PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Monduran

shane 234
23-09-2008, 06:23 PM
hi everyone,
im heading up to Monduran on the weekend for a few days. gonna be casting shallow divers around stucture and in the warmer pockets and trolling the main basin, possibly catch some live bait and give that ago... anyone got any info on how its been fishing? maybe some likley spots to try. ive got a fish finder but no GPS so i probs wont venture too far up the dam.
thanks,
Shane.

warrior
23-09-2008, 06:45 PM
shane there is a couple of threads on here from the last couple of weeks they are the best to go for ,the water is warming up nicely now so you should have a great time ,drop in and see foxie at barra havoc in gin gin and he will put you on the right track about what lures are working right now good luck cheers AL

Apollo
23-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Shane, Tony M and I are heading up there also, so we might see you there. Tony has a green and white quinne.

eotbmg
23-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Good luck mate, its an awesome spot to fish, my favourite!!! Just be careful with out a gps all the sticks look similar after a while. Give the bay at the back of white rocks a crack [ fish the edge the wind is blowing on to] its not too far up and pretty simple to return. We [Vin] also pulled a metery out of rainforest bay which is even closer.
Ben

chewy01
23-09-2008, 07:27 PM
He has habit of doing that Ben..Shane try trolling sda bay.first big bay on your left from the ramp.We got some good ones there this time a couple years ago.dont go too far in just round the big trees at the front. f18s worked for us then.Also up in bird bay the next really big one on the left.Like ben said Up round white rock was ok last week too.Hope you get a couple.Just remember if your not taking themto eat have your camera out before you start fishing and get em back in as quick as you can without lifting them by the gills/head as the bbigger ones arent that durable..
cheers chewy

fishboy1
23-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi Guys,
My mum and Dad and I (Jake) will be arriving on Sunday, look for the Japanese long boat with blue ice box, Holden crewman, lots of signs on it. Be sure say Hi.

shane 234
23-09-2008, 08:12 PM
hahaha. seems like there will be a whole fleet of us up there. we arnt actually fishing till the tuesday but if any of yas are around ill look out for you.;)