PDA

View Full Version : Freedom or Southwind

lino39
23-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi,
Am at the present looking at 2 boats the 2004 southwind sf580 with a 150 yamie 4 stroke or a Freedom elite 595 2003 with a 140 johnson 4 stroke.. They are both around $35,000.
Can I have some advice on these boats and what would you suggest…

Thanks Heaps..

Poodroo
23-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Having a brother currently looking into the possibilities of a boat upgrade I think I have seen most if not all of the boats he has taken a look at including at the recent boat show in Brisbane. I am convinced that Southwind make a great boat but the best thing of all out of the choice you have given would be the ride that the Southwind will give you. Fibreglass are very hard to beat for comfort. It will bang less on the waves and be much softer. That would be my choice personally.

Cheers,

Poodroo

The-easyrider
23-09-2008, 02:53 PM
I do belive they are both glass boats, was looking at the freedom seasport my self and got talking to a guy that had a elite and he was quite happy with it .We ended up getting a sea legend ,wish i could stay inside a budget;D

Poodroo
23-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Sorry I should have paid more attention to detail. For whatever reason I was thinking Quintrex Freedom Sport. Both boats are very nice. I wish I had to make the choice.

Poodroo