PDA

View Full Version : Boat ID please?

Hornet Rider
05-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Righto....could I ask the more age challenged members to ID this boat please. Is it a Cruise Craft, an Easy Rider or something else? What model, year, length, & how many snapper have been caught using this boat?

Outsider1
05-09-2008, 09:48 PM
My guess is it is a Pride, but it is only a guess. My uncle had one and it looks very similar in the lines.

Cheers

Dave

Kajiki
05-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Looks like a Cruise Craft Rogue to me. Early 80s by the donk.

Hornet Rider
09-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Dave, Kajiki, apparently it's a 4.5m 1978 Cruise Craft Rogue, & looks in reasonable nick for its age. Transom, floor & other bits haven't been tested for rot.

BGG
10-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Hornet Rider
To the best of my knowledge, the Rogue did not have a forward hatch. If I remember correctly, this is a Renegade, based on the Rogue but with a few accessories. Depending on the length of the hull, it may even be a Rapide which was essentially a 15 footer. The Rogue and Renegade are 14 footers.
If I'm wrong, just put it down to CRAFT and the fact that these boats were around in the 70's.

rowanda
10-09-2008, 01:49 PM
I had a cruisecraft rogue and the front didn't look the same (agree with BGG about no hatch on the rogue) could be an older model rogue, but definately not the same as mine

Hornet Rider
10-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Hornet Rider
To the best of my knowledge, the Rogue did not have a forward hatch. If I remember correctly, this is a Renegade, based on the Rogue but with a few accessories. Depending on the length of the hull, it may even be a Rapide which was essentially a 15 footer. The Rogue and Renegade are 14 footers.
If I'm wrong, just put it down to CRAFT and the fact that these boats were around in the 70's.

BGG, you & rowanda could be on the money, I guess it just depends on when you were taught to be cautious. The chap who told me it could be a Rogue wasn't totally sure & did mention the Renegade & Rapid models. From bow to stern it's 4.5m (about 14.7'). So it's probably one or the other, but not a Rogue.

Interested in another one? Owner says this one is a Vickers, made by the UK Vickers boat builder. Looks more like it's out of the Cruise Craft, Easy Rider, Nautiglass, Vickers, stable? Anyone care to ID it? The Yam 140 is probably over the manufactures max for this hull, but that's a guess. It's 4.8m (15.7')

kingtin
10-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Mate, Vickers UK are ship builders, unless there's a smaller company that I'm unaware of. They built the first British nuclear sub, if I remember rightly....just up the road from where I lived in the UK.

kev

BGG
10-09-2008, 07:28 PM
The Vichers I remember were a take-over of the Easy Rider and it's not one of those. I'll do a bit more research and let you know if anything comes to mind.

Hornet Rider
10-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Mate, Vickers UK are ship builders, unless there's a smaller company that I'm unaware of. They built the first British nuclear sub, if I remember rightly....just up the road from where I lived in the UK.

kev

kev, no argument on who Vickers UK are, that's for sure, but I wasn't convinced they built this boat. It looks very much like the CCraft, Easy Rider etc breed but that's why I asked if anyone knew more about it. I know a little bit about Brit subs. Was in a small group of 4 kleppers on an exercise in Dorset, Poole in fact, on a very cold & wet night in Nov 1986. Job was to attach inert PE charges to the hull of a certain sub. It would be vain of me to say who won & who lost, but at the debrief a few days later I was sitting in the group who were grinning like cheshire cats looking across the room at a very pissed off bunch of RN submariners, but you get that on the big jobs don't you8-)

kingtin
11-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Was in a small group of 4 kleppers on an exercise in Dorset, Poole in fact, on a very cold & wet night in Nov 1986. Job was to attach inert PE charges to the hull of a certain sub. It would be vain of me to say who won & who lost, but at the debrief a few days later I was sitting in the group who were grinning like cheshire cats looking across the room at a very pissed off bunch of RN submariners, but you get that on the big jobs don't you8-)

Mate, you're not ex RM...............SBS?.........are you?

kev

catfishkid
11-09-2008, 06:52 PM
I am not sure what the boat is but the snapper caught ?lets say 10 fish per season and at least 28 seasons based on opinions expressed here,factor in good and bad years and i would have to say 307.;D

Cheers Craig

Mrs Ronnie H
11-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Hey
just a thought but if you like to email Wynnum marine I am sure they will be able to tell you if the boat is a cruisecraft or not.

Ronnie

Hornet Rider
11-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Mate, you're not ex RM...............SBS?.........are you?

kev

kev, no mate, I'm 100% made in Oz, was actually doing an exchange in Little Creek Virginia USA working with a mob similar to the one's above & did a 2 week jolly with them in the UK. I think that's why the RN lads were especially ticked off, getting a touch up from their own lads is bad enough, but getting rolled by a bunch of tobacco chewing red necks left them very unimpressed, but only for very short while. They do know how to party though. They took us for extended pub crawl in Bornemouth the next night & I learnt a couple of intersting lessons. Firstly English beer isn't warm & secondly, it's unwise to try & drink sailors under the table. I recall toward the end of the night I was flopping around like an untrained seal, but what happened after that is still a blur.

kingtin
12-09-2008, 11:18 PM
kev, no mate, I'm 100% made in Oz, was actually doing an exchange in Little Creek Virginia USA working with a mob similar to the one's above & did a 2 week jolly with them in the UK.

Good on yer mate............That'd be airborne if I remember rightly.........One of my sons did an exchange to Virginia also, although he was signals not SF's

Off topic but a giggle ............I did an 800 mile sponsored walk finishing up in Plymouth and the hospitality of a certain group. The local cinema down there was showing a rambo movie...........as a welcome, the buggers somehow got onto the roof and knocked out the neon letters AB and O............R M lit up the rooftops ;D

kev

Hornet Rider
13-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Good on yer mate............That'd be airborne if I remember rightly.........One of my sons did an exchange to Virginia also, although he was signals not SF's

Off topic but a giggle ............I did an 800 mile sponsored walk finishing up in Plymouth and the hospitality of a certain group. The local cinema down there was showing a rambo movie...........as a welcome, the buggers somehow got onto the roof and knocked out the neon letters AB and O............R M lit up the rooftops ;D

kev

800 miles kev? that's a huge tab mate!:o glad it was you, not me;D not surprising about the neon lights, that's typical of them, it's the 'Royal' thing in front of who they are that they like to remind others of. Worked with them in iraq in 2003 & again in 2006. They do like to break things. Between them, some sbs boys & a little bit of help from some USN F-14's & US marine F/18's they toasted a very expensive classy yatch formally in the posession of the guy who used to run the country. I think they wacked it with about 16 seperate 500 pounders & I think a Maverick got slipped in there as well. The fast jet boys were stacked up in race tracks from 10K to 25K & pushing each other out of the way to get a roll-in on it, bit like free beer at a happy hour. Fortunatley the crew had the good sense to leg it a few days before. It was fun to watch the fireworks, but when the show was over, the boat held her ground, no way could they sink her. You should have heard the grizzles & gripes. In typical fashion, they blamed the less than desired outcome on the US pilots for using shonky ordanance! The thing did eventually roll over on its side a few years later. Hats off to your boy too by the way. Hope he's doing well.

kingtin
13-09-2008, 10:45 PM
800 miles kev? that's a huge tab mate!:o glad it was you, not me;D

That's a while back now mate............24yrs ago I think. Did it in 21 days. ::) This is what I really remember well though............and the proudest moment of my life......most of the kids were from disadvantaged families........mine included ;D
This was a march proper. One had to march with military precision and points were awarded for discipline, bearing etc. these kids beat 7000 of nato's finest.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/bidkev/?action=view&current=Winners.jpg

All 3 of my older boys served joining as boy soldiers. They all saw Desert Storm as well as N Ireland and Bosnia..........the oldest has just finished his 22 and is in the process of coming out............nice pension for a WO1 and still only 40!

Way off topic mate ::) ;D...................Jeeez, I wish I could live it again ;D

One of the kids in that march above (strangely enough) ended up in the Royal Marines and sent me a similar picture and story.........small world eh? :o

kev

Hornet Rider
15-09-2008, 02:56 AM
That's a while back now mate............24yrs ago I think. Did it in 21 days. ::) This is what I really remember well though............and the proudest moment of my life......most of the kids were from disadvantaged families........mine included ;D
This was a march proper. One had to march with military precision and points were awarded for discipline, bearing etc. these kids beat 7000 of nato's finest.

All 3 of my older boys served joining as boy soldiers. They all saw Desert Storm as well as N Ireland and Bosnia..........the oldest has just finished his 22 and is in the process of coming out............nice pension for a WO1 and still only 40!

Way off topic mate ::) ;D...................Jeeez, I wish I could live it again ;D

One of the kids in that march above (strangely enough) ended up in the Royal Marines and sent me a similar picture and story.........small world eh? :o

kev

You've got a lot to be proud of Kev. Well done Colour ;)