PDA

View Full Version : haines 700L

barrym
16-09-2008, 10:21 AM
hi all :-/ i am looking at buying a haines 700L does any body know if they came with a tiolet stove and sink or were they an option on this boat also it has a 175 merc 1991 model for $24000 .does that seem like a resonable price this would be my first big boat any help would be great baz.

Pazz01
16-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Baz,

Refer to my previous post on the 2250L.

The 700L is also pretty big, and from my point of view a 175 may be a bit small. Most of the ones I have seen come with a minimum of 200.

Just remember with those old outboards they aren't worth much anymore. So provided the hull and trailer is good the price might bit ok.

Pazz

barrym
16-09-2008, 02:59 PM
thanks pazz for your reply.baz:D

boatboy50
16-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Baz,

I would say price wise it is great.

Most 2250/700L seem to be priced around high twenties or low 30's.

Sounds like a good rig, as mentioned sea trial it and be sure it has enough power and the motor is good.

Regards

Darren

barrym
16-09-2008, 04:31 PM
thanks darren:D

Tidas
16-09-2008, 06:48 PM
hi all :-/ i am looking at buying a haines 700L does any body know if they came with a tiolet stove and sink or were they an option on this boat also it has a 175 merc 1991 model for $24000 .does that seem like a resonable price this would be my first big boat any help would be great baz.

Hi Baz,

I used to own a 2250L and it was a great boat, like has already been said, they're big and I loved it.

My understanding is that alteast the stove and sink were options, but I never saw one in the time I was looking that didn't have a toilet under a folding hatch in the middle of the V bunks. I still have a couple of original brocheres for them, one from when they were 2250L another when they were 700L.

There are two spots the sink can be located, mine had it in the side pocket beside the port seat, but I have seen them under the port seat.

There are a number of other options and layouts.

Mine was an 89 model and had the targa arch, both front seats were single front facing/folding seats on boxes, my port seat had a metho stove in it, nothing under the helm seat though, even though it folded over. It also had a hand held hose (they call it a shower) at the rear of the boat. It ran a 200 Merc and would just touch 80kph on the dash speedo.

Other layouts/options I have seen include pedistal seats (no boxes) which I assume was proabably standard, back to back seats, a fridge in the cabin, which takes up bunk space just inside the bulkhead.

It took me a while to find a nice one, for some reason many seemed like they had been given a hard life. Purely out of interest I have followed adds to see what they're worth and $24k sounds pretty cheap to me, you rarely see them going under $30k these days. Whilst it goes without saying, make sure you give it a good going over.

Regarding the 2250L with the 135hp, that would be very underepowered, according to my 700L brochere, the min recommended hp was 150.

If you'd like any more info just let me know.

Cheers

barrym
16-09-2008, 11:07 PM
thanks tidas you have been a great help iam going to look at it on saturday might hold you to more info many thanks baz.:D