PDA

View Full Version : RRFF public meetings

Lucky_Phill
16-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Here is a list of places the public meetings are taking place in regard to the Rocky Reef FinFish review.

Snapper, Trag Jew, Pearlies etc

Please make the effort to attend and be heard.

phill

oldboot
17-09-2008, 09:11 AM
have they made provision for written submissions and is there any documentation on the proposals.

cheers

TimiBoy
17-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Vicky Point for me

oldboot
17-09-2008, 10:13 AM
I'll answer my own question.

The documents are available on the DPI web site, for download.

If you want a hard coppy, ring the DPI call centre & they will send you coppies.

come on chaps we need to show numbers and opinions.

To a certain extent I would rather everybody had similar views to me........ but what is important.... we need to show that we are here in numbers, that we have views and that it matters.

I have no doubt that there are more of us than there are extreemist greenies..... we need to show that by turning up to the meetings and producing paperwork.

remember in the public service, you don't exist unless you produce paperwork.

cheers

Lucky_Phill
17-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks oldboot.

You are spot on. To let the powers that be, know we are serious, we need to have huge numbers there.

OK, we all don't have the same ideas, opinions etc, but we sure as hell all care about where we fish.

The science side of the committee will meet prior to these public meetings and their advice on recommendations will be aired. I will have that info as soon as possible and post it up.

Stand by for this about Tuesday 22nd.

Phill

I will be at the Southport Meet.

Horse
18-09-2008, 06:45 AM
No Brisbane meeting...........again

I will be at the Vicky Point one

ifishcq1
19-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks for that Phil

you saved me some time and I got the details in time to be in todays paper

so it gets a couple of runs before the Yeppoon meeting