PDA

View Full Version : Hey Trev - show us the Skeeter

BigChiefBarra
25-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Trev, been hearing lots about the new pride & joy.

Yet to see any photos of the long awaited beast.

Got any photos ???????????????

NAGG
25-09-2008, 10:05 PM

Got any photos ???????????????

I tried to take a photo of it in the car park ....... & it was still too fast for me ;)

Chris

Awoonga
26-09-2008, 05:29 AM

Got any photos ??????????????? ...In fact no... But l will see what l can do

Big_Ren
26-09-2008, 10:04 AM
...In fact no... But l will see what l can do

Keep that cloak of stealth going Trev8-)

BigChiefBarra
26-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Am sure that I will get to see it in person, one day. Trev spends enough time up there.

I'll just wait to hear that screamin E-Tec and keep an eye out for the rooster tails on the dam..............

Awoonga
28-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Am sure that I will get to see it in person, one day. Trev spends enough time up there.

I'll just wait to hear that screamin E-Tec and keep an eye out for the rooster tails on the dam.............. Rooster tails just waste power...So l fitted a plate to stop that and give better control and handling..As far as a Screaming ETech...Latest 2009 mods fitted to motor...Scream it does ;D ;D ;D ;D

matt fraser
29-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Here's a shot of the inside of the Skeeter.

Note how keen the skipper is on helping me land this fish::) , Just another metery!

Cheers,

Matt

TonyM
29-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Here's a shot of the inside of the Skeeter.

Note how keen the skipper is on helping me land this fish::) , Just another metery!

Cheers,

Matt

Now there's something you don't see every day! ;D

Somehow I think it will be a long long time before I ever think it's just another metery - you blokes might have to watch out, I wonder if it's possible to overdose on the cure for IBD? :-/

Cheers
Tony

Peter4
29-09-2008, 02:04 PM
I just love it!!

Any hook-up in my boat (to a barra of any size) results on all aboard pulling in their lines, getting ready to chase and getting the landing net ready.......

We don't have 1000s of barra to our name so it will be quite awhile before we become this casual!

Awoonga
29-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Landing net ??? the only time l use a net is comp time Just as well... you should see Matty with that net...Swipe ... Swipe... Mr Fraser is good at Making jigheads and catching fish... But with that net.....Swipe ....Put that net in the water Matt and l will swim the fish into it... Swipe,,, swipe... As far as helping him with that fish in the photo...He needed pratice ,,,, catching and landing the fish ...I think it was only a 113

Peter4
29-09-2008, 02:49 PM
only a 113

Understand now........just a baby!;)

matt fraser
29-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Yep - fair enough Trev, my efforts on the net were nothing short of shite! but after about the thirtyith go I started improving! Didn't I? and I didn't actually lose one at the net (through some miracle).

Talk about complacency with big fish and having fun. Once the comp was over, the last night it was every man for themself! and boat against boat. As Trev's Skeeter jossled for postion with Scott's Poly, for prime casting positions it was game on.

The funniest thing was watching Shane trying to fight a metery from the back of Trev's boat, with Scott trying to drive over the line. The Barra was jumping out the other side of Scotts boat at one stage. Shane did manage to land it and it went 111cm

If one person hooked up, everyone else kept fishing until the fish was ready to be sorted out at the boat. This did result in numerous double hook ups and a brief triple.

Cheers,

Matt

NAGG
29-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Landing net ??? the only time l use a net is comp time Just as well... you should see Matty with that net...Swipe ... Swipe... Mr Fraser is good at Making jigheads and catching fish... But with that net.....Swipe ....Put that net in the water Matt and l will swim the fish into it... Swipe,,, swipe... As far as helping him with that fish in the photo...He needed pratice ,,,, catching and landing the fish ...I think it was only a 113

Trev ..... I know you are not exagerating about Matts netting prowess .......... Its available for everyone to see on his Dam Hot (Northern Exposure) DVD ::) What a shocker ;)

Sorry Matt

Chris

Awoonga
29-09-2008, 06:13 PM
That photo reminds me of that guy in the background...You can just see him...poor bloke two boats catching fish after fish...Having a great old time.. he was only 25 meters away and never even got a touch... As we left l gave him a Hollowbelly and said try this...

matt fraser
29-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Thanks for dragging that one up Nagg! When all else fails - go the gill grip!;)

Its just barra I'm hopeless with, honest!

My only defence is that Scott and Trev go so hard on them all the way to the boat, the fish are still green as!

Getting back to Trev's Skeeter, that foil really works well. I been in a few skeeters/stratos/Tritons and most of them are pigs to get up on the plane. But Trev's is sweet as! And it flies! Just gotta watch out for tinnies with NO LIGHTS - hey Trev:-/

Matt

NAGG
30-09-2008, 06:09 AM
Thanks for dragging that one up Nagg! When all else fails - go the gill grip!;)

Its just barra I'm hopeless with, honest!

My only defence is that Scott and Trev go so hard on them all the way to the boat, the fish are still green as!

Getting back to Trev's Skeeter, that foil really works well. I been in a few skeeters/stratos/Tritons and most of them are pigs to get up on the plane. But Trev's is sweet as! And it flies! Just gotta watch out for tinnies with NO LIGHTS - hey Trev:-/

Matt

Hi Matt ....... Certain things stick in my mind over the years & considering I love that DVD ........Well - I just shake my head when I get to that scene::)

sorry Mate ....... but I just couldn't help myself!;)

Chris