PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Townsville 6-17 October

Fish'n Junky
25-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi Guys!
I'm going to be in Townsville from the 6th - 17th of October.
I've never visited before, but work is flying me up there, giving me a hire car etc, So I figured I'd be mad not to take a rod or two.
What sort of gear (light/heavy?) will I need, and keeping in mind I'll mostly be land based, can anyone suggest places to try?
I haven't done much fresh water fishing, but plenty in the salt.
I will be there for the weekend 11th-12th. Perhaps a charter on that weekend or if possible a trip with an ausfisher?
Happy to contribute towards fuel, etc, as well as help clean up.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
:-)

ronnien
25-09-2008, 04:03 PM
hi mate

cant help with a trip (cairns 5- 13 oct).
but you got a few landbase spots, the rockpool, pallaranda, the breakwall, as well as a few creeks.dont know what sort of fishing you are going to do so i'll say something around 30 lb would do.

ron.

Scott nthQld
25-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Yeah, 20-30lb will cover most of your bases, with something lighter for the smaller species.

I might be able to help you out with a trip that weekend, depending what the weather does, there won't be much run, but I'd rather go fishing than sit at home doing nothing. If I take you out, depending where we go, I might be able to help you out with a lend of some heavier gear.

Pity you couldn't get the 17th off (Friday), I've organised a reef charter going for a day trip.

Fish'n Junky
26-09-2008, 07:28 AM
Pity you couldn't get the 17th off (Friday), I've organised a reef charter going for a day trip.

That would be great, but I fly back either that day or late thursday night, depending upon the work.:-[

Thanks heaps for the offer Scott, I'll take you up on it if it pans out.
I'll PM you my contact number.

Thanks again!

Fish'n Junky
06-10-2008, 09:22 AM
A late change of plans means the trip is cancelled.. :-(
Oh well.. I have a new offshore outfit now :-)

Thanks all!