PDA

View Full Version : Nagg wins The inagural Mondy Muster Mikooh award

mikooh
24-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Ok guys n girls,

As everyone has returned from thr Muster now (I think) It is time to decide who will take home the coveted "Mikooh" award for bad luck....

From the reports so far I think we are down to 4 serious contenders:

Darylive (Daryl) For having no luck at all (His report nealy made me cry:'( ....well almost)

Nagg (Chris) For trying every way possible to wreck his car & boat... and cause himself serious harm:hammer: :hammer: ... while off the water.

Mighty Whitey For having to contend with Nagg's antics over the week.

Black sheep (Navi) For throwing away Vins favorite combo..and then trying to claim him as a PB.

Voting will only be open to Mondy Muster attendee's... to keep it fair..And the winner will be anounced as soon as everyone has had their say!
So post your votes in this thread and ill keep a tally

If anyone else is in serious contention...Please let me know so they can be added to the list.

Mick

Edit: As a few have voted for both Nagg & MW, I will allocate half a vote to each of them, just to keep a level playing field..I'm sure they will share them..if they win..;) ;)

TonyM
24-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Talk about fierce competition between these two blokes!

It's a very tough call although my vote goes to NAGG (by a Monkeys whisker!)

And good on you Mick for donating the prize!

Cheers
Tony

mikooh
24-09-2008, 09:10 AM
I trawled through the MM post (back to page 60...geez!!) and found the attendance list:

Updated attendance list
Friday to Sunday - Whitto, TropicalTrout, Nipsta, Deano68, Callop, Stiffworm
Friday to Tuesday - Nagg, MightyWhitey
Saturday to Monday - FinFinder, Navi, Vin, Ben, Big_Ren
Sunday to Friday - Roo, The Missus, Chewy01
Blowins - SteveB, Foxie, Obi-wan, Seeking barradise, Darylive

(But I notice that TonyM is not on it, so there could be other omissions)

These are the eligable voters- ill mark them off as the votes come in

Mick

Running Tally

Darylive:4.5
Nagg:8.5
Mighty Whitey: 2.5
Black sheep:0

Big_Ren
24-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Mick

My vote......Nagg and Mighty Whitey as joint winners by a long stretch (Mondy to Sydney).......not that they need any lucky lures;D

Cheers
Paul

Obi _ Wan
24-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Mick, good stuff mate, great to see the mateship flowing and growing, i won't miss out next time!

Now on your list of attendee's, i think you have missed Lyndon (Seekingbarradise).

And Blowin's, what about me????? I dropped in on Friday, said g'day to Nagg and Whitey, also meet Whitto and his lad, just missed Nipsta and mate who had gone fishing. Was there for about an hour, no drama's if you consider i wasn't there long enough.

Cheers,
John.

fin finder
24-09-2008, 11:06 AM
my vote will go to nagg even if i didnt get to catch up i can feel your pain in the 16 hr drive gazza

mikooh
24-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Mick, good stuff mate, great to see the mateship flowing and growing, i won't miss out next time!

Now on your list of attendee's, i think you have missed Lyndon (Seekingbarradise).

And Blowin's, what about me????? I dropped in on Friday, said g'day to Nagg and Whitey, also meet Whitto and his lad, just missed Nipsta and mate who had gone fishing. Was there for about an hour, no drama's if you consider i wasn't there long enough.

Cheers,
John.

John, If you were there then you get to vote. I have added you and Lyndon to the list.

Thanks

Mick

darylive
24-09-2008, 12:12 PM
For what it is worth Nagg and Whitey get my vote. Split it :P.

Wholey crap my weekend was Disarster the ultra sound did show a tear in my arm but fair dinkum you blokes win.

My only concern is how much trouble you could get in with all those trebles. For Fox sake be care ful! ;)

black_sheep
24-09-2008, 01:40 PM
My vote would have to be Nagg.

We did have an incident - Vin had just gotten over the loss of a combo overboard back in January :'( after a barra hit him at the boat. He consequently went duck diving to no avail:( .

On Sunday, I managed to cast another one of his combos straight in the drink:-X . Still showing emotional scares from his last loss, Vin had no hesitations whatsoever in jumping in again. I just watched it sink ::) . I did think I hooked it with my lure but that turned out to be Vins leg:o 8-) .

However, after a solid hour of duck diving, Vin eventually snagged the blank with his toes and recovered his Wheezer stick and Luna. In all the commotion and frenzy, Vin did manage to lose his tidal/moon watch overboard - Big Ren and Ben made sure he was reminded of it by asking him the time every hour.

To Vins credit, he did take it pretty well!!

I won't go into Paul's orchestral efforts on Sunday nite that would have made a skunk dry reach>:( nor will I go into his encore performance:o ;D .

Big_Ren
24-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Navi

I was tuning my lures and perhaps, just perhaps, I overtuned them:o A little trouser cough never hurt anyone you know;) Thought for just one moment I was a Hawthorn supporter;)

Lol....great effort again with Vin's combo.....don't know how you do it. The Rod Abuser has struck again.......it's more economical doing it with someone else's gear isn't it mate;D Remember mate, you only have to strike hard after the lure hits the water, not before you even cast.

black_sheep
24-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Very controlled response mate! That’s the diplomatic journo coming out in ya.

As for Vin, he was surprisingly calm about the whole thing, even after being in the drink for an hour. Pretty close to 5pm so it would have been a bit refreshing. I also forgot to mention that when I was doing figure 8’s with my rod trying to snag his combo, I accidentally hooked him in the leg :o – does that mean I got off my donut with a 180cm;D .

NAGG
24-09-2008, 02:22 PM

As for Vin, he was surprisingly calm about the whole thing, even after being in the drink for an hour. Pretty close to 5pm so it would have been a bit refreshing. I also forgot to mention that when I was doing figure 8’s with my rod trying to snag his combo, I accidentally hooked him in the leg :o – does that mean I got off my donut with a 180cm;D .

Now this is what I call a double act;D

Chris

darylive
24-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Seems to me the Nagg adventure is just what the Hard luck award is about.

:-/

Trying to take the edge off unforeseen problems that come up regardless of all the good planning put in. Some minor compensation for unexpected expenses and recognition from your mates for the hassles you had.

:-*

Or more so because all enjoy a good laugh at some ones else s expense and can thank god it was not us; because we are not in a position to do any more we all get some satisfaction in thinking we may have made some contribution to make you feel better.

;D

We all know Nagg was the initiator of the Muster and had been planning the trip for longer than any of us. This together with his vast experience in planning fishing expeditions goes to prove despite planning, experience and attention to detail S#it happens.

:P

Detail, what detail? How the hell did the bloody winch bar become detached. Perhaps we should be looking at getting you a bloody spanner mate. I nominate NAGG for handing out the spanner award next year for the bloke who has to admit "I prolly should have looked at that" :D

It is good to hear you had a great trip besides all the dramas and it makes the whole thing more interesting for the rest of us to hear what could have happened. I feel much better now. I haven't got the bill from the auto electrician yet but at least my little rig came back in one piece. 8-)

It makes you realise no matter how bad things are they can always get worse. :(

Big_Ren
24-09-2008, 03:19 PM

Yes thanks Nav......

Ben, Steve B and I thought it was quite amusing to see poor old Vin in the water fully clothed desperately duck-diving for his invaluable Wheezer combo.

What was even more ironic was seeing you having a stretch and a big yawn in the boat with your shirt off trying to catch a tan (not that you need one ::) ) and you were the guilty one who caused all this to happen;D ;D ;D I think we all said to one another (after we found out what had happened): Is there something really strange about this picture???

Cheers
Paul

darylive
24-09-2008, 03:27 PM
WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH
THE TOUGH GO FISHING!

You have to be tough to survive our bloody fishing trips!

PMSL ;D

Just give it to NAGG

mikooh
24-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Just give it to NAGG

Very diplomatic of you Daryl, But if we did that then we might miss out on a few more funny stories like Black_Sheep's:-[ :-[ ...this stuff is classic:LMAO:

Mick

black_sheep
24-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Paul, the fact that you guys were 20mtrs away and didn't hear Vin's 9.8 dive into the water is a testimony to how serious he is about 'STEALTH';) .

The only reason I didn't jump in mate was cause Vin needs the practise (in case I do it again) and my skinny lil black arse would have been like a gollywog biscuit to a barra ;D (let alone the Bunyips that are in Mondy).

Big_Ren
24-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Paul, the fact that you guys were 20mtrs away and didn't hear Vin's 9.8 dive into the water is a testimony to how serious he is about 'STEALTH';) .

The only reason I didn't jump in mate was cause Vin needs the practise (in case I do it again) and my skinny lil black arse would have been like a gollywog biscuit to a barra ;D (let alone the Bunyips that are in Mondy).

We did hear a big BOOF, but just thought you boys were clowning around in the boat;D We also thought we heard the garbled voice of someone swearing very loudly underwater.

Don't blame you for not wanting to jump in. Remember what my pet barra Wheel did to your finger when you teased him:o :o

darylive
24-09-2008, 05:00 PM
GOOD POINT MIKE ;D
Very diplomatic of you Daryl, But if we did that then we might miss out on a few more funny stories like Black_Sheep's:-[ :-[ ...this stuff is classic:LMAO:

Mick
GOOD POINT MIKE ;D
It was certianly not my intention to cut short the story telling :gossip:.

Either way I think a spanner award might be worth a thought and who better to pick it than the first bloke in history to loose the whole bloody winch bar and nearly the boat !

My trip was a bastard don't worry about that :huh2:and I am still paying bills and in pain :wreck:but you have to acknowledge true Carnage and Chaos when it comes to light :end: there would have been some great conversations in that truck I can just imagine NAGGS head the poor bugger :bomb: What Now?

Well If you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

NAGG AND MIGHTY WHITEY
THE COCKROACH CREW
THAT'S WHO:tekst-toppie:

GREAT WORK BLOKES. HEY CAN YOU GET ONE OF THOSE HEAD CAMS LIKE LES'S FOR YOUR TRIP. WE ALL WANT TO WATCH THE LIVE ACTION :LOL:

:shadow:

Whitto
24-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Imagine if all these incidents were captured on video.......:LMAO: it's always funnier at someone else's expense.....To Rav and Vin it maybe worth tethering your rods to the boat with say 10mts of builders cord..at least you can just haul the rod back in;D I guess the upside is that Vin had his bath and washed his clothes in one fowl swoop::).......At the end of the day I have to give my vote to Nagg purely based on his near death experience on a number of level's and his contribution to Roo culling and Monkey avoidence 8-) Cheers Whitto

NAGG
24-09-2008, 06:35 PM

Mick

I agree with you Mick ..... let it play out , this is a hoot!

Detail, what detail? How the hell did the bloody winch bar become detached. Perhaps we should be looking at getting you a bloody spanner mate. I nominate NAGG for handing out the spanner award next year for the bloke who has to admit "I prolly should have looked at that" :D

Now Daryl ........ dont give me greif ! The two U bolts were sheared / snapped / broken & generally Fu@&e6 .......... & my trailer is a heavy duty one ::)
Not what I expected ....... but now I'm going to do the U bolts on the underside + start using a couple of turnbuckles!

Mind you ...... The roads that we travelled , some of them were pretty damn shitehouse:(

Chris

mikooh
24-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Mind you ...... The roads that we travelled , some of them were pretty damn shitehouse:(

Chris
Shitehouse is putting it lightly Chris. I belive that it is IMPOSSIBLE to wear out a set of trailer tyres between Gundy and Moonie, as they only touch the bitumen every 10 meters or so....

On the bright side, you wont have to deal with these dilemas next year

Mick

NAGG
24-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Shitehouse is putting it lightly Chris. I belive that it is IMPOSSIBLE to wear out a set of trailer tyres between Gundy and Moonie, as they only touch the bitumen every 10 meters or so....

On the bright side, you wont have to deal with these dilemas next year

Mick

That's just about right Mick ...... & yes 2009 will be the start of something beautiful ;D

Chris

BR65
24-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Hey Nav, I would have given a million to watch what you described, thats gold.

Chris, isnt there some crappy saying about "its not the destination, but the journey there" or something similar??
The best trips are allways those that are recalled over a beer , after the memory dims a little, "remember that time........."

cheers
brian

NAGG
24-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Hey Nav, I would have given a million to watch what you described, thats gold.

Chris, isnt there some crappy saying about "its not the destination, but the journey there" or something similar??
The best trips are allways those that are recalled over a beer , after the memory dims a little, "remember that time........."

cheers
brian

Brian ...... I used to think that way about my ex :oops: ;)

Yeh mate ...... It is the whole package Planning , prep , road trip , fishing , camping , bush telly , drinking ........ meeting others & unfortunately the trip home ( which is when we start planning the next one:P )

Chris

Steve B
24-09-2008, 09:12 PM
My vote goes to Chris....I have been on trips where trailers have had multiple problems and it gives you the S$%ts...not to mention $$$$.

I just cant get my head around the fact you hit every native creature on the road, you trailer basiclly imploded and NOT EVEN ONE BIRD FEATHER TOUCHED THE QUINNY!!!....WHAT HAPPENED.....ITS UNHARMED.......spoil a mans fun;);D

;Dcheers steve

NAGG
25-09-2008, 06:10 AM
My vote goes to Chris....I have been on trips where trailers have had multiple problems and it gives you the S$%ts...not to mention $$$$.

I just cant get my head around the fact you hit every native creature on the road, you trailer basiclly imploded and NOT EVEN ONE BIRD FEATHER TOUCHED THE QUINNY!!!....WHAT HAPPENED.....ITS UNHARMED.......spoil a mans fun;);D

;Dcheers steve

Hey Steve ...... You did notice that I never went anywhere near Bird Bay & I gave you the only stray feather that I found.:D

cheers

Chris

NAGG
25-09-2008, 06:20 AM
Now ..... Casting my vote , I would have just about bet $$ that Nav & Vin would have been red hot certs for the Mikooh ...... I must say they still put in a show.

However - Daryl does deserve my vote .....

Chris

black_sheep
25-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Brian - you too right mate. Those tri[ps that go smoothly are the least memorable. The ones that are riddled with 'murphy's law' are the ones you never forget - we've had a fair share.

In fact, Foxie still gives us heaps after our first few trips to Mondy when we would arrive with missing trailer rollers, collapsed bearings, broken welds, things missing..........................you get the picture.

Mate, if we had 'head cams' on all day, we win funniest home videos every week.

Maybe that's what keeps us going back, not the barra :)

Big_Ren
25-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Foxie still gives us heaps after our first few trips to Mondy when we would arrive with missing trailer rollers, collapsed bearings, broken welds, things missing....

Mate, if we had 'head cams' on all day, we win funniest home videos every week
:)

Nav...you mean things like seat covers, rods, bungs (Ben;D ). You know we couldn't wear head cams in the X Stream mate......nothing more certain than they'd end up in the drink from one of your wayward casting efforts;D ;D . Still the bro's of darkness crack me up every time I am on a boat with them...their verbal jousts are a sight to behold::)

Cheers
Paul

black_sheep
25-09-2008, 02:33 PM
It's all PLANNED for your entertainment mate!!

I must say Gaz and Dale aren't far behind.

Big_Ren
25-09-2008, 03:06 PM
;D ;D I am VERY well entertained then.

chewy01
25-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Ok guys,ill chuck a vote chris' way.Struggling on in th face of adversity.And for having to tell MW continuously that he still had his fish on...:) :)

nipsta
25-09-2008, 04:23 PM
my vote goes to naggs and whitey as i can relate to a trip like that as i crashed the car that trip back in januray up on hill side when i was heading to the other dirt ramp as every one has probly seen the bolards knock down and i still caught barra so to go through all that they did and catch fish and survive yous deserve it
:o

Peter4
25-09-2008, 04:43 PM
my vote goes to naggs and whitey as i can relate to a trip like that as i crashed the car that trip back in januray up on hill side when i was heading to the other dirt ramp as every one has probly seen the bolards knock down and i still caught barra so to go through all that they did and catch fish and survive yous deserve it
:o

I remember seeing the busted bollards in Feb. Lucky you didn't go all the way through as it is a steep drop and I reckon there would be no more nipsta if you did!

nipsta
25-09-2008, 05:09 PM
yes was a close call and then the next month i had a trip plan first one in the new car and i was out in spot x and my back gave way and end the trip early:'( i was a unhappy chappy

DEANO68
25-09-2008, 05:19 PM
hi mick and fellow muster attendees,,just back from a week long wedding,and caught up on all reports,,still throwing my vote daryls way , loved that report and could just imagine daryl writing it with one hand, cursing, out loud,,luv it...good work daryl...:D ...also well done chris and whitey,,was close but you two got fish
and daryl did not...;)

NAGG
25-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Ok guys,ill chuck a vote chris' way.Struggling on in th face of adversity.And for having to tell MW continuously that he still had his fish on...:) :)

So you heard my instructions:shout: He's a shocker ......... but he now has learnt to BACK THE DRAG OFF! when he is starting to get bricked :) ...... i really should keep my mouth shut ;)

Cheers

Chris

chewy01
25-09-2008, 06:32 PM
guys got a proxy vote from roo n kim for daryl. they now have a computer but no broadband :)

STIFFWORM
25-09-2008, 08:21 PM
After reading most of the chit chat on this site my vote goes to NAGand MW. Sounds like a real adventure to me.A trip theyll never forget.What more can 1 ask 4 in a fishing holiday? its starting 2 sound like goodluck. Honorable mention goes 2 black sheep those 2 crack me up. Looking forward 2 the next muster.Cheers Les

eotbmg
25-09-2008, 08:29 PM
We did hear a big BOOF, but just thought you boys were clowning around in the boat;D We also thought we heard the garbled voice of someone swearing very loudly underwater.

Don't blame you for not wanting to jump in. Remember what my pet barra Wheel did to your finger when you teased him:o :o

It sort of sounded like Kamahl drowning!!
Ben

Big_Ren
25-09-2008, 08:59 PM
It sort of sounded like Kamahl drowning!!
Ben

Why is Navi so UNKIND;D;D;D;D????

eotbmg
25-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Hey Paul,
I am going to have to keep my wits about me in Oct/Nov. Dont want to return home 2 or 3 rods lighter, or a phone missing, or like a drowned rat. Hasnt he learned anything about what we have taught him!!!!!
Ben

black_sheep
26-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Ben, if you coming on board with me, I'd suggest you buy some PFD's - for your rods and bring a wet suit - I've packed the snorkel;D .

nipsta
26-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Hey Paul,
I am going to have to keep my wits about me in Oct/Nov. Dont want to return home 2 or 3 rods lighter, or a phone missing, or like a drowned rat. Hasnt he learned anything about what we have taught him!!!!!
Ben
when in novemebr are you planning ben im going the 8th till the 1th and i might get a few days out of the chief yet extra im trying anyway

chewy01
26-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Hey Ben check out this link, it may come in handy if you want to return home with all your gear. You may even want to grab a couple to hang on vin and navi :)
http://blog.pcnews.ro/2006/09/18/self-inflating-key-ring/

darylive
27-09-2008, 12:14 AM

Chris[/quote]

Yeh mate once you leave Sydeney the roads get a little rougher hey.

Turnbuckles are the go mate! Tie 'em down tight, good suspension and big wheels and tyres.

NAGG
27-09-2008, 07:53 AM

Chris

Yeh mate once you leave Sydeney the roads get a little rougher hey.

Turnbuckles are the go mate! Tie 'em down tight, good suspension and big wheels and tyres.[/quote]

Unfortunately Daryl ...... The worst roads were north of Goondiwindi::) But hey we choose this route in preference to the New England via Toowoomba ....... We do 16hours back from Awoonga Vs 16 hours to Mondy (New Eng Hwy) .......

I'm picking the trailer up today after its rebuild & will introduce a few turnbuckles. I've got a big trip (& then some) again in 6 weeks time ( Sydney to Proserpine ........ now thats a haul:P ......... all because if IBD;)

Chris

darylive
27-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Yeh mate turnbuckles are the go. Then a rope through the turnbuckle around the bollard to ensure the turnbuckle doesn't unwind.

Tie the mutha down! Tie the mutha down! Could be a song in that? ;D.

So what was the go? The u bolts were rubbish or just gave up from movement probably hey?

When do you set up camp in Gods Country? You might as well it seems you spend no time in Sydney any way.

DEANO68
27-09-2008, 08:28 AM
when in novemebr are you planning ben im going the 8th till the 1th and i might get a few days out of the chief yet extra im trying anyway

hey simon, might be sneaking up that weekend also, let you know later, but no late nites ok.....;)

NAGG
27-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Yeh mate turnbuckles are the go. Then a rope through the turnbuckle around the bollard to ensure the turnbuckle doesn't unwind.

Tie the mutha down! Tie the mutha down! Could be a song in that? ;D.

So what was the go? The u bolts were rubbish or just gave up from movement probably hey?

When do you set up camp in Gods Country? You might as well it seems you spend no time in Sydney any way.

Tie the mutha down ...... by Queen right !

Mate the U Bolts (both of them) sheared away .......... but lets face it , in 22 months - that boat & trailer has been towed around 18,000 km over some pretty bad roads ......... i'm going to do the U bolts on the axle soon

I'll be in Brisvegas in January

Chris

SeekingBarradise
27-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Hi guys good to see more friendly banter between the IBD boys and girls.

As for those boat trailers well i think we have been getting rippeed off for ages. Nobody has been really testing them like IBD fisho's do so many haven't had to pick their game up.

I reckon boat and trailer companies have relied on the average person taking the boat out 2 times a year with the average trip being a 50km max round trip.

The amount of times i've heard of winches, supporting arms, axles etc etc bolts, D-shackles snapping off and even welds failing terribly is amazing and pretty unsafe.

A few people have ended up with boats flying upside down and have ended up on the side of the road lucky to be alive. Even with heavy duty trailers that cost an arm and a leg.

I' ve suggested many a time to Awoonga and Monduran to start up a boat storage area so we travelling anglers don't have to tow our boats back every month of few weeks. At the end of the day this will end up costing us thousands in fuel and repairs. If boats are stored we can then make more trips which will result in more money being spent at each dam. Good business.

For the bad luck Award my vote is split between Daryl & Nagg/Mightey Whitey.

Nagg and Mightey whitey lived the Aussie Dream - trips like this one are Gold well done guys it was a pleasure to finally catching up. Many more trips to come in the future.

Cheers Lyndon.

NAGG
28-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi guys good to see more friendly banter between the IBD boys and girls.

As for those boat trailers well i think we have been getting rippeed off for ages. Nobody has been really testing them like IBD fisho's do so many haven't had to pick their game up.

I reckon boat and trailer companies have relied on the average person taking the boat out 2 times a year with the average trip being a 50km max round trip.

The amount of times i've heard of winches, supporting arms, axles etc etc bolts, D-shackles snapping off and even welds failing terribly is amazing and pretty unsafe.

A few people have ended up with boats flying upside down and have ended up on the side of the road lucky to be alive. Even with heavy duty trailers that cost an arm and a leg.

I' ve suggested many a time to Awoonga and Monduran to start up a boat storage area so we travelling anglers don't have to tow our boats back every month of few weeks. At the end of the day this will end up costing us thousands in fuel and repairs. If boats are stored we can then make more trips which will result in more money being spent at each dam. Good business.

For the bad luck Award my vote is split between Daryl & Nagg/Mightey Whitey.

Nagg and Mightey whitey lived the Aussie Dream - trips like this one are Gold well done guys it was a pleasure to finally catching up. Many more trips to come in the future.

Cheers Lyndon.

Totally agree on the trailer issue Lyndon
I had a trailer specially made ....... rated at 50% higher than required , with bigger wheels , springs , axle & box tube !
Even with this ........ I've had a weld fail & the Winch post U bolts shear ........ + the inappropriate use of fragile plastic guards .......... Not good:(

As you said .....more appropriate for the few times a year boater than a traveling one
Chris

darylive
28-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Yes! Even for mine it was difficult to find a trailer that had any credibility. I had to source one manufactured to heavier specs.

I suppose there are plenty who only go to the ramp down the road though and can't afford to spend a lot hey but the standard leaves a lot to be desired. :-/

Nagg! I envy a bloke who has done so many fishing trips in a few months that he wears stuff out on a heavy duty trailer! ::)

Poor Bastard! And it seems he is never home long. Just to do a few repairs.

The lucky bastard! ;D

Maybe there is a market for some heavy duty poly guards Chris :P.

Mind you I will stick with the ol' checker plate

nipsta
28-09-2008, 09:01 PM
hey simon, might be sneaking up that weekend also, let you know later, but no late nites ok.....;)

yeah no worries dean i wil have th better half and little one with me so ill fine yep keep informed we have camps right near the kitchen but powered sites this time ill be taking a fan ok catch ya soon

Obi _ Wan
28-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Sorry Guys & Gals, Almost forgot to vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After some serious thought i narrowed it down to two groups.

Daryl, Bloody lucky there! what a storey and just how much can happen, all in a short space of time, bloody lucky hey?

Nagg and Mighty Whitey, Well not everyone gets to travel;l through an African Safari park on their way to an IBD Clinic and not every one does a dive on to a boat ramp worth 9.7 as i am told, even if Whitey pushed him? and the trip home,----- bloody hell the things nightmares are made from.

(With this trailer failing and my trip to Faust starting in 5 days i have fitted chains to my winch post, one forward and one back, just to tie the Mutha down!!!!!)

The vote very very close,-----------but i will have to place it with Nagg and Mighty Whitey, bloody lucky!!!!!

Cheers,
John.

mikooh
29-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Ok Guys & Girls,

It looks like most have cast their vote.....Nagg has a 4 point lead over Darylive....at this point I would say he is going to take home the Mikooh...
Just to ensure that everyone has ample opportuinty to have their say, I'll leave voting open till 6:00PM today. So if your name is on the list on page 1, and is not in red, you have the rest of the day put your 2 bob in

On a side note, I took my boat round to a mates place yesterday arvo to rebuild the ally where the winch strap attaches to the front of the boat, as it had worn down a fair bit due to doing more K's on the trailer than in the water.....only to find that the horizontal part of the winch post (the piece that the winch actually bolts to) had 3 out of 4 welds cracked:o :o . We rebuilt it with a thicker back plate and gussets on each side....But it could quite easily ended in disaster half way to Awoonga on Saturday....So thanks Nagg, your troubles may have inadvertently saved me from the same fate!;)

Mick

NAGG
29-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Ok Guys & Girls,

It looks like most have cast their vote.....Nagg has a 4 point lead over Darylive....at this point I would say he is going to take home the Mikooh...
Just to ensure that everyone has ample opportuinty to have their say, I'll leave voting open till 6:00PM today. So if your name is on the list on page 1, and is not in red, you have the rest of the day put your 2 bob in

On a side note, I took my boat round to a mates place yesterday arvo to rebuild the ally where the winch strap attaches to the front of the boat, as it had worn down a fair bit due to doing more K's on the trailer than in the water.....only to find that the horizontal part of the winch post (the piece that the winch actually bolts to) had 3 out of 4 welds cracked:o :o . We rebuilt it with a thicker back plate and gussets on each side....But it could quite easily ended in disaster half way to Awoonga on Saturday....So thanks Nagg, your troubles may have inadvertently saved me from the same fate!;)

Mick

Mick & everyone ......... The whole trailer thing was a bit of a wake up call & one which should be learnt from. I do a fair bit of prep work for these trips & we still almost came a cropper
So my tips are .......
Carry spare U bolts for your winch post & springs ( we had difficulty in obtaining the right size bolts in Sydney)
Safety strap .... front & rear ....... or use turnbuckles
Carry some thick rope ..... just in case
Pump your spare tyre up

Bearings ( new yearly & repack 6 monthly) ..... I rebuild before each major trip.

Check welds

Winch cable ..... check it ( we broke 50mm webbing on the return from Awoonga last March .... 16 months old)

Anyhow ..... sounds basic & obvious , but keep it in mind

Cheers

Chris

mikooh
29-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Another tip- If using turnbuckles, put a lock nut on each one or they will come loose, no matter how tight you do them up!

Mick

mikooh
29-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Its now official...

NAGG takes home the MIKOOH for the 2008 Mondy Muster!!!

Congratulations Chris. A well deserved award.. and commiserations to the other entrants..theres always next year;) ;)

Drop me a PM with your details and i'll send out the silverware

Mick

BR65
29-09-2008, 06:35 PM
congrats Chris

Whitto
29-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Well done Chris.....Congratulations...I know u will put them to good use......or will you.....Ill give you a Carton of XXXX Gold and a 4pak of Turkey.....U see where Im coming from Nagg...I wonder if it will take off;D

NAGG
29-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Its now official...

NAGG takes home the MIKOOH for the 2008 Mondy Muster!!!

Congratulations Chris. A well deserved award.. and commiserations to the other entrants..theres always next year;) ;)

Drop me a PM with your details and i'll send out the silverware

Mick

Yipeee :2vrolijk_08:

I'm speechless, & & & this is so unexpected ::)

I just want to thank GOD! - for allowing me to live to see this award .........
My fishing mate MIGHTY WHITEY for all of his discouragement , ..... To all of the Musterers who voted me the "Biggest Looser" .........
& of course Mikooh for his ultimate generosity + the insight to create "The Mikooh"

& to Daryl for offering such stiff competition:smash:

Finally ..... May the reins be passed on to someone else in 2009:beer:

I drink to you all

Chris

chewy01
29-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Nice one chris...just a quick update on the roo and kim report.. kim is currently typing,roo is dictating... at the speed they are progressing it may be posted this time next week...at this rate both their fish will be 125 by the time its up :) :) :
)

DEANO68
29-09-2008, 07:14 PM
good on ya chris,,,lets hope your november trip is a bit kinder to you ..dont think you deserve anymore dramas....well done.8-)

NAGG
29-09-2008, 07:21 PM
good on ya chris,,,lets hope your november trip is a bit kinder to you ..dont think you deserve anymore dramas....well done.8-)

Can I really be that unlucky ::) Actually - Dont answer that;)

Thanks

Chris

Obi _ Wan
29-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Well done Chris, Congratulations on recieving "The Mondy Muster Mickooh Award"

Aleast Whitey can't get that one off you mate and you'll be able to pass it on next year.

Mate i hope all your bad luck is now behind you, you certainly copped enough during this last trip.

Hehehehe-----Only 4 more sleeps.

Cheers,
John.

NAGG
29-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Well done Chris, Congratulations on recieving "The Mondy Muster Mickooh Award"

Aleast Whitey can't get that one off you mate and you'll be able to pass it on next year.

Mate i hope all your bad luck is now behind you, you certainly copped enough during this last trip.

Hehehehe-----Only 4 more sleeps.

Cheers,
John.

Thanks John ........ You take care on that trip ...... Hopefully the barra play ball for you:)
Are you going to call in on Awoonga :P

I'll call you to see how you are going!

cheers

Chris

TonyM
29-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Congratulations Chris & Good on you Mikooh for creating this award - it's certainly been entertaining if not disturbing hearing about the contestants trials and tribulations - I'm absolutely astounded at the lengths some guys will go to to get a few lures (j/k) ;D;D;D

It's certainly helped raise awareness about what not to do on a trip too! :-X

I hope this years contenders have much smoother travels in the future!

Cheers
Tony

NAGG
29-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Congratulations Chris & Good on you Mikooh for creating this award - it's certainly been entertaining if not disturbing hearing about the contestants trials and tribulations - I'm absolutely astounded at the lengths some guys will go to to get a few lures (j/k) ;D;D;D

It's certainly helped raise awareness about what not to do on a trip too! :-X

I hope this years contenders have much smoother travels in the future!

Cheers
Tony

Thanks Tony

Hopefully ...... I'm a no contender for next years award ( even though its a great bag of lures)

Cheers

Chris

Steve B
29-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Well done Chris...or sorry for the bad luck required to win!! But a bag of lures helps ease the pain mate!!

steve

darylive
29-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Another tip- If using turnbuckles, put a lock nut on each one or they will come loose, no matter how tight you do them up!

Mick

Confirmed.

A short rope through the turn buckle around the post also stops the turn and is easy to undo. "May be a wing nut as a lock nut," he said thinking out loud,

pondering the merits of rum on a week night

:P

NAGG
29-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Well done Chris...or sorry for the bad luck required to win!! But a bag of lures helps ease the pain mate!!

steve

Thanks Steve ....... Yes a nice little collection to ease the pain!

Hey .... all in all ......still a balanced trip some bads but a bucket load of goods

WOULD NOT MISS IT .. FOR QUIDS

Obi _ Wan
29-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks John ........ You take care on that trip ...... Hopefully the barra play ball for you:)
Are you going to call in on Awoonga :P

I'll call you to see how you are going!

cheers

Chris

Thanks Chris, from what i've heard things look pretty good for a change, could be the best year since 2005, as 06 and 07 were bloody cold, anyhow i've got my fingers crossed.

Yeah mate, plan to stop over at Awoonga on the way back and show ole mate the place, he has never fished it, hopefully there will be a few fish there as well.

Cheers,
John.

Whitto
02-10-2008, 07:22 AM
Con Grats Nagg on your traumatic win fall...(The award no one wants to win)...lets hope all that is in the past now......Again Thanks to Mikooh for his generous gesture...well done mate:thumbsup::dankk2::laola:

NAGG
03-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Con Grats Nagg on your traumatic win fall...(The award no one wants to win)...lets hope all that is in the past now......Again Thanks to Mikooh for his generous gesture...well done mate:thumbsup::dankk2::laola:

Yes Whitto ...... A nice snack pack to win , but I would have been happier still if we had less issues on the way up & back!

Cheers

Chris

PS ..... My moneys already on Nav & Vin for next year:D