PDA

View Full Version : Bass advice please

JEWIENEWIE
14-09-2008, 10:43 AM
How are we all. Been a ong time between posts due to an extended holiday in NZ;D . I have a property out towards Kyogle, northern nsw, which has a small creek system which runs pretty much throug my property. I have been meaning to hit it for some bass but have very limited knowledge on bass fishing.
I am heading out there this arvo and staying overnight and want to give it a crack. The weather looks favourabvle with a temp meant to hit 30 degrees today which i am lead to belive is good for the bass. The creek looks real fishy for them and i was thinking of throwing a few spinner baits at the snags. Am i better to fish late arvo ealy morning?
IUf anyone has fished this area before i would love to get some pointers to get me started. I will be applying the Kiss principal (keep it simple stupid) so please keep it simple.
Thanks.
Jewie;D

stonecold
14-09-2008, 11:11 AM
G'Day Jewie,

Mate theres plenty of little creeks throught there that hold bass...If your fishing the top of the Richmond things may be still a little slow but I expect they'll fire up shortly.
Prime time in my opinion will be from 4pm onwards and again in the morning from daylight through till when you get sick of it...or walk the length of the creek;D .

Plenty of lures to choose from but I normally start with a 100mm bloodworm wriggler on a 1/4oz jig with a gold beatlespin blade, costs about $3.50 for jighead, plastic and blade so you dont feel so bad when you leave it up in the tree on the oppisite side of the creek.

As it gets dark a small jitterbug or crazy crawler could also be worth a throw.

Goodluck

Cheers mark

gunna
15-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Try popping a 45mm River toSea Bubblepop at dusk. Lots of little pops and pauses.

theshortman
16-09-2008, 09:59 PM
To keep it simple i'd be walking the creek and casting to any structure that might hold a fish. The surface lures might not be the go yet with lower insect activity, but i would try some small hard bodied lures (my favourite are shallow diving RMG scorpions) with a slow retrieve. Afternoon could prove better as the water temperature might be slightly higher after the sun has hit the water during the day. Good luck