PDA

View Full Version : hooker boats

breamnut
26-09-2008, 08:24 PM
any one had anything to do with these?? saw a few guys up whitsundays with these boats ant they looked very stable and dry.
im looking at the 5m pro fisher with a few changes.
dam why wont my link work

Wahoo
26-09-2008, 08:28 PM
any one had anything to do with these?? saw a few guys up whitsundays with these boats ant they looked very stable and dry.
im looking at the 5m pro fisher with a few changes.
dam why wont my link work

b/m
only thing i dislike on the Hooker boats is the freeboard height, not enough for my liking

Daz

breamnut
26-09-2008, 08:38 PM
was also looking at the new hains 485sf.
yes the hookers looks very nice as an ''alround boat'' but the beam is only 1.85m
were as the hains is 2.05
id say the hooker would be better though the rougher water.
my links wont work so if anyone is familier with the sites can u please put them up as it will be much appreciated
i have been looking for a new boat for a long time but want a boat to fish outside as well as being able to fish the bream tournies and get up the creeks fishin for jack.
topenders are just to expensive for what they are and from all the boats ive been luckey enough to ride in im ready to give aluminium the flick

Kendall249
26-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Hi breamnut, the hookers are a semi-longboat, have narrow beam, but carry more of a Vee than a traditional longboat. Extremely seaworthy boat with self-draining decks and the like. Wouldn't call them them a particularly dry boat, but most open boats aren't all that dry. PM Dick1980 he has a 5m side console he would probably be the best person to speak to.

Cheers kendall

scuttlebutt
27-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Have a look at Cyclones too. 2.18m beam. 22 degree deadrise. Great ride, stable, self draining, dry boat.

Of course I'm biased 'cause I've got one.

cheers,

steve

Dezzer
27-09-2008, 04:46 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=135432&highlight=ninja

sooty_mad
27-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Been in a number of them (all centre consoles) all around the 4.8 to 5 metre mark. Very seaworthy boats but in my opinion the narrow beam makes them a bit tender at rest.
Kind regards... David

breamnut
28-09-2008, 07:23 AM
cheers guys
i have still got a fair amount of reserch to try get that akmost perfect alrounder without spending 30grand plus