PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Coast Creeks

theshortman
16-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has thrown any lures around the sunshine coast area in the last few days with any success. What i'm really interested in is how the water clarity is in the area after the heavy downpoars last week. Bit worried about chocolate coloured water - it's always hard work to lure when the fish can't see your offering....

A mate and I are wanting to head up the Noosa River, probably Kin Kin creek, on saturday. My theory is it will be 2 weeks after the rain and should be clearing somewhat....

Any reports from anyone?

Cheers

Shorty

drunkenduncan
17-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Hey shorty, don't get too concerned with the water clarity at the moment as all reports have the bass starting to move back up to the upper Noosa with the spring tides. They're pretty hungry too and have been hitting anything . Should be a good year for fishing up high in the system this year with all those Lake Macdonald bass showing up after going over the wall last winter. If your going to go to Kin Kin creek try and head up to the walking bridge, I got a couple of fish last week there, Not big but proves that they on the move back to there summer territories. If you get a chance have a chat with the boys at Hooked on Angling at Tewantin, they fish there a bit and are pretty helpful.

darylive
18-09-2008, 12:43 PM
yes thats right

theshortman
18-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the info. Definetly keen to give it a go, however i've resorted to plan B and am going to Boruma Dam instead to chase some toga and bass. I just can't bear the thought of fishing chocolat water with lures, and the blokes at Barra Jacks said it was very dirty and there were plenty of catfish around. I'll wait for better conditions till my first trip there i think.

Just for the record Duncan, I am pretty sure lake McDonald drains into the Mary river system, not the Noosa, so those Bass you say have gone over the wall will probably end up at gympie if they get a good run....

Cheers

Shorty

drunkenduncan
19-09-2008, 01:21 PM
you are 100 percent right shorty... sorry for that. Lake Macdonald dams the six mile which drains into the Mary. I had a mental moment there. Either way all that fresh up Wolvi way from last year should help the Noosa system. Good luck at Borumba. I fished there last Friday arfternoon and again on Suday Morning. The saratoga seem to be cruising deep away from the banks at the moment. We dropped two on fly and got a couple of bass deep on spinnerbaits. If you are after the toga try the Kinham arm right up as far as the old creek .... once again sorry for that. If your fishing on Sunday up that way look for the white-red Quintrex hornet and say Gidday!.. Glenn

theshortman
19-09-2008, 08:31 PM
hi Glen,

No prob on the brain fart... :) We all have them! I've just spent obscene amounts of time browsing google earth and am always chasing that new hot spot that no one else has worked out yet. I've never followed six mile creek down from the spillway, although i have caught the odd bass at the bottom of the spillway many years ago. Caught my first bass there actually after moving down from central queensland when i was 19. Back then i only used fly... fancy that. I used to do really well around the hatchery from the bank, but that was when you could drive through the water works.... i think they locked that of years ago now.

Anyway, heading to Borumba in the morning. I had a brain fart though and forgot it was school holidays so i'm hoping things don't get too crowded.... You'd think with 2 kids at school i would have given it a thought! At least the weather is looking good!

thanks for the tips on the togas. Called in at Maroochy fishing world today whilst i was out and about and he called the same thing as you, the toga are down deep. I'll just trail a bit till we find them, i'm sure they will turn up!

Cheers Again, i'll drop a post on here when i get back with a pic or two.