PDA

View Full Version : Alternative casting deck

jaredluke
04-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Can I make a casting deck and a floor in my tinnie other than having to get supports welded in? If so what material would I use. Or is it just better to get metal supports welded in? And how much would it cost to get these welded in by a fabricator?

Horse
04-09-2008, 07:29 PM
How big is your boat?

Kleyny
04-09-2008, 08:37 PM
for the supports there are a few ideas you could do.
screw pine (sealed) on the original floor/ribs and screw your new floor to that. poprivet some alloy c section or angle. or get the required alloy cut it to size and take it all down to an alloy welder to me wleded into place.
The last options is the best but my rear deck i have done a combo of one and two. Yes in the future i will get it wleded in but for now its doing its job with rivets and screws.

neil

Nico.d.R
04-09-2008, 09:47 PM
you can use angle pop riveted to the seat and ribs for your deck supports and use ally c channel and cut the ends on a angle to fit over the floor ribs for you floor . getting it welded is better if you can but it doesnt have to be welded if you use enough rivets . i used pop rivets to fit the 50mm angle to boat and then welded the rest of the frame work , this way i can take it all of if i need to , by drilling out the rivets the whole frame will lift out and i wont have to grind of any welds .

cheers nico

Nico.d.R
04-09-2008, 10:00 PM
this photo was before i welded it , i would have been happy to leave it like that but i have a mig welder at work so i welded it .
there is a thread here some where with more photos .

cheers nico