PDA

View Full Version : Stolen 3 x Daiwa SOL Reels

Big Shaun
23-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Visited my local tackleshop today at Carseldine to hear someone has shoplifted 3 brand new Daiwa SOL spinning reels within the past week.

1 x 2000 TD SOL
1 x 2500 TD SOL
1 x 3000 TD SOL

Unfortunately we all have to pay more to cover these sort of losses. Needless to say security has now been upgraded. If you hear anything or see some cheap SOL reels on eBay please PM me the details so I can pass them on or let the guys know directly. Cheers.

Shaun

garman1
23-09-2008, 10:12 PM
The people who steal these believe that because of the markups that stores make they feel entitled to "knock a bit off here and there", just to get even. Their brain doesn't seem to click that it is because of them the prices are dearer than they should be......

When I have caught shoplifters and you try to talk sense to them about this, their eyes glaze over......................... "no-one home syndrome"

Sorry, just pisses me off when you serve someone who are after some screws and there are 6 screws in the pack ($2.95 per pack) but they only want one, so after you have finished serving them and come back later on to where they were, you find the pack on the shelf with 1 screw missing...........

OH humanity.......................................... ..where do we end up, walk each customer to the checkout personally?? I'll get off my soapbox now, anyone else want to use it ??

Big Shaun
23-09-2008, 10:37 PM
I was very surprised when Ian told me. He thinks it was a group of guys working together, a couple distract the staff while the other lifts it. Pretty ballsy to walk out with 3 reels plus they were not exactly easy to access. On a shelf about 10 foot up in what is really clear viewing from the front of the shop. They even stole an empty reel box.