PDA

View Full Version : Taylors beach NQ

FNQCairns
18-09-2008, 10:17 PM
I noticed a couple of 4wds on the southern side of Taylors beach inlet, could they have got there from Forrest beach?, the place looks like a nice fairly remote spot.

Anybody know how to get there by car?

cheers fnq

Kendall249
18-09-2008, 10:53 PM
If its the spot I'm thinking of you can get there from forest bh. The beach is the quickest way, but there is a winding track above the beach. Can get quite busy at times, some people cross from Taylors by boat as well. Nice spot to camp, highly reccomend it.

FNQCairns
19-09-2008, 08:09 AM
It just so happened I was standing on the ramp at Taylors at low tide, I considered driving down the ramp and over to the other side:) Lucky we have fairly large tides.

Might take a day trip sometime just for a look see.

cheers fnq

upstart
22-09-2008, 10:25 PM
I love that spot. Go from Forrest Beach. It's then about ten kays up the beach to the spit. Camp anywhere along there. The sand can be a little soft but I've had no probs with my old Pathfinder and the camper trailer. Shh, don't tell anyone about it but.

GAD
22-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Always see camps on the other side up , seen them there for years , school holidays and even just weekends ,up near the creek and a few on the spit , closer to the ocean , know there is a track from Forrest Beach but never needed to use it , just do day trips across in the boat , cause the bloody midgie population will carry you away and hell they can get bad enough on the front patio especially at night , but lovely spot , even it is a little silted up now .

Greg

FNQCairns
23-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the added info sounds easy enough, is the beach trip tide affected?

cheers fnq

upstart
23-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Just don't go on a big high tide. It is easier on a low tide as you can drive on the wet sand. When we camp there it's always on the sea side of the spit and we've never had a prob with sandies or mozzies. It's worth taking a crab pot or three for the inlet and we've even caught crabs straight out off the beach.

Dignity
25-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Be prepared for an influx as Taylors Beach was the subject of the Creek to Coast show in Brisbane over the weekend.

Walker
26-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Mate, I used to live in Allamanda Avenue in Forrest Beach, this is the access road. Was there on Sunday, compact and quick ride on the wet sand as 'upstart' mentioned. Caught a good sized GT there 3 weeks ago casting lures in knee deep water. There are some good gutters there at the moment.

Paul