PDA

View Full Version : Applying flow coat

ovakil
04-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Went to hardware shop to buy a paint roller,so many to choose from.which is the better one?I thought a roller suitable for enamal paint.
Cheers Steve.

FNQCairns
04-09-2008, 03:53 PM
I found the softest bristle brush (most expensive:() did the best job although the choice can also depend on what orientation and size the surface is you are coating.

cheers fnq

doublexl
04-09-2008, 03:58 PM
yes i agree soft brush the best,and raw sugar for non slip surface..cheers

ovakil
04-09-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm going to paint floor of boat.I don't like carpet as it is too hard to clean & takes to long to dry.

Roughasguts
04-09-2008, 05:51 PM
yes i agree soft brush the best,and raw sugar for non slip surface..cheers

Interesting how long does that last. I have used sand before but that looks crap! Raw sugar would be the right grit.

doublexl
04-09-2008, 09:17 PM
hi roughasguts,the sugar is thrown on the flowcoat about 10 mins after you have brushed it on.when the flowcoat hardens [i usually leave it till the next day] you simply hose the floor off with water and the sugar disolves and you are left with an imprint that lasts for a long time and is very good as non slip.hope this explains if you have any other questions i'm only to happy to help..

FNQCairns
06-09-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm going to paint floor of boat.I don't like carpet as it is too hard to clean & takes to long to dry.

I found rollers for this are too slippery and would stick and glide at the thickness depth needed.

Go the brush, pour a big blob then paint it all around, then repeat.

cheers fnq