PDA

View Full Version : Townsville Calamari

fish-n-dive
09-09-2008, 07:16 PM
OK, so I don't have my boat yet but I am really hanging out for some "salt & pepper calamari".................. anyone interested? I'll happily pay my share of the costs.......

ronnien
09-09-2008, 09:51 PM
i have ever only got them when chasing fingermark, the best time to chase squid i have found is when there is no moon. to much light & they seem to spread out, we just put the squid light in the water & when they come around scoop them up.
another thing is the calmer the better. i would be no good to only go out for them cause they will find their way on a hook.

ron.

fish-n-dive
10-09-2008, 08:03 AM
i have ever only got them when chasing fingermark, the best time to chase squid i have found is when there is no moon. to much light & they seem to spread out, we just put the squid light in the water & when they come around scoop them up.
another thing is the calmer the better. i would be no good to only go out for them cause they will find their way on a hook.

ron.

LOL, I hear ya Ron, they do make great bait I guess thats why they attract me to wanting to eat them!!!

Mmmmmm......... Calamari ;D;D;D

Scott nthQld
10-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Ha michael, you won't find many up here that will keep a squid to eat, tasty though they are. Most of us will put a hook straight through it and send it to the depths, though if the cravings really get out of hand, try heading down to Marina fresh seafoods down the end of 5th Ave South Townsville, near Ross Haven Marine. They've got a fair selection of seafood and I have seen fresh squid from time to time. All their seafood is local too, so around the new moon would be the time to pay them a visit too.

Will see what the weather is doing this coming new moon, I might head out for a first go at a fingermark, and if we get a big squid as bycatch, I might just let you keep it.

levinge
10-09-2008, 09:30 AM
I am thinking the same thing Scott, waiting for the new moon, never know Ron might show me his spots for big fingermark, if he comes out with me???

horseboy
10-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Hey ron you been out today i thought i saw the tinny hooked up to your car on charles st or is that where you live?

ronnien
10-09-2008, 10:17 PM
wade ,

thats were i live mate, have also seen you drive past before.

ron.

ronnien
10-09-2008, 10:20 PM
sorry wade, no i went out tonite for 0 result.
& if i yell out loud enough brett will here me cause he only lives across the park from my house. using sp's.

ron.

horseboy
11-09-2008, 07:07 AM
not far from me i am around corner on banksiast

levinge
11-09-2008, 08:16 PM
So we must be living in the centre of Townsvilles Ausfish Universe...

Ron what number are you over there.....

Wade, if your so close you may as well make your way around to my place on Wednesday and leave with me????