PDA

View Full Version : Anyoneinterested in a Barron River trip Sunday?

Synful
04-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Evening all,

Anyone in Cairns interested in a Barron River trip on Sunday?
There's actually wind below 20 knots for the first time in God knows how long ::), so I'm hoping that the fish or crabs (1 or two of them) will play ball in sympathy ;D

Looking at launching at the Gentlemans hour of between 7:30am and 8:00am and fish through to about 1:00pm at latest.

I only have one spot as I have a 4.2m tinny.

ryeham
04-09-2008, 08:25 PM
would love to but have to fly out to sydney 1200 sunday......have you had any luck in and around cairns lately?? I've been working the inlet and russell/mulgrave lately and have come up with bugger-all.

Synful
04-09-2008, 08:32 PM
would love to but have to fly out to sydney 1200 sunday......have you had any luck in and around cairns lately?? I've been working the inlet and russell/mulgrave lately and have come up with bugger-all.

Nah, been too scared that I'd get blown half way to NZ ;)

Seriously though I've been doing some work on the trailer and with work and the wind, I haven't had much luck getting out at all. I really wish that this wind would drop off though, getting a bit sick of seeing the forecast for 20+ knots each weekend :'(

I tried the inlet about 3 weeks ago now and got a few nice mud herring for live bait and got no fish unless you count the ocean toad that slammed my largest live mud herring on the old trawler wreck in the inlet :-/

There's just too many sand banks in the Mulgrave on low tide for my liking when i don't know it well.

ryeham
04-09-2008, 08:47 PM
tell me about it.....the russell/mulgrave is a veritable minefield of sandbanks.

The Inlet was pretty good this morning weather wise, the wind wasn't blowing as hard but still the fishing was a bit ordinary.

hope you have better luck on the barron on sunday.

cheers