PDA

View Full Version : Townsville deckie

horseboy
11-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Well went to the doc yesterday i have been forced to take 10 days of work and the weather looks like it may be coming good o darn and i didnt even plan it.
I will head out at some stage but if anyone is looking for a crew member to share costs i am in just pm me. And i fish however you want to.Hint Hint Brett

Wade

levinge
11-09-2008, 08:24 AM
I'm off from Tuesday to Saturday next week Wade, so a Fishing session is well on the cards. Possibly Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday. Thursday is a full day for me organising an event at our Fishing Club...

Most likely be Wednesday, don't like fishing much on my first day off after a 12 hours night shift, I turn into Mr Grumpy part the way through the day...

School holidays too, so I might have one or both my fishing boys with me. Will ask them if they are interested or not. If they don't want to come, it will mean I will have a couple extra seats available for a few of the Ausfish boys.

Ron???
Michael???
Scott???
Dr_Dan???

Will be a case of first in best dressed ---- Will know this arvo if they want to come

Dr_Dan
11-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Supposed to be working right through till next weekend now. If the weather holds off "cough cough" think i may have to have a R&R day monday or wednesday.

Scott nthQld
11-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Dan, so can you write us all out a doctor's certificate?

I won't be able to take any weekdays off for the nex couple of weeks, though it does sound tempting, we've only got a workforce of 4 here, so when ones on holidays, it really brings us under the pump.

horseboy
11-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Scott just scan mine dated until the 23rd

levinge
11-09-2008, 11:53 AM
So if the weather is good on Wednesday!!!

Who is up for a fish?????

Wade is a goer!!

What about the rest...

Schedule for the day would be an Early Start, depending on conditions we may make a run for deep water out wide...

Scott you got that mark off the Cape if so please PM me, I'd like to see if your fish is still there (camera will be ready)....

Share Fuel, bring whatever bait you want to add to the pot. I'll have Pillies and Squid in the esky....

horseboy
11-09-2008, 11:57 AM
sounds good

fish-n-dive
11-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Of course I'll go!! Count me in Brett, it will also give me a chance to sus out the capabilities of the Formosa.

Dr_Dan
11-09-2008, 12:57 PM
If weather holds till wed. will be heading out the reef maybe tuesday night coming home wed evening.

fish-n-dive
11-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Brett, just went out to the warehouse and bought snapper sinkers, 7/0 hooks and 80lb. mono to go on the Saltest/Wilson combo.........don't let me down mate!!!.......I'm hungry!!!

Oh and a new hat as well!!!

cheers mate,
Michael

levinge
11-09-2008, 07:53 PM
You could always fillet up the famous "hatfish" I hear their a little on the tough side, and a bit stringy......

Will try my best to get some tight lines on the boat....

fish-n-dive
11-09-2008, 08:01 PM
So call me stupid, but does that mean I'm in???

levinge
11-09-2008, 08:09 PM
yep, Just asked the boys and one has plans and the other is working, SO!!!!

The crew so far is

Horseboy - Wade
Fish n Dive - Michael.

Got room for one more if anyone has Wednesday off.

As I said early start, We will be departing from the Coastguard Ramp, looking at around 4-5am. The better side of 4 am would be more favourable. looking at heading out to the mark that Scott has off Cape Cleveland, then out to Moonraker and play it by ear from there....

Bring your own tackle, snacks and drinks.
Bring whatever bait you wish to fish with, I will be taking Pillies and Squid.

Cost will be Chip in $$$ for Fuel to ease the pain. I will fill her up on Tuesday arvo, so we don't have to muck around early in the morning.

ronnien
11-09-2008, 08:17 PM
bugger!!!!!!!

to busy at work, hope you's clean up.
levinge will have a look at some marks for you.

ron.

levinge
11-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Just checked Seabreeze, wind has come up a little but still within good limits, will continue to monitor and let you know closer to Wednesday, but at this stage all is good...

Scott nthQld
12-09-2008, 12:05 PM
oh shit brett, I forgot to send you that mark. I'll check on this computer, I maght have the file saved on here, if not I'll have to get it off the GPS when I get home this arvo.

Dr_Dan
12-09-2008, 01:39 PM
monday looks like the pick of them now. Anyone else likely to be on the water monday?

horseboy
12-09-2008, 03:19 PM
I am looking at hitting it in the tinny on monday unless any one has a spare seat

Wade

levinge
12-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Monday is an ugly day for me, just finished 1 nightshift and into another one 12 hours later. Bear with a sore head. Tuesday or Wednesday will be the goer, will know more by Sunday evening. but either way, its a run wide or over to Rattlesnake area. See what happens with Seabreeze and again once we are on the water....

The only change will be, if it is Tuesday, we won't be leaving until around 7:30am as I knock off at 6:30am and need to get home to load up last bits before we head out....

fish-n-dive
12-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Monday is an ugly day for me, just finished 1 nightshift and into another one 12 hours later. Bear with a sore head. Tuesday or Wednesday will be the goer, will know more by Sunday evening. but either way, its a run wide or over to Rattlesnake area. See what happens with Seabreeze and again once we are on the water....

The only change will be, if it is Tuesday, we won't be leaving until around 7:30am as I knock off at 6:30am and need to get home to load up last bits before we head out....

Brett, should I bring some Valium to keep you docile after a big shift like that???

levinge
12-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Won't need it, I am usually pretty good on my first day off, if its Tuesday. Hopefully Wednesday will stay good, then I will be on my game..

horseboy
13-09-2008, 07:15 AM
They all look good lets just go out for the whole week i havnt seen a window of weather this good for so long.

Wade

levinge
13-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Yep, looking sweet for Wednesday, so far!!!! Unfortunately I have a few other things that require my attention so I will have to settle for Wednesday fish, but Friday could be on the cards too, if I get everything done...

fish-n-dive
16-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Only one more sleep to go...................but will I sleep or lay in bed and watch the clock sloooooly tic-toc the hours away? ;D;D;D

Dr_Dan
16-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Went out to keeper for a bit of an exploration trip monday. Got a few nice reefies. Water clarity was incredible. Spotting bommies in 100ft of water. Wind was up a bit in the morning, made it a little long and rough on the way out, but coming home was pretty flat. Had a bit of a troll, nothing much. A few bait schools being harrased off the reef, but nothing interested. Pro mackerel boat trolling around the reef didn't seem to be having much luck either. Hope the weather holds out for you all.

P.S. Beware! Karma is a (you know what). Had a 'sickie' yesterday, woke up feeling shit today, at least it made my sickie from yesterday look more legit!

leezor
17-09-2008, 07:00 AM
Went out to keeper for a bit of an exploration trip monday. Got a few nice reefies. Water clarity was incredible. Spotting bommies in 100ft of water. Wind was up a bit in the morning, made it a little long and rough on the way out, but coming home was pretty flat. Had a bit of a troll, nothing much. A few bait schools being harrased off the reef, but nothing interested. Pro mackerel boat trolling around the reef didn't seem to be having much luck either. Hope the weather holds out for you all.

P.S. Beware! Karma is a (you know what). Had a 'sickie' yesterday, woke up feeling shit today, at least it made my sickie from yesterday look more legit!

Good to see you got out there Dan, how much fuel did you end up using for the trip? Bugger that your crook, oh well at least you can write yourself a Dr. Cerificate ;)

Scott nthQld
17-09-2008, 02:51 PM
So how'd yous end up going today? Did my mark produce any more sails?

levinge
17-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Nup, narda, nothing on your mark. MIchael will be putting in the report, but to say we did see a sailfish further out, bugger was on the surface less than 20metres behind the boat. Great day a few keepers, but a very fulfilling day..

Scott nthQld
17-09-2008, 09:27 PM
sounds like a good trip, you should've had a pilly out for the Sail.....just ask me I'm an expert...lol.

C'mon Michael, hurry up with the report, might be an indication of what to expect on the charter in a couple of weeks.

As for me, I'm heading out tomorrow arv/night, straight from work, just hope the weather behaves, I've got a freezer full of bait, and a boat full of fuel.....thanks to the non-event on the weekend.

levinge
17-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Might want to reassess your fishing options Scott, Coming back this arvo it was decidedly lumpy out in the bay and not a good option for fishing.

Still I hope the weather stays good for you and you get the window you want.

BTW we did put out some teasers and a Red/White Rapala Lure, still no joy hooking the sailfish...

fish-n-dive
18-09-2008, 07:34 AM
I'll put the report & pics up today after I take the kids to school Theres even a bit of video that Wade may put up!!!

Scott nthQld
18-09-2008, 10:53 AM
C'MON MICHAEL! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME, I'M HANGING BY A THREAD HERE.

Well I'm eager to find out how you's went get a move on! lol