PDA

View Full Version : Hinchinbrook From Lucinda

matmuller85
25-09-2008, 09:18 PM
I am looking to get a few ppl and boats together to attack the hinchinbrook area do some serious fishing and crabbing. If anyone is interested i have been a few times and camped at the caravan park A1 spot with the pub close by for the best meal in NQ, Drop me a line if you think you might be interested.

major-defect
26-09-2008, 05:14 AM
Tempting but my boat trailer is starting to look a bit dodgey and I'm not game to go that far.Hopefully I'll have a new one by xmas,until then I'll just have to put in here.

matmuller85
26-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Where abouts are you based ???? Might be able to help with the boat trailer. I have just started my own business doing mobile trailer repairs

Scott nthQld
26-09-2008, 09:18 AM
G'day mate,

I'd be interested, but not for a while, with my charter coming up and plenty of bills this month (again) I'll be doing some hard core penny pinching. Still need some new tyres for the boat trailer too, and the bearings probably need some attention, they haven't been done in a long time. Let us know when you plan to go.

How'd you go in the Bohle the other day? Did you end up with any crabs? I got 1000's of them but all were jenny's or undersize, 1 pot was nearly chockers, with crabs crawling oover each other trying to get out.

Scott nthQld
26-09-2008, 09:18 AM
G'day mate,

I'd be interested, but not for a while, with my charter coming up and plenty of bills this month (again) I'll be doing some hard core penny pinching. Still need some new tyres for the boat trailer too, and the bearings probably need some attention, they haven't been done in a long time. Let us know when you plan to go.

How'd you go in the Bohle the other day? Did you end up with any crabs? I got 1000's of them but all were jenny's or undersize, 1 pot was nearly chockers, with crabs crawling oover each other trying to get out.

STUIE63
26-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Matt I'll keep an eye on this thread I might be able to get away and take the trailer queen for a run . if you want a feed up that way go to the Halifax hotel Kerries Kitchen they used to run a bus for pick up and drop off don't know if they still do ring and ask 47 777 436
Stuie

ferrett
30-09-2008, 06:32 PM
hey matt, havent done to much fishing up there not for a long time anyway, I might just hitch with you then hey? last year i took my boat up there with my not so trusty evinrude (shouldve left it there), since upgraded but i have a few apparent good spots up there i have yet to fish.

goddy100
01-10-2008, 06:20 AM
I'm certainly interested, when were you thinking of?

Goddy

TheRealAndy
01-10-2008, 08:37 AM
I will be up that way November 15-23 and will be fishing Lucinda. I am taking my boat so always interested in tagging along with some skilled locals

levinge
01-10-2008, 08:44 AM
Sounds interesting Matt, when you thinkin of doing it...Wouldn't mind attacking the deep water from there.....

ferrett
01-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Hey brett I know you like to have fun with GT's, last year i went up there and fished the seahound wreck and that was good fun. Plenty of undersized nannys get smahed by sharks and those big gt's you love so much, could nearly hand feed these big boys.........

Richard
06-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Yeah I'll be up there from the 17th-23rd November as well. There'll be about 4 of us up there already so give me a yell if you get something organised

Richard

madman1
08-10-2008, 11:39 AM
I'll try and twist the wifes arm for a trip. Funny this thread came up I was thinking of Lucinda just yesterday. A mates brother was up there last month and absolutely cleaned up on reefies. Not too sure as to how far out they went but I am waiting on the full report and GPS points!!