the main drag about a km or so north of the shops....

He is willing to give all Ausfish members a 10% discount on bait and tackle...

He is also a good bloke and I've found him to be the most helpful guy when its comes to general fishing info locally...

There will be someone there all weekend as they live onsite....

So stop by and mention that you are an ausfish member to get the discount and you may even get some advise as to where the fish are to be found...

Unquote

Scott nthQld
30-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Sounds like a good idea Brett. I'm sort of leaning towards March....still got a few items the boat needs, and it will be a bit (Ok maybe not much, but I'll take what I can get) cooler. Also depends on the weather, as you know my boat is not as capable as yours, but a good day will see me out with the best of them.

Hopefully I can get my ass into gear and get all the essentials. If the weather predictions are good, I'll take my boat up and will have a spare seat, if not then if I still end up going, I'll be the first to volunteer my services as a deckie........Thats if everything goes ahead.....

If I'm deckie-ing, it'd be safe to say we could expect some fish like this one I caught last night as a deckie for Ronnie

levinge
30-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Ron stopped by this morning and mention he gave up the only squid you guys managed to find, pity a GT and not a thumper Finger instead, apparently you need some time at the gym to boost your stamina LOL, just jokes, good fish, bet the arms and back are still stiff!!!

March would probably suit me also, we can hope for glass weather and then everyone will have some fun, if not, take alot of panadol!!!!

Scott nthQld
30-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Yeah, Brett, tell me about it. I was absolutely rooted after that, probably would've done better if I had've breathed through the whole thing though, they're were plenty of times I was holding my breath for extended periods! I always thought I was reasonably fit, but after that, I'm seriously considering doing some of that dreaded excersise stuff.

fish-n-dive
30-09-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm in and as usual am easy on the location & date. ;);D8-)

ronnien
30-09-2008, 05:23 PM
i will need a bigger boat::) other wise can only hope for better weather.

ron.

ferrett
30-09-2008, 06:26 PM
I would be keen to go also, March sounds good to i think close to easter and water cools down a little. Hopefully i wont have my current boat then though i need to sell it as a deposit for my big toy next year....... But yes like i said i am keen but might need to bum a spare seat.

Wahoo
30-09-2008, 07:19 PM
i be in this, thou around Easter time can get a bit windy, and just as long as Scott ( Disorderly ) can be in my team as we will kick you ar$$, sounds like a great M/G Levinge, either place is good for me

Daz

disorderly
30-09-2008, 08:58 PM
i will need a bigger boat::) other wise can only hope for better weather.

ron.

I'm sure myself or someone else will have a deckie spot for you,Ron...

MB offers the advantage of a close all weather/tide ramp and a fishable/crabbable estuary (hull river - launch from Sth Mission)..... if the usual crap weather turns up....

But then again Cardwell offers fishable area's in almost all weather...and also accessible with smaller craft...although a bit further to the main reefs...something to think about,anyway...

Anywhere hereabouts sounds good though...

Scott

disorderly
30-09-2008, 09:00 PM
i be in this, thou around Easter time can get a bit windy, and just as long as Scott ( Disorderly ) can be in my team as we will kick you ar$$, sounds like a great M/G Levinge, either place is good for me

Daz

Yeah Daz...looking forward to taking on the Townsville Tiddlers Club ;);D.

ronnien
30-09-2008, 09:07 PM
come on boys, i can pull fish from the bath tub;)

ron.

matmuller85
30-09-2008, 09:10 PM
I am in hopefully weather is good doesnt worry me to much but.

matmuller85
30-09-2008, 09:11 PM
PS Ron when am i going to take you out so you can show me the bath tub trick

levinge
30-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Sounds like we have some interesting banter starting, just what I like to see, a little healthy competition!!!!

As I said, I am open to all info/opinions.....

Watch this space

fish-n-dive
01-10-2008, 06:31 PM
I'll be taking the troops but they don't do too well in the sea so will have room for a deckie or two...............;)

fish-n-dive
01-10-2008, 06:32 PM
I'll be taking the troops but they don't do too well in the sea so will have room for a deckie or two when it come to the serious fishing...............;)

levinge
01-10-2008, 07:04 PM
whens the boat arrive???

fish-n-dive
01-10-2008, 07:06 PM
whens the boat arrive???

LOL, stay tuned, this is bigger than Ben Hur..............will post on the weekend or maybe Monday........

Wahoo
01-10-2008, 07:47 PM
just a thought, would be even better if it was a long W/E so that means fishing 2 full days, you Isa on the coast boys have 2hrs travel, as do i

Daz

fish-n-dive
01-10-2008, 08:14 PM
just a thought, would be even better if it was a long W/E so that means fishing 2 full days, you Isa on the coast boys have 2hrs travel, as do i

Daz

Daz, can I have your avatar as my deckie???.............

levinge
01-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Hey Wahoo, As I said open to all options.....a long weekend sounds pretty good. will have to look at the Calendar and see whats going on....

Fishin_Dan
01-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Sounds good people. I'd be in for that for sure!

Nic
01-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Sounds good to me too, I have never fished there before.

I have a mate who looks like Wahoo's avatar but she would much rather shop than fish!

megafish71
02-10-2008, 07:14 AM
Im interested, don't know if I will have my boat on the water by then, but might just come down to meet a few of you guys. Maybe Daz will have a spot for me. I grew up in the Tully area but haven't fished down there for years.

Cheers Ron

levinge
02-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Sounds like this has the makings of a huge weekend. Had a look at the accommodation side of Mission Beach yesterday and the Mission Beach Hideaway Holiday Village is looking good, heaps of facilities, lots of cabins and camping areas, Camp Kitchen/BBQ area, close to the ramp (about 2mins), over the road from the beach and just down the road from cafes, shops, pubs etc. Prices seem quite reasonable.

Has anyone stayed there, if so, your thoughts on the place???

disorderly
02-10-2008, 08:27 AM
come on boys, i can pull fish from the bath tub;)

ron.

Ron,my little boy used to as well....at least until the magnets fell off ;)::)

levinge
02-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Good one Disorderly, but I have seen his boat and bathtub is an exaggeration, she's small but effective!!!!

Wahoo
02-10-2008, 03:39 PM
the mods should make this a sticky

Daz

Taipan
02-10-2008, 05:40 PM
I'd be keen to come along as a deckie for someone. I could bring the family up to keep other partners and kids occupied during fishing hours.

fish-n-dive
02-10-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm thinking we need to ramp this up with a Cairns-vs-Townsville Trophy of some sort.

Maybe a BBQ & booze from the losers on the last night?

Just a thought to add a bit of spice.............;D;D;D

fish-n-dive
02-10-2008, 07:33 PM
the mods should make this a sticky

Daz

Yep, I agree, Mods can this be a sticky please??;)

Playdo98
03-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Boys, I would difinately be keen. Finally got my boat up from mackay (only took 12 months!!!!)

I would also have a couple of deckie spots spare.

mrx1981
03-10-2008, 01:30 PM
This seems like a great idea! I'd be in it but I don't have a boat, but happy to help out in taking a spot on someone elses to relieve the pressure of finding someone! ;) Mission is a great spot!
Hoo Roo!

Pedrokkas
03-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi all, I’d be keen for that. My birthday is on march so it would be a hell of

a party (fishing and boose). But like some others I don’t have a boat so

would need a deckie spot with someone. Mission I reckon is a good place, but would

go anywhere else.

levinge
03-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Starting to get a really good response.

Skippers who need deckies, you might want to contact a few of the guys without boats and organise your crew. Might even pay to have a fish together prior to the M&G to see if everyone is suited....

Looking good!!!!!

fish-n-dive
03-10-2008, 04:41 PM
I've already met Ronnie, Wade & Scott so any of them will be fine with me.........that's if they don't mind fishing out of glass...........;)

Scott nthQld
03-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Glass is fine by me, I'm still undecided between the glass vs ally debate, but it depends on what layout.

Hopefully it will be real good weather, I'm talking no more than 10knts, then I can take my boat out as well. But unless I win the lotto between now and then, I'll probably be without a boat, after all how often do we get conditions like that?

Michael, I like your idea of Brownsville v Mini Japan, a couple of cartons and a BBQ sounds like a good wager to me.

Wahoo
03-10-2008, 04:48 PM
yes looking good so far, i already have 2 other deckies and maybe mega ( Ron ) so means im full, another thought is, if the weather gods be good, is doing an overnighter = 31+ hrs fishing

Daz

levinge
06-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Alright Fisho's we need to come up with a date for the shindig....

Those who wanted a public holiday long weekend, this is what is available

Australia day long weekend in January - only downside is it will be hot!!!!

Easter long weekend - I think most might have family related plans and it might be a tad tight

Labour Day long weekend - May - this one is in the cooler weather and may suit most people, long way off and gives plenty of time for planning boats, gear and bodies.....

If its not a long weekend, then its pretty much any time next year when the heat drops off???

Thoughts people??????

disorderly
06-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Alright Fisho's we need to come up with a date for the shindig....

Australia day long weekend in January - only downside is it will be hot!!!!

This has my vote and being on the Cairns team means those beers we win will taste oh so sweet in the heat ;)::);D.

Seriously it's quite possible to get some good weather during January...before the full on wet sets in...

But being close by I'm easy... anytime weather permitting is good...

Scott

fish-n-dive
06-10-2008, 07:36 PM
I'll go with the general flow but I think too far away and it becomes a dream rather than a reality.

My vote is for biting the bullet and doing it in January............ and as Disorderly has said, the beer we win here from the South will be that much more refreshing!!!

Wahoo
06-10-2008, 07:39 PM
i also will vote Australia day long weekend in January

Daz

levinge
06-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Good to see the quick answers guys, I'm with the majority on whatever date is chosen.

However if it is Aust Day I will only be able to fish the Saturday and Sunday as I have to be back for work on the Monday. Shiftwork for Aust Day and the money unfortunately is too good to pass up $700 day for 12 hours work...

I might start early on the water on Friday if I get up there early???

Fishin_Dan
06-10-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm happy with any of them really...

Scott nthQld
06-10-2008, 09:14 PM
January will most likely be out for me though. Everyone in my household is going away, and someone's got to stay home and look after our barnyard. But, it might come good, I'm not sure when they all bugger off yet.

major-defect
08-10-2008, 06:07 AM
I reckon you can count me in.As long as I give work a bit of notice I should be able to get the time off.I'm pretty sure Hideaway holiday village is the one at North Mission which is closest to the best ramp.There is also a council camp ground directly across the road thats quite popular with the backpackers.Hideaway is a very clean and tidy park and is only a couple of minutes walk from bars, restaraunts and a grocery store.

levinge
08-10-2008, 08:02 AM
MD is the hideaway the one on the main drag, we were up there a couple of weeks ago and if its the one I am thinking of, it looks pretty good. As for the Council one, I have been told that its pretty feral and I don't think alot of the guys and girls would like having to constantly keep an eye on their gear (makes an unenjoyable weekend).

I dare say the Hideaway will be the Base for the Meet and Greet etc..

To move this thing along, we need to make a cut off for people to input their options for dates and the location.

I propose the cutoff be - Friday 17th of October

At this stage it is looking like the following:

Dates: Australia Day Long Weekend
Entry Fee to the Fishing Comp between Cairns and Townsville: 6 pack (winning side claims the spoils)(those from other regions can pick a side before the M&G)
Location for M&G: Mission Beach
Accommodation Base: Hideaway Holiday Village
BBQ 6:30pm on the Saturday Night: Each person/family to brring your own meat and a plate to contribute to the table i.e. tub of salad, tossed salad etc

If anyone can think of anything else, let me know

disorderly
08-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Yeah Levinge,the hideaway is just north of the shops at North Mission...

There is also a stinger net about 10-15 minutes walk to the south .

http://www.missionbeachhideaway.com.au/

Scott

Scott nthQld
08-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Auusie Day weekend will be good for me, I'll just let the animals run riot if there's no one home. But I might have to bring the dog, does the Hideaway allow pets? He's only a ratdog, so it doesn't need much room, and is good with kids, as long as they don't try and pick him up, he hates that. But if its that close, I will need a spot on an offshore rig if weather allows, won't have the time, or the cash to upgrade what needs to be done before the trip, especially now that I need a new pair of sunnies, and they're about $4-500 a pop.

ferrett
08-10-2008, 08:47 PM
hey scott just go and buy a pair of polarized mangrove jacks from BCF, only $30 a pair and you wont care if you lose them. that's all i got and they do me fine i dont see the point in spending those sort of dollars because most of the time they get damaged or you just lose them (anyway just my opinion). As for the dates australia day weekend would prob be the best apart from the heat because the predators are usually on the may day long weeknd. People like myself and a few others might be be entering in that.

levinge
09-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Good point Ferret, my rig should be ready for Predators next year....

Scott nthQld
09-10-2008, 10:08 AM
trouble is ferret, I'm blind as a bat and need glasses for distance, I'm flat out seeing something 5ft in front of me without glasses. First pair of sunnies I've ever lost, and I've never damaged a set either, so if they're going to last me 4 yrs or more I'm not too worried about the expense.

Thinking about entering the predators next year as well. I might start participating in more fishing comps next year I think.

major-defect
10-10-2008, 03:43 AM
Auusie Day weekend will be good for me, I'll just let the animals run riot if there's no one home. But I might have to bring the dog, does the Hideaway allow pets? He's only a ratdog, so it doesn't need much room, and is good with kids, as long as they don't try and pick him up, he hates that. But if its that close, I will need a spot on an offshore rig if weather allows, won't have the time, or the cash to upgrade what needs to be done before the trip, especially now that I need a new pair of sunnies, and they're about $4-500 a pop.
Hideaways doesn't allow dogs but the council ground across the road does and you'd be able to come over for the bbq on sat night.

Scott nthQld
10-10-2008, 11:29 AM
its OK, turns out my brother will still be intown so he can look after the dog. Have we finalised the dates at least? Being a long weekend, and school holidays I think, we may need to book accommodation early. I might make it a 4 day weekend, that is, head up friday morning, stay fri, sat, sun nightand cruis home on the monday, will give me an extra 1/2 day fishing.

Wahoo
11-10-2008, 07:01 AM
its OK, turns out my brother will still be intown so he can look after the dog. Have we finalised the dates at least? Being a long weekend, and school holidays I think, we may need to book accommodation early. I might make it a 4 day weekend, that is, head up friday morning, stay fri, sat, sun nightand cruis home on the monday, will give me an extra 1/2 day fishing.
Hi Scott

i have booked 2 cabins already, Fri- Sat-.Sun- Mon, get a early start Saturday fishing, i know i jumped in a bit early, and if the M/G dont go ahead on this L/WE, it is still a good excuse to get away

http://www.missionbeachhideaway.com.au/?Cabins:Ensuite_Cabin

Daz

Fishin_Dan
14-10-2008, 12:14 PM
It might be worth seeing if you get a group together if you can book multiple cabins together at once and get a cheaper rate from them. We just did that for a place in Cairns over the weekend.

levinge
14-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Worth a thought Dan

fish-n-dive
15-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi Scott

i have booked 2 cabins already, Fri- Sat-.Sun- Mon, get a early start Saturday fishing, i know i jumped in a bit early, and if the M/G dont go ahead on this L/WE, it is still a good excuse to get away

http://www.missionbeachhideaway.com.au/?Cabins:Ensuite_Cabin

Daz

Daz are you using both cabins? If not I'll take one paid up front otherwise PM me the cabin numbers and I'll see if I can get something close to you so I can crawl home after the booze up.......lol

levinge
16-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Thats slack their Michael, bit of planning would see you bringing your sleeping bag and having an old fashioned slumber drunken party.....

Fishin_Dan
16-10-2008, 10:05 AM
If you drink enough, you won't even need a sleeping bag ;D

fish-n-dive
16-10-2008, 10:28 AM
If you drink enough, you won't even need a sleeping bag ;D

LOL..........probably wouldn't need one any way at that time of year!!

Scott nthQld
17-10-2008, 11:53 AM
just carry some mozzie net around with you, you'll need it to keep the bugs at bay!

levinge
17-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Alright ladies and gents,
It's D-Day, there have been no requests for any changes to the Meet & Greet Info, so here it is.....

Date: Australia Day Long Weekend January 2009
Accommodation Base: Hideaway Holiday Village, Mission Beach, individuals are responsible for booking their own accommodation...
Open to all Ausfish members and their families.
BBQ - Sunday Night at Hideaway Holiday Village, Camp Kitchen Area, BYO Meat and bring something for the middle of the table i.e. salad, buns, etc
Rules
1. Friendly rivalry between Cairns and Townsville will be sorted out with best results for
2. Entry Fee - 6 pack of beer
3. Individual fisho's 5 best fish caught (Result worked on overall length of fish).
4. 10 best anglers results from each region to count.
5. Results will be worked out at the BBQ on Sunday night.
6. If you resort to catch and release, a brag mat photo must be produced to validate your catch (Date and time stamped).
7. Those Fisho's who are not from Townsville or Cairns must nominate who they are fishing for, prior to the Meet & Greet
8. Best overall result wins the pot i.e. Townsville or Cairns

If I have forgotten anything, let me know and we will add it and re-release the info.

Lets start to get some numbers together with those who WILL be attending. If your going, send me a PM and I'll put a list together...include your Cabin Number, Camp Site Number or other accommodation if your not staying at the Holdiay Village..

Regards to All

Brett

levinge
20-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Come on people time to start getting ourselves organised. We really should start getting a list together of who is going, helps to know who is and who is not attending...

ronnien
20-10-2008, 05:46 PM
sorry brett but i'll have to sit this one out.

due to
1. might have to look for another job (no work)
2. christmas
3. we have to move in jan.

:(

ron.

levinge
20-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Sorry to hear that Ron, hope things pick up for you..

Why the move??

ronnien
20-10-2008, 11:06 PM
brett

i think it might be for only one week that i'll have no work (speaking to him just before), the move is because the land lord does not want a new lease.
thinking of buying but dont know where to start?

ron.

levinge
21-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Thats a bit better news.
As for buying, its better to be putting your money into something that is yours and not paying off someone else mortgage...

Coming into Fingermark time???

ronnien
21-10-2008, 03:31 PM
yeah, check what time the moon comes up tonite.

ron.

Scott nthQld
21-10-2008, 05:36 PM
this weekend's looking OK now, winds down to 10-15's, Sunday would be the pick I reckon

ronnien
21-10-2008, 06:19 PM
scott

about time we got some good news about the weather.
went down to the ross today, took jolene & the 2 boys. did not catch anything but seen 3 big barra in no more than 50cm of water, cast my live mullet over to them but all it got was sucked on, no scales left.

ron.

levinge
21-10-2008, 07:37 PM
I figured you were sneaking out for a fish when you went past this morning. Tought luck about the suck. Whats your idea on the Fingermark situation. I be working Wed, Thurs and then Friday Night and Saturday Night.

Yeah I know weathers good and where am I. Still if I play it right I might be out for a fish on Saturday for a while or bite the bullet on first day off and go for it on Sunday. Chasing Macks with the missus on Sunday might be the best idea, that way I can have a nap if needed.......

Ron If you want to have a go at the Fingers I might be able to squeeze thursday night in????

Wahoo
21-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Alright ladies and gents,
It's D-Day, there have been no requests for any changes to the Meet & Greet Info, so here it is.....

Accommodation Base: Hideaway Holiday Village, Mission Beach, individuals are responsible for booking their own accommodation...
BBQ - Sunday Night at Hideaway Holiday Village, Camp Kitchen Area, BYO Meat and bring something for the middle of the table i.e. salad, buns, etc
Rules
1. Friendly rivalry between Cairns and Townsville will be sorted out with best results for
3. Individual fisho's 5 best fish caught (Result worked on overall length of fish).
6. If you resort to catch and release, a brag mat photo must be produced to validate your catch (Date and time stamped).
7. Those Fisho's who are not from Townsville or Cairns must nominate who they are fishing for, prior to the Meet & Greet

If I have forgotten anything, let me know and we will add it and re-release the info.

Lets start to get some numbers together with those who WILL be attending. If your going, send me a PM and I'll put a list together...include your Cabin Number, Camp Site Number or other accommodation if your not staying at the Holdiay Village..

Regards to All

Brett

Brett
we now have 4 villas booked, good small crew from cairns making our way down

Daz

Fishin_Dan
22-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Brett if you want a deckie for it, I'm keen :)

levinge
22-10-2008, 08:15 PM
No worries Dan, will let you know shortly

blueline
27-10-2008, 09:14 PM
hey guys
sounds like fun i would like to be in it ,im from innsfail so i will take cairns side but hope im not the only one ,dont here much from the cairns blokes.but i think i can give yous a run for your money.
when i book i will let you know.

Rod Fishing
28-10-2008, 04:56 PM
I will be seriously thinking of it. the missus is due in March though so I wont promise anythng, but if I do go I will be looking for a deckie or two if Corey isn't interested.

Cheers Rod....8-)

levinge
28-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Good to see ya back online again Rod...hard to believe I have nearly 50 hours up on the new rig

Rod Fishing
29-10-2008, 07:03 AM
Thats good Brett have to go for a run in her one day .

Cheers Rod....8-)

Fishin_Dan
29-10-2008, 08:18 AM
if Corey isn't interested.

When men ask him nicely, Corey is ALWAYS interested! ;D

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA

Rod Fishing
29-10-2008, 12:40 PM
You should know they way you two carry on,......................it makes me laugh so hard.

Cheers Rod....8-)

Taipan
29-10-2008, 05:11 PM
You'll wanna keep your balls covered on Sat Dan, that's where I'll be aiming at paintball

Scott nthQld
29-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Take his advice Dan, it really hurts if you get hit in the sack

Fishin_Dan
29-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Hey it's not a small target to aim for.... I thought you'd be a better shot than that Corey... Aiming for my massive genitals.... That's just lazy!

Besides, I'm faster than you Scotty, so guess who's in the firing line ;)

Fishin_Dan
29-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Take his advice Dan, it really hurts if you get hit in the sack

I'm both a little concerned, and incredibly amused that you actually know this!!! ;D

How many times did the guy shoot you in the sack before you pulled out of him?

disorderly
30-10-2008, 06:55 AM
Now I'm definitely backing the Cairns team ...

and you Townsville guys (???) can do whatever you like to each others sacks...;)::):o...

Strange.... very strange...;D

Scott nthQld
30-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Dan, I've been to paintball before, and was the MOST painful place I got hit.

This time I'm wearing a cup......

major-defect
30-10-2008, 02:33 PM
I've booked in for the saturday and sunday nights.It'll save any hassles after a drink or 2 or 3 and the pool will keep the kids entertained.SCAREY PAINTBALL!!!

Rod Fishing
30-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Dan and Scott, watch out head shots are the way to go at paintball this Saturday, never mind the bollocks on both of you it would be a one in a trillion shot.

Cheers Rod....8-)

levinge
01-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Right guys and girls, I'm booked in, managed to reorganise my work roster and now able to stay until Monday 26th. When we get a little closer to the date, I suggest we organise a common location/time at the village to meet on Friday night for a few beers and get to know each other.

Keep the banter going people, its the only way to keep this on top ------UNLESS A MOD WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO STICKY THIS AT THE TOP FOR US--------

Wahoo
03-11-2008, 08:16 PM
I've booked in for the saturday and sunday nights.It'll save any hassles after a drink or 2 or 3 and the pool will keep the kids entertained.SCAREY PAINTBALL!!!

be good to catch up again Paul, maybe another 25kg spanish for you

Daz

Rod Fishing
03-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Guys I have Just booked at The Mission Beach Hideaway Holiday Village in a Villa, for me and the missus and the boy. It is pretty well priced as well only cost $340 for the three of us.
We arrive on the 23th and will be leaving on the 26th so a couple of days fishing will be had.

Now I need a couple of deckies. They usual suspects will need to let me know asap and comfirm they are coming by booking accomadation. Corey, Dan and Scott the first two getting back to me has a spot.

If anyone can help out with some marks that would be really good aswell as i have none at all and could really do with a couple just as starters.

Cheers Rod....8-)

major-defect
06-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah it will be nice to catch up Daz and if I could get another big spanish again that would be great.Sounds like you've got a fair sized mob coming down.Hey rod it will be good to catch up with you again too,I suppose the little fella is a handfull by now.

Rod Fishing
06-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Paul,

It will be be to catch up and have a few beers again last time was a bit of a et down with the fishing however a bad days fishing is better than a good day at work. The biy is getting to be a bit of a handful yes. He is off to prep next year. But I am glad that we have a boy and not a girl as I dont know what i would be like when they got older and started bringing their boy friends home.

Hopefully you will be able to swing a bt of that local knowledge my way.

Cheers Rod....8-)

major-defect
10-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Rod I'm sure there will be plenty of talk about where to fish on the friday night while we inhale a few beers.Yeah it can't be to much longer before the boyfriend thing with the girls starts[i need a shotgun].

Wahoo
12-11-2008, 08:35 PM
a good mate that was going to be a deckie just brought a boat and will be at the M/G with it, so now i may have a spot if anyone needs

Daz

Rod Fishing
19-11-2008, 06:10 AM
So far only Brett and I from Townsville have committed.

I think its about tme the rest of you lads got off your arse and committed to this bad boy and I need a deckie or two aswell.

Cheers Rod....8-)

major-defect
20-11-2008, 04:53 AM
We're booked into cabin 2o.

Rod Fishing
20-11-2008, 02:01 PM
We are in 21

Scott nthQld
21-11-2008, 03:14 PM
I will be booking in somewhere shortly, hopefully they've still got cabins available, if not, I guess I'll be sleeping in the tent.

But I might need to stash my gear in someone's cabin if thats the case, just for security, all I want to keep in the tent is my sleeping gear, everything else will stay locked in the car, but things like rods etc, wont fit.

Nic
22-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Dave (Alchemy) and I are now booked into one of the en suite villas for the three nights. Should be good. :)

levinge
23-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Good to see a few of the Townsille Fisho's taking up the challenge.

Scott I should have some extra room for gear etc. Depending on who from my family goes or doesn't I might have a spare couple of beds (if you can handle a bunk)???

Will find out shortly and let you know....

Scott nthQld
24-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Its OK now, thanks for the offer, I've booked myself into a cabin.

Seeing how I'll be the only one in it, there's room if anyone wants to share.

Rod Fishing
24-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Mate like i said hit Dan and Corey up I am sure they will want somewhere to stay.

Next Question do you wanna deckie for me?

Cheers Rod....8-)

Scott nthQld
24-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Yeah mate, I'll take that deckie spot.

Don't mind who shares with me actually, its only somewhere to sleep, I doubt we'd be spending much time just sitting around the cabin. If one of the Cairns boys needs somewhere to sleep, that would work out OK for the TSV blokes, I'll be able to sabotage their gear whilst they sleep....lol, a few strategically placed nicks in their line would be sufficient I think.

Next question, is their anyone in Townsville that has a small tinny they would like taken up, I suspect their would be a few muddies to be caught too. I'd take mine, but the trailer is in need of an overhaul, so I'm limited to local trips only.

matmuller85
24-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Scott i would probably accom share with you unsure as to if my missus is comming am thinking i might take my little tinny up hehe. sometimes i wish it was small

blueline
25-11-2008, 08:41 PM
hey guys
i'll be there im just wating to see my wifes roster for next year to see if i will be there on friday night or first thing saterday morning.

Wahoo
01-12-2008, 04:43 PM
seems a few will be turning up now, should have a list of what boats will be there

Daz

levinge
01-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Sounds like a good idea there Daz

Rod Fishing
02-12-2008, 06:36 AM
We were speaking about this on Saturday down at the Tav.

As far as we could tell there was Brett in Hard Liven, Deckies unknown.
Matt Muller in his boat, no deckies at this stage.
Me in the Nauti - Lass, Scott NQ as a deckie
Alchemy and Nic on their boat.

Depending on what Matts missus does I might leave the Nauti - Lass at home and fish with Matt and Scott.

Cheers Rod....8-)

Dr_Dan
02-12-2008, 08:28 AM
As long as I have some time off, i'll drag the boat up there with the boss.

Wahoo
04-12-2008, 04:51 PM
We were speaking about this on Saturday down at the Tav.

As far as we could tell there was Brett in Hard Liven, Deckies unknown.
Matt Muller in his boat, no deckies at this stage.
Me in the Nauti - Lass, Scott NQ as a deckie
Alchemy and Nic on their boat.

Depending on what Matts missus does I might leave the Nauti - Lass at home and fish with Matt and Scott.

Cheers Rod....8-)

G'day Rod

what boats will be there? make, size and color?

me, black 6.8m center console tinny, ( bluewater )

Daz

Rod Fishing
04-12-2008, 05:06 PM
The Nauti - Lass is a white and aqua haines Sig 600LE the other guys can brag about their own rigs.

Cheers Rod....8-)

levinge
04-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Daz - Hard Livin is a Black and White 5.95m Formosa Centre Cab

Wahoo
04-12-2008, 06:21 PM
thanks guys, im sure the others will post there boat info up, just good to know who has what,

Daz

Alchemy
05-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Alchemy is a 6.6m Fisher walk around cab. White cabin and red sides for camouflage. Actually I hope the red sides attract red fish ::)

Dave.

major-defect
08-12-2008, 12:18 PM
We've got a smaller boat then you've got,a 4.3 savage.I take it you blokes are planning on heading out to the reef?We only hang around the islands with mine.

levinge
08-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Hey MD just depends on where they are biting, if its close we'll be there if they are chewing out wide you know we can't resist!!!

matmuller85
08-12-2008, 02:08 PM
I got a 5.5M CC green xtreme with a 140 suzuki

Wahoo
08-12-2008, 05:34 PM
We've got a smaller boat then you've got,a 4.3 savage.I take it you blokes are planning on heading out to the reef?We only hang around the islands with mine.

Paul
i may have a spot or two if you would like to do a day trip out in my tinny,

the other boat that will be there with us is a white 7m proline, he may have one spot also

Daz

Matmuller85, have you a cabin as yet?

matmuller85
08-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Nah not yet mate, worst comes to worst i will camp or take the olds bus up

major-defect
09-12-2008, 04:39 AM
Thanks Daz we'll see how things turn out.Levinge the reef fishes better than the islands here it's just wether the weather lets you out there LOL.

matmuller85
09-12-2008, 07:29 AM
If anyone wants to service there trailer before mission give me a call, good rates for ausfish members

Rod Fishing
09-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Matty,

Just bunk in with Scott he will have some spare beds.

Cheers Rod....8-)

Scott nthQld
09-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Yeah, if there's anyone going that needs somewhere to sleep, I've got a cabin booked for myself so there's a couple of extra beds if anyone wants them. Its only somewhere to sleep cos I doubt we'd be just hanging around the cabin, also somewhere to lock up our gear when we're not around.

Bad_Bubby
14-12-2008, 05:42 PM
I should be coming, fishing either my boat or someone elses, see what happens. I'm only 5 mins north of the Kurrimine turnoff.

levinge
21-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Alrighty, time for an update.

Looks like there are a few people turning up, so it should be a good weekend.

I will be heading up on the Friday and have got a cabin.

I have 2 spare beds available - bunks only so if its a bed your after let me know.

I also have 1 possibly 2 spots for deckies. A while ago Fishing_Dan asked for a deckie spot, you still up for it Dan???

So if you thinking of going up I have spots onboard and spots at the cabin. Usual share of costs is the deal.

Let me know if your interested

levinge
21-12-2008, 07:17 AM
Time to repost the Rules for this debacle (I mean fishing trip!!!!)

BBQ - Sunday Night at Hideaway Holiday Village, Camp Kitchen Area, BYO Meat and bring something for the middle of the table i.e. Salad, buns, etc
Rules

One extra thing, I think we need to have 1 fisho from each region to act as the impartial (bribed by beers) weighmasters.

Friday Night we should all get together at the camp kitchen area for some beers, bragging and some basic rules.

Thoughts People!!!

Rod Fishing
21-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Brett,

Just 1 thing with the rules.

It is of my opinion that fish like ramora's and shark should NOT be allowed as legal fish, if you are going on length of fish.

Instead of date time stamp photos each member should be given something unique like a toy out of a gumball machine that they have to have in their photos. To achieve this we should all meet at a servo , where they will most likely have a gum ball mahine thingy.

Just a few thoughts, what does everyone else think.

Cheers Rod....8-)

levinge
21-12-2008, 08:57 AM
I totally agree with the fish.

I think it will be known to all on Friday night that we do not count, sharks, remora, rays, eels etc as a legal fish. Most will already know this...

Gumball toys - interesting, might be a touch small against a photo, but you have given me food for thought. What about a unique pack of playing cards, they usually have an interestig design on the back and this would be more visible than a small toy, plus a pack of cards is alot cheaper than a toy.

Thoughts??

Rod Fishing
22-12-2008, 07:45 AM
Sounds good playing cards are good, oh and the only reason i surgested ramoras not be counted is because Scott is coming along. HAHAHA.

Cheers Rod....8-)

levinge
22-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Yep we know how he loves dem Remora.

Is he fishing with you or is he taking his rig???

Rod Fishing
22-12-2008, 01:48 PM
I think he will be fishing with me in Nauti - Lass unless she cant be fixed in time then we will both be looking for deckie spots. I know Matt Muller has a couple of spots left and you aswell so there will be no shortage of spots.

I am looking forward to getting out to the reef and trying for some reds and trout etc.

Cheers Rod....8-)

Scott nthQld
22-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Rod...at this point, I'd like to remind you that last time I caught a remora it was one to your 3, and yours were the biggest. Then I officially handed you the remora King Crown.

I've got a couple of different decks of playing cards, A few souvenier ones, plus a couple of packs you get every now end then with a magazine.

levinge
22-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Surely not nudie cards there Scott.

As for the Remora, was Rod Skipper that day, if so, I do believe he enjoys the skippers right of total denial and the ability to pass on his results good or bad to any deckie of his choice!!!! (damn that sounded good)

Rod Fishing
22-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Brett,

I totally agree.

Scott you still hold the mantel for remora King.

Cheers Rod....8-)

blueline
23-12-2008, 09:42 PM
hey guys
talking of rules is there start and finish times, or if the weather is good we can do an overnighter?
jamie

Rod Fishing
23-12-2008, 10:23 PM
i dont know i guess over nighters are fine however youwill miss lots of beers.

Cheers rod....8-)

levinge
24-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Friday Night will be Beers and Meet everyone and if the Cairns mob don't have any objections lets say lines in could be Sunrise on Saturday morning and lines out by 4pm Sunday with results to the Weighmasters by 6:30pm.

Don't forget we will need to nominte 2 weighmaster, 1 for each area

How does that sound to everyone.

Rod Fishing
24-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Brett,

I think that sounds more than reasonable. That way we can have an overnighter if anyone wants too. I dont think that I will be headed out over night.

Cheers Rod....8-)

levinge
24-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Me too, might be pushing the grog limit as I intend to have a few on Saturday night

Rod Fishing
24-12-2008, 09:12 AM
You can count on me to have a few too many on Saturday night.

Cheers Rod....8-)

levinge
24-12-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm thinking Rumbo's

Rod Fishing
24-12-2008, 10:28 AM
I love rumbo's but beer is good as well i really dont want to be too hung over on sunday.

Cheers Rod....8-)

Scott nthQld
24-12-2008, 05:05 PM
yep, it'll be icy cold beers all weekend for me. For you Cairns blokes, I drink Carlton Mid.

Wahoo
24-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Friday Night will be Beers and Meet everyone and if the Cairns mob don't have any objections lets say lines in could be Sunrise on Saturday morning and lines out by 4pm Sunday with results to the Weighmasters by 6:30pm.

Don't forget we will need to nominte 2 weighmaster, 1 for each area

How does that sound to everyone.

i'll put my hand up for the cairns weight thingo, and as the way my luck has been, i might as well buy you southerns a drink now and be done with it

Daz

levinge
25-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks Daz, one less thing to organise..

blueline
26-12-2008, 08:18 PM
hey guys
no worries, to me its more meeting you guys and having a few drinks. im looking forward to meeting yous.
jamie

levinge
26-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Totally agree Jamie, but would be nice to get amongst a few good fish.

I am pretty tame these days on the Rum, although I won't have too far to go to bed, so anything could happen...

major-defect
29-12-2008, 07:50 AM
I love rum too but it makes me hyper and keeps me awake all night so I think I'll just stick to the beer.

Scott nthQld
29-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Brett, I spose I could put my hand up for the Townsville Weighmaster if you like. Bribery of beers will be accepted.

Scott nthQld
29-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Another thing that might be on the cards....why don't we make this an annual event? But choose a different location every year?

levinge
29-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Thanks for that Scott

Sounds like a good idea Scott. What do the Cairns boys and girls reckon about doing it every year???

UPDATE

Daz (Wahoo) and Scott (Scott nthQld) have volunteered to be the totally impartial, unbribeable, Unflapable weighmasters for the M&G. Of course the size of the fish will inevitably get bigger the more beer/rumbo's this pair drink.

I will do up some catch sheets for people to record their catches on, this will at least allow us to keep track of the fish (if you release them)

weigh-ins (Measure of fish, if you want to brag) will take place on Saturday evening and Sunday evening, we can work out a time that suits everyone on Friday night.

Brett

blueline
29-12-2008, 07:57 PM
hey guys
i think it would be good to do this every year.

Scott nthQld
31-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks for that Scott

Sounds like a good idea Scott. What do the Cairns boys and girls reckon about doing it every year???

UPDATE

Daz (Wahoo) and Scott (Scott nthQld) have volunteered to be the totally impartial, unbribeable, Unflapable weighmasters for the M&G. Of course the size of the fish will inevitably get bigger the more beer/rumbo's this pair drink.

I will do up some catch sheets for people to record their catches on, this will at least allow us to keep track of the fish (if you release them)

weigh-ins (Measure of fish, if you want to brag) will take place on Saturday evening and Sunday evening, we can work out a time that suits everyone on Friday night.

Brett

Where did you get this from?? I even said I would be open to bribery with beer, don't go spoiling my weekend of free piss.....lol

I'll be heading up on Friday, what time was check in again? about 2pm?

levinge
05-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Check-in sounds about right, I'll be heading up on the Friday morning as well.

Missus is tossing up going now, so looks like I'll skippering and she'll be catching them...

Bribery, it's only illegal if you get caught!!!!! TIC

Scott nthQld
05-01-2009, 09:41 AM
But if I get caught, at least I'll have beer to bribe with....ahh the circle of life...lol.

levinge
05-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Right Oh People.

Time to start getting some things organised.

Can all those going to Mission for the Meet and Greet, please advise me of their accommodation booking. i.e. what cabin are you staying in?

Also if your taking a boat and how many going/fishing

So far we have:
Major defect - cabin 20
Rod Fishing - cabin 21
Me (Levinge) - cabin 14, Boat and poss 3 fishing

Would be good to know who is staying where, this way we can keep an eye on each others gear while we are hanging around the park..

Also if you are passing any of the cabins, drop in and say hello. beer is always on hand and engel's cold.

Scott nthQld
05-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Dunno what cabin I'm staying in, never asked.

Won't have a boat, trailer won't make it that far without some serious work being done, which I don't have the dollars for. So I'll need a spot on a boat, not fussed about deckie duties etc. And just a reminder, it would possibly be an advantage to the skipper having a weighmaster on board.

levinge
05-01-2009, 01:21 PM
You did all that work to the boat and forgot about the trailer???

What work needs doing to it. Should have a chat to Matt and see if you can work something out???

Deckie wise, I am witing for Dan to get back to me, I think he is on Holidays, not sure. He was first to ask me about deckie spot and the missus is now tossing up coming up, will know more soon..

Scott nthQld
05-01-2009, 03:07 PM
needs a fair bit done, new tyres for a start, hubs look pretty rooted, axle has a bit to be desired, but could be just surface rust. Winchpost is looking like it needs to be welded up, but I can do that myself. I'm scared to pull it all apart, god knows how many problems will pop up then.

trouble is, being such an old trailer, even the tyres are very hard to get hold of, and I can't put any larger wheels underneath it, even if I do get new hubs, because the tolerances between boat/trailer are so low, there wouldn't be enough room to fit any rubber in there.

Thinking it will be easier to just get a new trailer.

I've done a few things to it. I've put new lights, mudguards and springs. Tyres are next on the list, if I can locate some. Then I'll do the hubs. In the mean time though, I'll get some 6mm plate steel and weld that to where the winch post joins the trailer and do a clean up around there. I've just got to do that when the boat is off the trailer to avoid any splatter going all over the hull.

Rod Fishing
05-01-2009, 03:14 PM
At this stage I will be taking up my boat so Scott can deckie for me and I know have a mark so thats a start

levinge
05-01-2009, 03:17 PM
No dramas Rod, you taking your missus up also??

Scott your probably right in thinking of a new trailer. Would be the safer option..

matmuller85
05-01-2009, 03:27 PM
I am looking at going up scott and rod. Just in brisbane for the next 2 weeks. Will have a clearer idea in a week or so. I think i have lots of mark for mission beach thanks to a mate ( Trawler Owner ) He he he he.

Scott nthQld
06-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Matt, have you got somewhere to stay in Mission? I've still got an empty cabin if you need a bed.

Also, those marks you got, do you still need the program to get the marks? I've recently acquired bluechart v9 (Garmin software), if your GPS is compatable.

matmuller85
06-01-2009, 05:55 PM
I am on to it mate just waiting for a phone call he he

matmuller85
06-01-2009, 05:57 PM
I will let you know about accom this week

levinge
06-01-2009, 06:13 PM
like your thinking Matt.

Wahoo
06-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Right Oh People.

Time to start getting some things organised.

Can all those going to Mission for the Meet and Greet, please advise me of their accommodation booking. i.e. what cabin are you staying in?

Also if your taking a boat and how many going/fishing

So far we have:
Major defect - cabin 20
Rod Fishing - cabin 21
Me (Levinge) - cabin 14, Boat and poss 3 fishing

Would be good to know who is staying where, this way we can keep an eye on each others gear while we are hanging around the park..

Also if you are passing any of the cabins, drop in and say hello. beer is always on hand and engel's cold.

not sure on the cabin numbers, will make a call tomorrow and find out

Daz

levinge
06-01-2009, 06:58 PM
No worries Daz, would be good to know where everyone is hiding

Wahoo
07-01-2009, 04:47 PM
ok , found out we are in cabins 26 27 28 29, then there is another family from cairns, but unsure on his cabin number,

Daz

levinge
07-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Jesus Daz, you bringing a herom to the M&G, TIC

sc0pe
07-01-2009, 08:09 PM
im not even in the state, but i recentlly had one of my crews working at tully, and i put them up at the mission beach hideaway resort and they were stoked with the place. accomodation fantastic and the guys at the desk were flexible and easy to deal with.

Just wish i could have come up with an excuse to head up there myself ;)

Wahoo
07-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Jesus Daz, you bringing a herom to the M&G, TIC

LOL, more of a get away for the girls and kids,

Rod, you taking your boat?
i will have mine, and if mate gets his boat sorted ( 7m Proline) that will be there to, out of our lot there is 4 fisho's, should be a great weekend

Daz

Wahoo
07-01-2009, 08:20 PM
im not even in the state, but i recentlly had one of my crews working at tully, and i put them up at the mission beach hideaway resort and they were stoked with the place. accomodation fantastic and the guys at the desk were flexible and easy to deal with.

Just wish i could have come up with an excuse to head up there myself ;)

scope, just turn up, they wont miss ya for a few days, LOL

levinge
08-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Hope your not desperate there Daz, calling for ring-ins now.

Not long now, looking forward to catching up and putting faces to names.

Hope Rod gets his rig back together before the M&G, by the way how are things coming along Rod, let me know if you need a hand with anything!!

Scott nthQld
08-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Last I heard from Rod was his boat isn't quite finished yet, but he should have it by this weekend I think he said.

I'm booked in Cabin 5 btw.

levinge
08-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks Scott, we can only hope Rod's boat will be ready!!!

Have you heard anything from Fishin Dan, haven't had a reply from him yet!!

Scott nthQld
08-01-2009, 07:23 PM
he's down in brissy but he gets back tomorrow, not sure if he's coming along though, depends what his missus is doing I spose.

Rod Fishing
09-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Caught up with Dan at the big 4 in Airlie last night and this morning and he isnt going to be able to make it as a couple of his close friends are flying in from overseas.

Don't know ablout the boat will go down to Townsville Marine tomorrow morning and see Peter Knack, it might even be finished, unsure at this stage. If worst comes to worst I think that Matt might have a couple of spare spots on his rig.

Brett at this stage unsure if Kylie is going to come as she is heavily pregnant and is haveing trouble sleeping, but she is really keen to go and have another little holiday as it forces her not to any thing being away from home. She will be just sitting by the pool relaxing.

This should bring everyone up to date.

After Christmas in Cairns I called into the Hideaway and scoped out the ramp. The ramp is excellant however I didn't see much room for boat parking and the internal roads of the park are narrow, but we will have to waut and see.

Cheers Rod....8-)

levinge
09-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Parking at the Ramp, might just mean some early starts in the dark (first in best park etc).

If Dan isn't able to make it, then I will have a spare seat onboard (if you don't mind being outfished by my better half).

Looks like there will be plenty of room on some boats if yours isn't ready..

My missus usually fishes 1 day out of the weekend so she might keep Kylie company by the pool, just depends on whether or not she gets enough of a fishing fix

How does the pontoon look, hven't seen it yet so I don't know where they have put it!!

Rod Fishing
09-01-2009, 07:13 PM
The pontoon looks really good 1 person launch / retreave.

If I cant take my boat Scott will also need a spot. I think Matt Muller has a couple of spare spots and with those marks he got from the ex trawler operator might make fishing pretty good.

Cheers Rod....8-)

disorderly
09-01-2009, 09:32 PM
It's an interesting point fella's...I should have brought it up earlier about the ramp....the situation is that yes there has been a new pontoon installed but on mid to low tides and busy times it will create bottlenecks to the 2 ramps...there is not much room between it and the rock wall when boats are pulled up along side it and there are probably only about 15 parking spots that both boaties and there deckie's use ...from then on you must park either side of the access road in ...so on busy good weather holiday weekends if you arent launched by 5.30am then you could face a long walk too park your car..sometimes up as far as the eco village(approx 3-400m)...

Any idea's for getting everyones boats and crew out at around the same time as painlessly as possible?

Scott

levinge
09-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Thats going to be the problem, but I suppose if your alarm works, you get out early, if it doesn't, well you know what can happen.

Hopefully we'll make enough noise in the dark to wake all those who need to be thinking of fishing.

So facing the ramp, which side have they put the pontoon on??? Photo would be nice if your in the area.

Rod, not a problem, I think that any extra bods will be able to find a deckies spot pretty easily.

Brett

disorderly
09-01-2009, 11:01 PM
Brett the pontoon runs parallel to the rock wall and the ramps but it starts from on the concrete beside where the 2 ramp lanes are ...if you can picture that...so its a bit squishy now as if you are against the pontoon then you are also in one of the launching lanes..

levinge
10-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Thanks Scott, you think they would've put it on the other side of the ramp that way both sides of a pontoon structure could be used. Still I will have to wait and see it, sounds like they rushed the installation a little and might not have thought the whole thing out at the beginning!!!

13 Days to go, woohoo

Rod Fishing
11-01-2009, 06:56 AM
The boat parking at the hideaway might be a problem as well. When i did a drive around the park there was very little spots for boat parking. When i spoke with them on the phon ethey did asure me that there was boat parking in the park.

Scott nthQld
11-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Maybe we could just have someone drop one or 2 people off at the pontoon, and those 2 can back everybody's trailer down to retrieve. That way we shouldn't get a bottle neck with our group, if we all come in at the same time, those waiting will be able to wait away from the ramp. Could work like a production line. 2 people using only one lane, whilst one retrieve the other gets the keys for the next person and gets their car, in the meantime the other is midway retreiving a boat. So by the time someone is done retrieving, there'll be another trailer waiting to back down.

levinge
11-01-2009, 06:44 PM
I guess it will come down to coordination with others on the water and if they are coming back at the same time. Most will probably come back in dribs and drabs throughout the day, depending on catches and conditions.

Nice thought though

matmuller85
11-01-2009, 08:45 PM
I hate to put a negative spin on this but this weather isnt looking good. With a cyclone brewing and a great rain depression quite possible.

Wahoo
11-01-2009, 08:54 PM
still have 2 weeks yet, anything can happen by then, might just get myself a rain coat just in case, that wont stop me fishing, if they forecast 20-30nts i will leave the tinny home, anything under that is still good

Daz

levinge
11-01-2009, 09:04 PM
If the weather turn ordinary I guess we can sit, drink beer and have casting comps to see who can land a lure in a bucket, gets interesting the more beer you drink!!!!

Weather should be fine, I haven't washed my car for 3 weeks!!!

Rod Fishing
13-01-2009, 10:19 AM
I have just added the M & G to the calander so that if anyone ever checks it out like me they will see it.

Cheers Rod....8-)

levinge
13-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks for that Rod, I forgot we even had a Calendar on this site.

Well one thing with this weather, my boat is getting a good rinse and blow dry!!!!

Still could be worse, she could actually be floating off the trailer!!!!!!!

Scott nthQld
13-01-2009, 01:34 PM
I didn't even know that this site had a calendar. How do you get to it?

Hoping this weather clears real soon. Roads are closed just north Of ingham when the Seymor went over this morning

levinge
13-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Thin blue banner about 2 inches below the chats menu and then dead centre on the panel. We still have 10 days for the waters to subside, I think that will be ample time. I am just hoping that the fresh dilutes enough to allow us to fish. Hopefully the fish won't have shut down.

On the upside, this weather means that nobody has been out to the reefs chasing fish, so if all goes well they will be hitting everything when we are up there...

Rod Fishing
13-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Brett,

Do we actualy have confirmed numbers yet and who is coming?

Cheers Rod....8-)

levinge
13-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Not fully aware of who is going, but there will be enough people going to make it quite interesting, I believe there are a few wives going also.

The Cairns guys might be able to enlighten us as to whether their significant others are attending!!

I believe at this stage it is the following going:

TVL - Levinge + (Da Missus who catches all my fish), Rod Fishing, Mattmuller85, Alchemy & Nic, ScottNthqld, there are a few others who indicated that they might go, but have not confirmed yet..

Cairns - Major-defect, Wahoo, FNQCairns, Disorderly, Blueline & Bad_Bubby

If anyone else is considering going, let us all know, just so we can put faces to names when we get there....

major-defect
13-01-2009, 06:31 PM
My wife and 2 daughters are coming with me.

levinge
13-01-2009, 06:44 PM
THanks for that MD

Wahoo
13-01-2009, 07:41 PM
in our group our ladies will be there..X4.............. kids X6 me thinks,

Daz

levinge
13-01-2009, 07:47 PM
You goin for 5 a side cricket or something there Daz??

major-defect
14-01-2009, 03:28 AM
Hey Daz are your 2 friends from last time coming? They were nice blokes.

Wahoo
14-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Hey Daz are your 2 friends from last time coming? They were nice blokes.

Hey Paul, yes them will be there, Shane asked me the same Q, if you are going to be there LOL, should be good

Daz

Scott nthQld
16-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Getting close now, only a week to go.....can't wait

Blueline and his decky will be staying in my cabin, as will mattmuller and maybe his missus.

major-defect
16-01-2009, 11:33 PM
That will be great Daz it'll be good to catch up.

Wahoo
17-01-2009, 10:50 AM
wow, just had a count up on who is heading there with us, count the rugrats there is 19 maybe 21 :o:o:o

and dont forget to bring the Aussi Flags everyone:D, have one for the boat8-)

disorderly
17-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Hi Guys...

I just emailed Alistair Pike of Dunk Island Sportsfishing Charters...he is a local guy who runs a 7-8 metre plate boat around the islands and out to the reef...

He also has a bait and tackle shop at Nth Mission between the Hideaway and the clump point ramp directly across from the beach on the main drag about a km or so north of the shops....

He is also a good bloke and I've found him to be the most helpful guy when its comes to general fishing info locally...

So stop by and mention that you are an ausfish member to get the discount and you may even get some advise as to where the fish are to be found...

Scott

levinge
17-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Is he a blonde haired Expat South African bloke???

Just added the info to the first post as well.

disorderly
17-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Is he a blonde haired Expat South African bloke???

Nah mate,the suff effrican fella keeps his cards very close to his chest...he just runs a charter ..no shop..;);D

Scott nthQld
17-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks, Scott, will definately be calling in to him and see whats biting and where, and what's working in the way of lures etc.

levinge
18-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Me thinks this is gunna be a cracker of a weekend, now I just have to work out what tackle to bring, so many rods etc etc etc..

5 DAYS TO GO

matmuller85
19-01-2009, 05:59 AM
I will be back in townsville tuesday night. Will try get down to my mate with the trawler again and pick his brain. What is eveyone doing about meals at night ???

Rod Fishing
19-01-2009, 07:47 AM
I reckon that everyone meet at the camp kitchen say around 6ish brng your own meat and something for the table i.e a salad, bread rolls, bread, chips, dip, etc.

Thats is what i was planning on doing anyway.

Cheers Rod....8-)

levinge
19-01-2009, 08:07 AM
I think that will be the general concensus, I'll be bring some of the same.

4 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

Rod Fishing
19-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Onr thing that I think is important is that we all give our Call signs and designate a channel to be able to chat with everyone.

My call sign is Nauti - Lass.

I dont really care what channel but it should probably be about channel lets say 54, thats just a random number that I picked out of my ass.

levinge
19-01-2009, 09:31 AM
54 won't work, doesn't exist for Marine Operations on VHF (non selectable).

How about a channel number that nobody will forget Channel 69

Good Idea about list of Callsigns, can everyone who is going, please post your callsign and I'll try to do up a info sheet for everyone.

FNQCairns
19-01-2009, 09:33 AM
No fish on the barbie the first night!!;D:P

A couple of ideas if anyone is interested,

A M&G boat log for VHF? If so please leave boat call name and and Ausfish names of those aboard also which team if applicable.

and what about a working channel while offshore? as we should all be able to receive each other once at the reef, anyone with experience in the area, what channel would be best? 73 or 77? or another? save us all from gumming up a repeater channel, just add it to your duel/tri watch.

Anyone know the particulars of the rescue organisation that applies out from Mission B?

Will do up a basic word doc and post it somewhere for printing.

For us,

Team : Cairns

Call : Kaety J

POB : Fnq, Disorderly, Synfull (possibly, if not a spot might be spare for Saturday)

cheers fnq

Edit: great minds and all that, teach me not to read the new posts before I post:)

levinge
19-01-2009, 09:35 AM
agree about the no fish Friday, don't want to jinx the weekend

Rod Fishing
19-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Damn and i was going to have a water test and prefish on friday oh well.

LOL

Cheers Rod....8-)

levinge
19-01-2009, 10:02 AM
hey you can still fish, just can't cook them!!!!

levinge
19-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Righto people, Just finished up the draft of Rules etc for the Meet and Greet.

The following information is provided for comment and change if necessary.

Radio Communications will be via VHF (if you have it) - Channel 69 (should be easy to remember).

A callsign sheet will be given out to everyone on Friday Night, as well as a catch sheet and basic rules.

Those who haven't passed on their callsign and names of deckies, please do so asap.

The Following Rules have been drafted for the M&G:

RULES

1. All fish MUST be caught on line, no spears, nets or explosives devices allowed

2. All fish MUST be legal Length iaw DPI&F Regulations, if not listed, fish must be minimum of 30cm's

3. Fish consider vermin do not count as legal, this includes Rays, Sharks, Catfish, Remora and Cuda's

4. Fish info must be recorded on the catch sheet and a digital photo taken (where possible)

5. 10 best angling results will count for each Region, if there aren't 10 results from each Region, then
the equal number of anglers results will be tallied to decide the outcome

6. Max of 5 fish per angler to count.

7. Results decided by length/points system

Each fish species will be given a base score and bonus points will be awarded for every centimetre over the legal length i.e. a 50cm Coral Trout might have base points of 180 and 1 point for every centermeter over, so it would be awarded 192 points (180 for the fish and 12 for bonus length) and if someone else caught a 42cm Grass Sweetlip and its points were also 180 for the fish and bonus for extra length this fish would also be awarded 192 points. This system does work and allows those fisho's who can't make the reef to be just as competitive as those who can get wide.

8. Weigh Masters word is final - WM's are Wahoo and Scott Nthqld

9. Entry is 6 pack per angler

10. Lines-in 5am Saturday 24th and Lines-out 4pm Sunday 25th

11. Results to be handed to the WM's by 6:30pm Sunday

Winning Region gets the pot and bragging rights

Please let me know if anyone has any dramas with them!!!

Rod Fishing
19-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Scott NQ might be disapointed that remoras are not included.

Rod Fishing
19-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Her is the latest from seabreeze looking good IMHO. Who cares if it s raining.

Weather Forecasts
http://www.seabreeze.com.au/images/misc/bluebar.gif

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/images/forecast/3/CAIR/grg.png?1232327986859 (http://www.seabreeze.com.au/images/forecast/3/CAIR/grg.png?1232327986859)

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/images/forecast/3/CAIR/tide.png?1232327986859

Cheers Rod....8-)

Scott nthQld
19-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Brett, so are we going the total length of all fish for the points? Or will each species have a different weighting ie, similar to how your club does it?

levinge
19-01-2009, 02:29 PM
It will just go on total length of fish

5 best fish, I should've added no more than 2 the same species. I will amend it to reflect this. So if have only 5 anglers who catch fish, then Cairns's 5 best will be put up against it. I beleive this way it will be a little more even.

I do have a scoring sheet that we use at my club and it is a length based system plus bonus points for every centermeter over the legal length.

We can use this as it tends to even out the competition and really comes down to whether or not your fish was a big one and by how much.

Come to think of it I think we will use it, much more unbiased and fair

matmuller85
19-01-2009, 02:34 PM
The weather there isnt lookin bad at all, he he he time to go fast. Rod any word on your boat yet mate.

levinge
19-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Matt what callsign do you go by on the boat and who is deckie for you????

Have you got a team name for your boat???

matmuller85
19-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Got crabz is call name. Ugly early is team name. Deckies i got my partner at this stage

levinge
19-01-2009, 04:30 PM
No worries , thanks for that, just putting together an info sheet with rules etc on it. Will be handing it out to everyone on Friday Night..

FNQCairns
19-01-2009, 04:34 PM
54 won't work, doesn't exist for Marine Operations on VHF (non selectable).

How about a channel number that nobody will forget Channel 69

Good Idea about list of Callsigns, can everyone who is going, please post your call sign and I'll try to do up a info sheet for everyone.

Not trying to be pain but does anyone know what what type of channel 69 is assigned to? my reference material doesn't have it listed at all.

cheers fnq

Wahoo
19-01-2009, 04:41 PM
I reckon that everyone meet at the camp kitchen say around 6ish brng your own meat and something for the table i.e a salad, bread rolls, bread, chips, dip, etc.

Thats is what i was planning on doing anyway.

Cheers Rod....8-)

Yes, sounds good Rod

Daz

Wahoo
19-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Call sign Wahoo, Wahoo's team name...........lost boyz........ 4 crew
dont know about the other boat thou, would it be to much trouble to sort that one out on the night, as i wont see them any time soon?

levinge
19-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Wahoo No dramas I have left a few spaces on the sheet, do you know the name of the skipper of the crew and or his boats name so that I can put and entry on the sheet

FNQ I had a look on the net and I don't think channel 69 is assigned to anything, correct me if I'm wrong, But I couldn't find an allocation

Wahoo
19-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Wahoo No dramas I have left a few spaces on the sheet, do you know the name of the skipper of the crew and or his boats name so that I can put and entry on the sheet

FNQ I had a look on the net and I don't think channel 69 is assigned to anything, correct me if I'm wrong, But I couldn't find an allocation

skipper is Wayne or Wayneo, at this stage no name on his boat

Daz

levinge
19-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Thanks Daz, getting close now....

Servicing rods and checking gear over the next few days...

Wahoo
19-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks Daz, getting close now....

Servicing rods and checking gear over the next few days...

yes, starting to load things in the boat now, checking things and hopefully not to forget anything......ahhhh just remembered pack raincoat

Daz

Wahoo
19-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Hi Guys...

Scott

Good on ya Scott, thank you so much for doing this

Daz

disorderly
19-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks, Scott, will definately be calling in to him and see whats biting and where, and what's working in the way of lures etc.

No worries Scott..thought you "Isa on the Coast boys"(Thanks daz;);D..that cracks me up..;D) could do with a bit of help...a bit hard just rocking into a new place and expecting to know the best place to get bait and tackle and catch the fish..;)

Good on ya Scott, thank you so much for doing this

Daz

Cheers Daz ..I should have got involved a bit earlier but Brett(Levinge) has been doing such a great job of organizing so its him that should be thanked....just hope everyone has a great weekend and catchs some good fish..:)

......ahhhh just remembered pack raincoat

Daz

yeah, considering we have had some rain pretty much every day this year a raincoat is a very good idea...

Scott

Rod Fishing
19-01-2009, 09:22 PM
yeah, considering we have had some rain pretty much every day this year a raincoat is a very good idea...

Scott

Overated but will bring just so you wont be able to see me.

levinge
19-01-2009, 09:28 PM
You going all G.I. Jane on us there Rod. You know ya sweat twice as bad in the MilSpec Raincoats.

I'll bring the spray jackets but I figure, ya get wet, ya dry....

Rod Fishing
19-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Nah mate not the new gortex ones and they keep you real dry. But i will also bring a spray jacket thats always on the boat if i ever get it back.

Cheers Rod....8-)

matmuller85
19-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Hey levinge what is your top speed on your boat on a really flat day

levinge
19-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Best achieved yet was on Cleveland Bay, had to do a double take and my gps was reading 42kts, it could be possible as I have had it up to 36.5kts in low swell around middle reef area.

If its flat up at Mission I will be throwing her to WOT and see what she will get too when fully trimmed...

Can't wait!!!!

matmuller85
19-01-2009, 10:59 PM
sounds good will go with ya, i got 42kts out of mine with a fresh prop and no canopy

levinge
20-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Gotta say it

3 DAYS TO GO!!!

Scott nthQld
20-01-2009, 01:40 PM
you are all girls taking raincoats....it's just not fishin if ya don't get wet. Besides, if I get crook because of it, it'll be a couple more days off work...lol

Rod Fishing
20-01-2009, 03:40 PM
you are all girls taking raincoats....it's just not fishin if ya don't get wet. Besides, if I get crook because of it, it'll be a couple more days off work...lol

Your gunna get wet then.

Cheers Rod....8-)

Wahoo
20-01-2009, 05:24 PM

haha its not the fishing, its sitting on 80kph getting there, and i can tell ya its a very cold sting

Townsville boys, dont forget the green zone maps if your plotter dont show them, if anyone needs i can pick up 1/2 a dozen maps

Daz

levinge
20-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Might be an idea to pick some up Daz, there will always be a couple of fisho's who leave them on the coffee table on the way out to the car!!!!!

Don't need the raincoat, got a centre cab, my windscreen takes cares of all that nasty stuff. Mind you I will bring it, hate to get wet lifting the anchor TIC. Oh hang on that's the deckies job HEHEHEHEHE