PDA

View Full Version : Bowen Fishing Classic Wet Weekend

Noiseworks
08-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Hey everone, just a reminder that the annual Bowen fishing classic is coming up.... 20th and 21st September. Wondering if any other Ausfishers are going to attend. This will be my family's first foray at a fishing comp. We are based in Mackay and wondering if anyone has any local knowledge as to where Me, my best fishing mate, and three kids could fish. We are landbased with surf rods, baitcasters and spinners. Any info would be appreciated. Any secret info can be pm'ed. Hopefully someone can help us catch some fish......not necessarily trophies....just fish.

Cheers
Noiseworks

Scott nthQld
08-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Sorry mate, can't help you with any useful info, just get up high if you can and lok for gutters, gravel patches, shallow inshore reef and throw a line in their. Check the zoning in the area too for yellow and green zones, they still apply, even if landbased.

madman1
09-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Hi NW,

Bowen has a heap of rocky foreshores with heaps of opportunity for pelaigics around them one would imagine.

I haven't personally fished there but it certainly looks fishy.

Tune into 4MKFM on Saturday from 7 - 8 and you may get some hints from the fishing guy on there.

Good Luck

Mark

Noiseworks
09-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the input, any other suggestions........please.....

Cheers
Noiseworks