PDA

View Full Version : One spot for Brissy River prefish

Scalem
09-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Very short notice, but I have one deckie spot for 5.00am start from Whyte Island Brissy river assault Wed.

As a pre fish for my M&G this weekend, I thought I might have a go seeing as I am on holidays anyhow, and never fished the mouth of Brissy before.

I'll check for responses later this afternoon.

This will be drifting plastics only.

Scalem

fleety77
09-09-2008, 02:08 PM
mate im interseted, did u mean tomorrow morning??

Scalem
09-09-2008, 02:39 PM
mate im interseted, did u mean tomorrow morning??

Yep, tomorrow morning.

Let me know, especially if you have fished plastics in the Brissy before.

Scalem

dogsbody
09-09-2008, 02:42 PM
fleety yes tomorrow is wed. ;D

Trying to get one up on us hey Brian. I'll have to follow you if you manage to get a few. :)

Dave.

Scalem
09-09-2008, 02:57 PM

Trying to get one up on us hey Brian. I'll have to follow you if you manage to get a few. :)

Dave.

;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o

Mate, I have to know enough about the Brissy BEFORE our fish on Sunday or I'll be embarrassed!!!!

LOL.

Scalem

dogsbody
09-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Conditions looks good for tomorry. Good luck mate.

Dave.

fleety77
09-09-2008, 03:39 PM

Dave.

okay u got me:P

mate sorry cant get the leave pass till 8 am, im gonna head to peel on the lonesome..........cheers anyway bud

Scalem
09-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Deckie spot filled by someone who refers to himself as "the master" of Brissy river plastics fishing, but I will reveal his name on AF if he successfully puts me on to fish!!;) ::)

Scalem

p.s Sorry fleety77 wasn't sure if you were able to come

fleety77
09-09-2008, 04:42 PM
na all good mate, heading to peel after 8, let us know how u go with the MASTER! cant wait to see all the fish.:o

jim_bream
09-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Jeez,
Nico's calling himself THE MASTER already!!!!

Scalem
09-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Jeez,
Nico's calling himself THE MASTER already!!!!

Good guess, but you have two more. :P ;D

MattChew
09-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Gavin Dunne ????

Tangles
09-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Darth Vader is the only master i know of the dark side;D so it couldnt be Obi_Wan??

mike

Fishbait
10-09-2008, 06:37 AM
Look forward to the MASTERS report tonight when there all back. Darren.

jim_bream
11-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Are we takling "Master's" as in Veterans... ?
lol
Anyway, by the conspicuous lack of posts I'm guessing the Master showed you good, hey pa?
He he he he,
Jimbo
P.S. Someone get on the blower to the fella upstairs and get him to shift the Northerlies over the weekend, would ya?

fleety77
11-09-2008, 04:24 PM
how did u go mate?? was the MASTER worthy of his spot??

Scalem
11-09-2008, 08:05 PM
how did u go mate?? was the MASTER worthy of his spot??

He did extreemly well::)

That's the 1st time I ever fished the poo chute - literally! We cast right in there, and I was surprised my plastic came up without anything foreign hanging on to it. ::) Apparently bream sit in the backwash close to the main exit, and I did get a touch, but that was all.

We fished right out the front of the river, along the rock wall. 1st cast had a double hook up on small snapper, and like every fishing trip, you get excited about getting nailed on the 1st cast, then ...... Nothing!!

We fished along the Caltex terminal, where there's a little rock wall, and the Master pulled up a nice flattie of about 55cm. He pat me on the back because I took us there, thinking it looked fishy, and it was. I dropped something huge as well, then failed to connect to another out the front of the caltex sign. Wasn't my day>:( Then we motored up to a spot toward the gateway bridge, and the Master pulls in another Flattie, approx 40cm.

On the way back a few guys launching their boat told us that a wheel barrow full of oyster shells had been dumped at the end of a jetty the night before, and that a school of bream were schooling in that spot. They were right, and the Master and I scored one each, with numerous hits, but with the wind starting to increase, and without a leccie, it was EXTREEMLY hard to keep position and cast to the right area. We ran out of time, the Master had to get to work. I didn't mind, I had an introduction to the river and caught fish, might improve a little on sunday I am hoping. No report to write in the Estuary section, neither of us remembered our cameras.

Had a look at the thready spot too Slyman, on the right tide and without wind, it might be worth another try. ;)

Scalem

dogsbody
12-09-2008, 05:30 PM
I know who the master is but I wont tell...I'll see what happens in due course.

Dave.

fleety77
12-09-2008, 05:38 PM
it must be revealed!! not abad day mate, i nicked a feed from peel, hows sun looking with this current weather set to keep us all at home!