PDA

View Full Version : Bar Crossing Refresher

Far side
11-09-2008, 05:04 AM
Sorry about posting this here mods but offshore reports are the right target audience

Rubba (dale) and Myself have been onto Bill to do an advanced Bar crossing course
We are chasing 2 more people to make the trip worthwhile. The course will be for people who have done the bar crossing with bill and fish offshore using the south passage bar.

The idea we had was to revisit the aspects of the bar, weather and swell and pick up on the things we missed on the first trip.
I want to revisit entry to the bar and position manually (without GPS)
I want to explore the 2 other channels as I mainly use the northern
A bit of a refresher on boat skills
And a general reinforcement of confidence
This is not a plug or an ad for anyone we wish to put a crew together for this trip
The crew will need to be able to attend with as little as 2 days notice
Anyone who is interested could you please PM me

rubba
11-09-2008, 06:09 PM
well look fellas theres nothing like good day that turns to crap and youre off morten wind and swell is up youre heading back to the bar, you get to it, where do you go gps hasnt got the tracks you came out on.good to line up land marks but where are they,doing advanced bar crossing 2 more people anyone

TimiBoy
11-09-2008, 07:31 PM
I had been thinking about a refresher with Billy Boy myself, but I'll be leaving it for next year - too much money going out right now...

Cheers,

Tim

rubba
11-09-2008, 07:40 PM
8-) mate no worries but you use this as much as us ,and will be a small amount of money to get lots of exp in larger conditions my friend

Searaider 2
12-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Geday Far side / rubba ,
I'm interested but wouldn't be available untill after I get back from the 1770 M & G .late October ( after the 21st ).
If you havent done the refresher / advanced course by then let me know & I'm in .

It would be interesting to see how Bill's New mother ship (680 Cruisy ) handles .
Can also check out how his radar works .