PDA

View Full Version : Test Drive

sharkcat one
10-09-2008, 09:18 PM
HI GUYS,

WENT ON A TEST DRIVE WITH COMMANDER CATAMARANS 6.2m CAT LAST MONDAY.

ALL WENT WELL , LOVED HOW THE BOAT HANDLES, WE PLAYED ARROUND THE PIN .
LITTLE BIT UNSURE ON HOW TWIN 90'S WOULD GO , BUT WE REACHED TOP SPEED OF 33knots . I WAS VERY HAPPY .

CAN'T SAY A BAD WORD ABOUT THE BOAT, SO I PUT A DEPOSIT ON ONE, SHOULD BE READY IN ABOUT 5 TO 6 WEEKS. ( CAN'T WAIT ).;D

GOING WITH TWIN 90hp OPTI'S.

THE GUYS FROM COMMANDER CATS WERE VERY HELPFULL, I'AM CHANGEING A COUPLE OF THINGS IN THE INTERIOR AND THEY SAID THAT THEY WILL DO THIS AT NO EXTRA COST. ( BETTER THAN SOME OTHER COMPANIES THAT I SAW )

NOW I JUST HAVE TO SELL MY 23 SHARK CAT.

GOING FOR A SMALLER BOAT SO THAT I CAN TOW AND TAKE TO NEW AREAS.
I'M A CAT FAN . MIGHT NEED TO CHANGE MY USER NAME ?

SEE YA

Quaker
10-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Nice 8-)

But why are you shouting? :P

fleety77
10-09-2008, 09:37 PM
any pics of the boat your gonna buy......and the one your in??

sharkcat one
10-09-2008, 09:49 PM
any pics of the boat your gonna buy......and the one your in??
GETTING LATE NOW

I WILL PUT SOME PIC'S ON TOMMORROW

THANKS

Chimo
10-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks SHARK CAT

Quaker means That CAPITALS IS THE SAME AS SHOUTING ON A COMPUTER and lower case is talking without raising ones voice. But hey maybe the boat is just that good?

Cheers
Chimo

Sea-Dog
10-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Thanks SHARK CAT

Quaker means That CAPITALS IS THE SAME AS SHOUTING ON A COMPUTER and lower case is talking without raising ones voice. But hey maybe the boat is just that good?

Cheers
Chimo

WHAT?....... ::)

freddofrog
11-09-2008, 10:23 AM
WHAT?....... ::)

it's called "netiqite", set of unwritten rules for communicating on the net, in emails, texting, basically anything form of electronic communication where you can't show or imply emotion with voice volume, pitch, gestures etc.

And yes typing in CAPITALS is the electronic equivalent of shouting at someone and generally considered rude, unless of course you want to shout at someone and go all out and abuse them.

julian1
11-09-2008, 10:44 AM
so how did the Commandercat compare to the Sharkcat 23' and what is the model/configuration on your 23 ?

cormorant
11-09-2008, 03:36 PM
That's only 5 weeks to get the trailer of your dreams and get all the quirky things on any older trailer that could have been done better. Longer central guide at the back .l ladder on winch post , walkway , tie down points , extended drawbar????

Be great to see some photos of teh new and old rigs

The next 5 weeks will feel like 6 months!!!

Grand_Marlin
11-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Good on you Shark Cat 1,

Should be a nice setup.

Changing down from the 23 sharkcat will be a bit of a culture shock, but as you say, now you can easily trailer where you want to go.

Cheers

Pete

kitty_cat
11-09-2008, 06:02 PM
cant wait to see some pics of layout
wayne

Chimo
11-09-2008, 07:51 PM
We looked at these at the Bne Show too so waiting for more comment from SC 1
but in the mean time these are the handouts that were on the stand at Bne

Cheers
Chimo

sharkcat one
11-09-2008, 09:16 PM
firstly - sorry about writting in capitals , didn't realise i was shouting!!!

i have not got any good photos of the 23 shark cat , but i will take some on saturday and post them on sat arvo.

cannot do it any sooner as i am out of the state , back sat morning.

having the same extras on the commander cat as their demo boat.
you can see it on their web address www.commandercatamarans.com.au (http://www.commandercatamarans.com.au)

chatting with the guys at commander cats and they tell me that they have a new 6m cathedral style centre console boat comming out in the next 6 to 8 weeks
for arround $ 36,000 on trailer.

i will put photos up on sat arvo

thanks

Grunter71
12-09-2008, 09:15 AM
chatting with the guys at commander cats and they tell me that they have a new 6m cathedral style centre console boat comming out in the next 6 to 8 weeks
for arround $ 36,000 on trailer.

Is that price without just for the boat/trailer/electrics etc? Even so, seems like a good price for a 6m boat.

Crunchy
12-09-2008, 12:38 PM
double post

Crunchy
12-09-2008, 12:38 PM
triple post

Crunchy
12-09-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm a bit deaf so can you guys speak up? I could only hear the first post and a few words in between ::)
thanks

cormorant
12-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Got Alzimers or is it Parkinsons where you keep hittin that enter key As Well> See A Lot Of New Posts That Way !!!! Ha Ha

mangomick
12-09-2008, 06:50 PM
CRUNCHY
I'VE GOT A MATE JUST LIKE YOU. HE HAD SPONGE CAKE AND JELLY IN ONE EAR AND CUSTARD IN HIS OTHER EAR .................HE WAS A TRIFLE DEAF ;D ;D ;D

Nice looking boat sharkcat. Thought you would have gone for a platey Cat if you are going to travel