PDA

View Full Version : Fisheries Patrol Deep water bend

Rodman
22-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Went to pick up my son on saturday morning at Deep Water Bend on the pine river and the DPI fisheries were there doing a TV interview with the best looking officer holding Bream and whiting. Not sure if they had caught someone with undersize whiting and Bream.
All I can say is that they are always in the area and you would be mad to have undersize fish in your possession.

Ken8-)

bondy99
25-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Was there a blonde female and light ginger/ blonde hair coloured male at the helm. Might have been the same two I seen on the water 22 weeks ago or so.
Peter

ShaneC
26-09-2008, 01:19 AM
They are definately out and about, which I think is great. We were pulled over at the top end of Moreton a couple of Monday nights ago in really sh@tty conditions, the NE had picked up they had the big boat anchored near Comby Point.

It was dark and we headed towards the boat to stay in the channel and as we approached they buzzed us with their RIB. The two lovely young ladies (one was awesome :) )) checked our dismal catch and safety gear and allowed us on our way. They said they were out keeping an eye on the trawlers...... we were a random as we passed pretty close to them...

I think its great they are out and about and the whole experience I had with them was very professional and friendly. Would not usually post something like this but I know there have been a few bad experiences of late, I hope my encounter with them was the norm....

Shane

Fish'n Junky
26-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Not sure if they had caught someone with undersize whiting and Bream.
All I can say is that they are always in the area and you would be mad to have undersize fish in your possession.

Ken8-)

I agree.... I love catching bream, and I don't begrudge anyone keeping fish of legal size, but IMO a just legal (23cm in QLD) bream does not yield enough meat for a snack. If I want them for the table, I'll keep them from 27 cm depending upon their condition.. the "Runts" get thrown back for another day.. Why'd you'd even bother with an undersize is beyond me!

sharkymark2
02-10-2008, 06:47 AM
Sorry I cant speak.....to many bones in my mouth :).