PDA

View Full Version : Smashed window at nudgee

lethal
22-09-2008, 08:38 AM
I put my boat in the water at Nudgee boat ramp at 5am today to come back at 7 am to find my car window smashed. The car alarm didnt go off but nothing was stolen, guess you got to look at the bright side. Beware to all!

Jeremy
22-09-2008, 08:42 AM
thanks for the heads up, very disappointing to hear that. I think you might find Fisherman's Island ramp more secure due to cameras and port security. How was the fishing?

Jeremy

Cammy
22-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Man thats crap, dont ya just hate it when somthing like this happens. The same thing happed to a freind of a mate of mine, but his car was outside his house and he had all windows smashed, tires/rims taken, they also took his sterio system worth 2k.

Cammy

fish-n-dive
22-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Had the same thing happen when i owned a 110 Land Rover at the main boat ramp in Darwin in broad daylight........small dusty feet prints on the back seats and the only thing missing was a bit of change in the drink holder..........maybe a couple of bucks in change for a couple of hundred dollars worth of window.........

Poodroo
22-09-2008, 02:04 PM
My warning to all comes from first hand experience. Kids looking for anything that can earn them a fast buck will not think twice about breaking into a car. Some time ago I lost a GPS out of my car. Only left the car for 30 seconds and that was all the time they needed to smash a window and make off with the GPS. Insurance people advised me that even the tell tale circles on a windscreen where a GPS was is enough reason to smash a window and go looking in the car because a lot of us take the GPS from full view and hide it under the seat or in the glovebox. Never leave any valuable in the car in view either. Apparently the kids ride around carparks with skateboards. When they see something of interest the skateboard then becomes a tool to break the window to gain entry into the vehicle. They know what they are after and generally have had a lot of practice doing it so the whole thing is over in seconds. Once they have what they want they hop back on the skateboard which then becomes the getaway vehicle. I'd urge anyone who sees kids riding on skateboards in carparks anywhere to sit and watch them for a bit. Not all of them are up to no good but a lot of them are and catching them in the act would be blissful.

Cheers,

Poodroo

Creek Vermin
22-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Yeah, makes for a good trip doesn't it? Always been careful about leaving anything visible to encourage them. Didn't help this time, and the grubs even took my empty CD cases and left the case full of them in the glove box. Wankers! Thought bout baiting their type, as it wouldn't be hard. Few beers, coupla bats, but there's too much fishing to be done to be going down that street. Plenty of fun cleaning up the glass!

Eagle
22-09-2008, 10:10 PM
I had my front right hand side window smashed a couple of days ago. The police said it would have been done by scumbag adolesents. Their favorite tool is a broken spark plug, the porcelin insulator is as hard as saphire. They swipe the sharp edge across the window and it explodes. My window was then pushed in but the shattered glass held onto the tinting mylar as a sheet of glass crystals. Nothing was stolen as my German Shepherd was snoozing :sleeping: on the back seat. She would have really chewed them if their hand or arm went inside the car. There were no reports of scum being bitten and I wouldn't have cared less if there were. Any filthy scum vermin getting chewed get what they deserve. And No-one will take my Shepherd off me if she does have a chew! No way! A new window will cost $300.00 and insurance excess is $350.00. Give me two minutes with these vermin and they will never be able to use their fingers ever again!! :whip: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Eagle

marty+jojo
22-09-2008, 10:21 PM
I went to Nudgee ramp early one morning and there was a car with all 4 tyres slashed and they also slashed both trailer tyres.AssH#$es are everywhere.
Marty.

lethal
23-09-2008, 07:51 AM
i got referred to a bloke who fixed the window for $175, and Jeremy just got small stuff nothing to brag about

gecho
26-12-2008, 06:08 PM
we live in Banyo and have recently had 2 attempted break ins and 2 bikes stolen
posted a reward and the scum rang, When told (By wife ) that they would get no more than 100 bucks they told her to piss off.
My advice is e real careful around nudgee as it seems there is a little gang of dickhds around.
On a much brighter note- My uncle had his boat nicked 3 weeks ago and got a calchristmas eve from the big blue gang that they recovered e boat in some drongos "Front" yard. Uncovered, unpainted and no attempt to hide said boat.
Old mate needed to front magistrate but as they don't like workingon christmas day, our lucky punter gets a few days rest in the can b4 attempting bail hehehehe. Think this one gets filed under Karma.
And to any thieves who may stumble across this post, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits

merry christmas all

Dirtysanchez
15-01-2009, 04:53 PM
I used to go for a pedal on my mountain bike, or ride down on the motor bike to Nudgee ramp, just to get out of the house and see whats going one, but with the amount of shattered glass there nowdays it is just impossible

Turds the lot of them, the council need to put a CCTV camera or 2 down there and address this issue!

darkside
10-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Yeah good point about stealing GPS units from cars , its amazing how many you see nowadays , whats even more amazing is how many people have their home set in their GPS favourites, so just invite the "crims" around and give them guided instructions on how to get there.Your best bet is to set your home as a location near by that you can find your way from , or a bitter ex's place.