View Full Version : Australian National Maritime Museum - Waiben

BrewGuru
25-09-2008, 04:24 AM
sumFrom: ARHV@anmm.gov.au [mailto:ARHV@anmm.gov.au]
Sent: Fri

To: Ed xxxxxx
Subject: Waiben accepted onto ARHV

Ed,

Good news, Waiben has been accepted onto the ARHV by the ARHV Council, it will appear on the website in about 10 days, when we do the next refresh of the site,

regards

David

David Payne

Curator, Australian Register of Historic Vessels

Australian National Maritime Museum

2 Murray Street
Darling Harbour

www.anmm.gov.au (http://www.anmm.gov.au/)

GPO Box 5131

Sydney NSW 2001 Australia

Phone: 02 9298 3875

Tuesdays to Thursdays

TimiBoy
25-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Congratulations. She is a lovely looking little Ship, I would love to see her one day!

Cheers,

Tim

Benno1
25-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Congratulations Brew!!!...what an honour...i for one will be taking a few peeks whens added to their website :D

Mrs Benno1

BrewGuru
25-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I am very proud to own such as a vessel and I am also honoured that she has been accepted as apart of not only QLD Maritime history, but National Maratime history and as long as I am able, she will always be well maintained for future generations.

BrewGuru
30-09-2008, 08:07 PM
she made graduation today!!!!!!

www.anmm.gov.au (http://www.anmm.gov.au)

then

collections and research

then

Australian Register of Historic Vessels

then

Enter Here

then

Vessel List

then page 27

devendiva
02-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Wow reading this brought back some memories. My weekend job when I was at high school (20 + years ago) was working at Ray and Val Goldstone's slipway / boatyard. I worked on Waiben for years and can take credit for sanding the inside of just about every plank of her. I finished school and moved away before I ever got to see her finished.

I have seen inside her and she is very solid. Ray was a master craftsman too and everything was done with the utmost care and attention.

Chris Ryan
03-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Congrats Brew. A great honour for you and your vessel.

Fancy, I know a guy that owns a boat on the National Maritime Museum register!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend.

Chris